ROM Hack tactics layer problem T_T

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i put it on my card and when i notice that it has a 0 KBwell its not 0kb but now when i put it on my card it wont load at all. i have the latest version of software to.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
il try getting ti from another site then. >_< i hope taht works since i did re download it from teh one same site.

no i didnt. i never do that. o_0

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
That definitely sounds like anti-piracy. Without you actually having run it yet, the game is detecting that it's being listed in a flash card menu and modifying your file allocation table to report itself as a 0KB file and prevent you from running it. Hopefully Narin will do a cheat update to fix it.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah. i hope so to. been looking forward to playing this since 2 months ago and now that its out ...i cant T____T

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
That definitely sounds like anti-piracy. Without you actually having run it yet, the game is detecting that it's being listed in a flash card menu and modifying your file allocation table to report itself as a 0KB file and prevent you from running it. Hopefully Narin will do a cheat update to fix it.

I don't think it's anti-piracy. If it was, no one could play it until there was a fix, right? I'm playing it fine and I can use the cheats posted easily (No A-P fix). I say it's a matter of where you got it.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got it from different sites. and plus its the only game i ever had a 0kb problem with....T_T

Fyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Agreed, but it could also be problems w/ the card used. CyEvo was faced w/ compatibility errors (a BETA firmware has the fix), & similarly the EDGE. I know R4 using YSmenu has no errors at all, and I'm sure a couple out of the remaining cards likely have errors.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He's using a Slot 2 Supercard.

I know, because I have the same problems (SC MicroSD), and other SC users have been reporting it.
Patcher is to blame, but no fix in sight for now.
frown.gif

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are stuck in the same boat then T_T

however im buying supercard ds onei in few days . il be pissed if it still doesnt work then

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
... wanted to help you with this issue.

So, this sometimes happens to me, when using my external drive, it happened once when in my SD, too, just do this:

1- Connect the SD to the Computer
2- Go to Computer
3- Right Click on the Card -> Properties -> Tools
4- Choose the First Option ( something about error check )
5- Enable both options, and wait for it to finish
6- Go to the card, DELETE the rom ( you wont see 0kb on it anymore, but delete it anyway )
7- Send the new rom to the Card
8- Play

This happened to me a lot on my PSP as well ... i think if there is a problem while you send the rom to the card, you get those anoying "0kb" files ... sometimes they cant be deleted unless you do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.