Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Offtopic: Maybe the RetroArch project and emu devs should cooperate having one big money pot and everyone gets a fair amount? That would be a fair approach in my opinion.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
m4xw has only pasted selected parts of chatlogs. post nothing or post it all.
Look, I understand your concern about it being select parts but so far everyone, and I say everyone defending TX has literally posted nothing. No evidence. Zero. Nada. And considering that TX's claims are far, far bolder than m4xw's, not to mention that, again, a good part come from someone who is literally paid to be TX's spokesperson, I'd say that in this situation some is better than none unless someone comes forward with a better piece of evidence.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Offtopic: Maybe the RetroArch project and emu devs should cooperate having one big money pot and everyone gets a fair amount? That would be a fair approach in my opinion.

We have monthly bills to pay, big bills, that amount to over $350+ per month for servers alone that can barely keep up with all the traffic and builds that need to be churned out.

I have funded several emudevs, I try to do what I can with what little money we have already for positive things for the scene. I just don't make a big deal about it or announce whenever I give somebody a $100 here, and a $100 there. $1500 is not a whole lot to work with and already we are faced with the prospect of having to upgrade our servers and go for even more expensive plans because the speeds are just too low and the costs just keep escalating for traffic.

What we need to do instead, is have emulator developers work together, like I have been proposing all along, and stop this stupid and rather childish pissing contest all the time. We need to think pragmatically, act diplomatically, and stop splitting hairs over trivial things to divide us. As long as that cannot be done, only big-time entrepreneurs will win, and all of us will remain poor. That is the reality of things. We are hurting ourselves by thinking of each other as 'rivals' instead of seeing the bigger picture. This is not a smart approach in the business world, and it is not smart in the open source world either where corporations are starting to have the upper hand now over the actual creators.

I wish the MAME project all the best, I have no issues with it at all. I want to see it do well just as I want my own project to keep existing. It only becomes an issue when the other project wishes for my own project to die or go away that things become an issue. I just wish there was more to work with in this scene instead of a bunch of nerds with temper tantrums that just want to rant at each other in passive-aggressive monologues arguing over stuff that frankly doesn't matter, instead of finding the things that unite us so we can get somewhere. We all need to grow up here, myself included, and stop this stupid nonsense.

And also, I am not going to get involved in another argument with smf again. I learned my lesson yesterday, we are not going to have a repeat of that, and the mods don't feel for it either. He should talk to me in PM instead, just like the mods suggested. Otherwise I feel we are both flirting with a potential ban.

Last edited by LibretroRetroArc,

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@LibretroRetroArc
What about torrent? Or maybe even IPFS. Would lower the bandwidth.

I don't think torrents have a good reputation anymore due to it being commonly associated with piracy. Not wanting to tar it with a brush or anything, just an unfortunate circumstance of things. I agree that a tool is a tool and all that. It would also be very inconvenient in general to have people needing to seed a download in order for it to remain existing.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair points. I wish it would not have such a bad reputation just because it is abused. Just like TOR/darknet.

Anyway i'm stopping now. Way too offtopic.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fair points. I wish it would not have such a bad reputation just because it is abused. Just like TOR/darknet.

In a way, a lot of opensource is heading that way, emulators included too. It's unfortunate that altruistic practices that truly started out well intentioned and for no real purpose of monetization just get abused by corporations for their own ends, and then whatever is left is cast aside in some kind of 'forgotten place' and looked down upon as 'illegitimate'. It is unfortunate, but unfortunately late-stage capitalism is a cancer like that, increasingly engaging in more parasitism in order to keep itself afloat.

I sympathize with MAME's desire to rebrand and reposition itself in a changing world where emulators are increasingly becoming a bigger part of most game companies' revenue-generating business cycle, and we are trying to move along a similar path, just using different methods. Our approaches might differ but ultimately I think there is more overlap than they [some of MAME who are critics of the project] might think. I still think none of those game companies and businesses ultimately mean either of us any good though and are just in it for themselves, hence why we as a community should work with each other instead of regarding each other as 'rivals' and just trying to tear each other down. It's stupid and it betrays a juvenile mindset of people that cannot grow and change with the times and are stuck in a '00s coding mindset that even Linus Torvalds grew out of.

Last edited by LibretroRetroArc,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
After he agreed to do it, and then he was given a better offer by the libretro team to support them instead, and once he got that offer, he turned around and blackmailed us to fork over $6,000 or he would switch sides and release with libretro instead.
BASED @m4xw tricking the Chinese into making themselves look even more incompetent than usual!

We offered to bundle his Retronx inside SX OS (and it would be available for FREE, not licensed) and it would appear as RetroSX in our rommenu, and we would handle all the UI code.
So you'd ditch the GPLv3 license and release it without a source code or acknowledgement of the original license? Wow, talk about stealing code and attempted bribery of another person to break the law!

Uh oh! What did he mean by this?! :rofl2:

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yawn, who cares, can we all just get along and stop with all this childish drama

"yawn" and "who cares" makes you sound "childish" and adds to the "drama".

There are thousands more threads on this site. Feel free to be adultish and visit 1 of those.

"""""""""""""""""""""""

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had enough of this thread, its time to clear the air, most of what I state below is true, if you have seen the chatlogs that xianaix has posted already, lets end this thread and have it locked, but first my 2 cents worth:

The original post is all wrong anyway, it was stunt by SquarePusher of RetroArch fame to promote their switch release.

Yes, TX contacted M4W, but when we did he was working solely by himself and not aligned with Libretro, and his Retronx needed help and ui.

We offered to bundle his Retronx inside SX OS (and it would be available for FREE, not licensed) and it would appear as RetroSX in our rommenu, and we would handle all the UI code.

After he agreed to do it, and then he was given a better offer by the libretro team to support them instead, and once he got that offer, he turned around and blackmailed us to fork over $6,000 or he would switch sides and release with libretro instead.

A little back and forth occurred after his blackmail price, but even after it was lowered the 'price' there was no guarantee he would honor his side of agreement, so the whole idea and project was dropped.

After that libretro announced their official switch fork, and m4w completed it for them, there was never a 'bribe from us' and never a want for us to infringe on libretro licenses, at the time the offer was made to work together he was on his own and not part of their project.

But even when chatlogs got leaked in the thread showing the truth, the subject was never corrected, and the thread has turned into many different shitstorms, first with libretro developer fighting with mame developer and then once all those posts removed, it went into fight over tx licensing of code and having brick code at one time in its release, and now its turn into a fight over which homebrew developers are playing on both sides of the fence.

The thread is useless, and normally i love free speech, but locking it i think is best, maybe even restoring all the posts, so people don't think the whole discussion has been censored, there is alot of valid topics in there, but each should be in their own thread with matching subject itself.

Ok, my soap box rant is over. --- Moving forward I love the fact that retronx is out and available for everyone to enjoy, but it was never TX want to lock it down, and I am looking forward to more homebrew and development in the scene.

See the Real Truth comes out .. you tell them @garyopa

Can't wait for the Next Update w00t

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
See the Real Truth comes out .. you tell them @garyopa

Can't wait for the Next Update w00t
His statements provides no actual evidence and considering that TX claims something much more dangerous than what m4xw is claiming (TX is on the offense by stating he was the original price citer/saying m4xw agreed to work with them instead of simply denying all allegations, so the burden of proof lies on the offense).

I'd prefer to see actual evidence behind those words, not just interpretations of chatlogs made by someone who clearly has some form of biased attitude towards the entire situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It is really cool how they managed to do this. Hopefully we get a fully hacked XBox One by next... +1