Hacking Homebrew Tegra Freezing when injecting Hekate

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still Needing Help. I've tried everything, and I can't seem to get it to work at all.

RCM Device detected
Preset "PAYLOAD_FILE" set to : C:\Users\hglic\Downloads\hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2_Nyx_1.5.2\hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2.bin
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "C:\Users\hglic\Downloads\hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2_Nyx_1.5.2\hekate_ctcaer_6.0.2.bin"
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#9&14fc68a7&0&4#{aa0dbd45-3117-f331-5c49-76bf65225042}
Was only able to read 4 out of 16 bytes of device id
Error while injecting payload (RC=-7)

This is the entire log I get when I try to load Hekate. It either (on startup of Tegra) makes the little screen in the corner turn orange with the loading thing and freezes the entire program, forcing me to close it. Or if it does manage to somehow stay open after trying an unsuccessful payload, it gives me the same error except the screen in the bottom turns red with a big X in it. If anyone could help with his it'd be great. Also, regardless of what I do, the screen just stays black. I am able to fully restart the console in regular mode. The USB detects the switch, everything is updated to latest version and is compatible. All my drivers are up to date.

Last edited by HGPOfficial,

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try different usb port, different cable.
Okie dokie. gimme like 2 seconds to try and find another one
Post automatically merged:

Try different usb port, different cable.
Tried 3 different cables and every single port on my pc, does the same thing for every one of them. Also tried rekado on my phone, no dice, doesn't come up with the popup to select payload for injecting.

Also tried TegraRCMSmash, nothing comes up. I mean program wise, can't get it to work at all.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In your other thread you said there was an issue with the charging port. What was the issue, and how was it fixed?

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your other thread you said there was an issue with the charging port. What was the issue, and how was it fixed?
Dunno. Took it to a repair shop. I think they said bent pins

I really still do need help. I can't get it to work at all. Tried a different computer, tried every single chord and port again, old and newer versions of everything. Tried my phone again. Everything just doesn't do anything and I can't figure out why. Please help if you can.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno. Took it to a repair shop. I think they said bent pins

I really still do need help. I can't get it to work at all. Tried a different computer, tried every single chord and port again, old and newer versions of everything. Tried my phone again. Everything just doesn't do anything and I can't figure out why. Please help if you can.

Is this the same repair shop that you mentioned in the first post of your other thread?

I don't know why you are having this problem but as much information as possible about what exactly they did to the usb port would be helpful to others that might know, given that you are still having problems with the usb port.

Last edited by User154,

Mikolaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Make sure the hekate payload you are injecting matches the hekate version installed on your sd card. Make sure your sd card slot is properly plugged on the motherboard. Make sure your sd card is properly inserted in the slot. Check your sd card integrity. If any doubt then try another one. Check your console usb port . Check your usb drivers,too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is this the same repair shop that you mentioned in the first post of your other thread?

I don't know why you are having this problem but as much information as possible about what exactly they did to the usb port would be helpful to others that might know, given that you are still having problems with the usb port.
I'm suspecting that maybe the repair shop only put in a replacement port without data lines connected. (Power only)

Reactions: binkinator

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm suspecting that maybe the repair shop only put in a replacement port without data lines connected. (Power only)

I wouldn't really have liked to say what they did, just pretty sure they've done something.

Think the sd reader could be worth a look, don't know if they are likely to have taken it off and not put it on properly, it sounded like the repair shop wasn't sure what was actually wrong with it initially.

Update
Took it to a local game store that agreed to work on modded switches (thank God it was only 30 minutes away) They said the APU chip was possibly damaged as there is nothing wrong with it and it would be 125 to repair it. Most likely due to a power surge coming into it too fast. Although idk how. It was only connected to the dock and the cable I use for file transfers from my pc (very low wattage as for this type of stuff to not happen, and my phone charger, while very high wattage, wasn't plugged into it until AFTER it had gone through the whole "I don't want to turn on" phase) They're gonna run tests on it when I come back when I get paid And I will update you guys when I get it back. And also about my phone charger, yes I used it before to charge it, but every time I used it, it was charging fine. Didn't seem like a huge issue. But maybe it was. I would've expected it to like... immediately shut off or something. But hey. I got at least something to work with now. I'll try new CFW when it comes out (if it comes out before I get paid And take it back here).

Reactions: binkinator

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't really have liked to say what they did, just pretty sure they've done something.

Think the sd reader could be worth a look, don't know if they are likely to have taken it off and not put it on properly, it sounded like the repair shop wasn't sure what was actually wrong with it initially.

Oh great. Well now I might need to figure out how to fix that. Although I don't understand how it could be charge only if it is recieving enough data from the console to show that RCM is active and working. Also, all my pins and everything SD card, reader, and console slot wise are fine. As far as I know they either 1. Replaced the whole port. Or 2. Bent pins back into place. I would think the former is what they actually did though

How would I go about fixing this issue. Since the console on no longer modded I mean, I have a way to get Nintendo in to help with the problem, however there is no longer warranty on it and I don't want my switch being sent off and coming back as a patched version. It would be super simple if I could just go to a repair shop and ask them to see. However, I don't actually know what to do at this point.

How would I go about fixing this issue. Since the console on no longer modded I mean, I have a way to get Nintendo in to help with the problem, however there is no longer warranty on it and I don't want my switch being sent off and coming back as a patched version. It would be super simple if I could just go to a repair shop and ask them to see. However, I don't actually know what to do at this point.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh great. Well now I might need to figure out how to fix that. Although I don't understand how it could be charge only if it is recieving enough data from the console to show that RCM is active and working. Also, all my pins and everything SD card, reader, and console slot wise are fine. As far as I know they either 1. Replaced the whole port. Or 2. Bent pins back into place. I would think the former is what they actually did though

Have you contacted the repair shop about this? In the first instance I would give them chance to put it right for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")