Hacking Tales of Monkey Island, Modification?

Dookieman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who have played the newest installment of Monkey Island on Wii probably noticed the low audio quality that the game has. Since the PC version is perfect, is it possible to take the audio files from the PC version and place them into the Wii version? Just curious.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it definitely is. there are so many people complaining about the wii-ware-version. the framerate seems ridiculous low. i tested it with a wiiware game and decided to buy it via steam. simply because of the sound and speech, graphics quality and framerate.

there is even a reaction of the defs about the problem: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=20700

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just put up with it it's worth it cos you get to play with the mote and (me anyway) on a 60" plasma! played it for 5 hours straight and finished it.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a htpc right underneath my tv. i use my wii-mote as my mouse with glovepi and it works like a charm. the result is that a have a better experience with mokey island on pc as i would have on the wii, with nearly no difference concerning the controls.

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
I found the new version on the Wii practically unplayable. The frame rate was so choppy and stuttering and the IR sensing didnt even seem right. What a let down.

Im going to get the PC version.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first scene on that boat is just terrible. But don't give up just right away. After that it does get better, still not perfect though

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
If you haven't tried, use the D-Pad to move around. Clicking and dragging with the Wiimote is an unpleasant experience.

And aside from the obvious issues, it's still a very fun game to play.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
apart of the lagging and stuttering - if you have any other option like pc or xbox360 i would recommend to get it there. simply because of the spoken text and of the textures. it's just more enjoyable.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The voices and textures are the way they are because we're limited to 40 megs for WiiWare titles. The PC versions of our games are usually 150+ megs, and most modern games range anywhere from 1-10 gigabytes or more.

They should have waited until all the episodes had been released, and then placed them on a compilation DVD containing all of them and sold it at retail, as opposed to compressing the shit out of it and then releasing it as a 40MB WiiWare download.

I know Telltale are all into digital distribution and what not, but they need to stop thinking WiiWare is something comparable to Steam.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Slade.AU said:
If you haven't tried, use the D-Pad to move around. Clicking and dragging with the Wiimote is an unpleasant experience.

oh what you can use the d-pad to move? wish i knew that b4! to all those who complain stop being blinded be graphics it is NOT unplayable i played it straight through and i get sick of games very fast if their buggy as for the voice if you can't hear it turn the volume up or have voice as the highest volume and turn the music down that's what i did. so if I can do it than so can YOU!

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Slade.AU said:

oh what you can use the d-pad to move? wish i knew that b4! to all those who complain stop being blinded be graphics it is NOT unplayable i played it straight through and i get sick of games very fast if their buggy as for the voice if you can't hear it turn the volume up or have voice as the highest volume and turn the music down that's what i did. so if I can do it than so can YOU!

It's unplayable not for the graphics, but because of the low volume of voices, awful quality of voices, micro unredeable-from-afar text, frame rate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Is there an adult version called xxx lol