Tekken 7 trailer adds Street Fighter's Akuma to the roster

In a new trailer, Tekken 7 confirmed the name of its full version (usually the home console version too): Tekken 7 Fated Retribution.

This trailer's primary focus however is the addition of Street Fighter's Akuma to the roster and seemingly as a part of the game's storyline as well.

Akuma's inclusion to Tekken follows what seems to be a recent trend of Street Fighter characters exploring new horizons as Ryu is now a part of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros 4.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
is that leo the blonde guy !? the one who said "Mach dich bereit" or was it "Ich bin bereit" i speak some german, i didnt know he was german xD i love him !!

Akuma addition is neat ~

Reactions: Bimmel

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Leo is a girl. It is hard to tell at first though. lol

h..hoHoooRYYY SHEEEEET ! i never knew i swear...

i just googled him... sorry i mean her.. before ..some minutes ago to check if shes german..

and just after typing the name after Tekken 6 'Leo' then came 'is it a he or she' ... XD

i am mind blown seriously , i always thought it was a HE .

Reactions: cvskid

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is that leo the blonde guy !? the one who said "Mach dich bereit" or was it "Ich bin bereit" i speak some german, i didnt know he was german xD i love him !!

Akuma addition is neat ~
Very good hearing there.

He say's just "dich bereit". I did not even hear that when I watched the trailer. : )

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Very good hearing there.

He say's just "dich bereit". I did not even hear that when I watched the trailer. : )

thanks ! and yes i have good hearing, so i always have the TV vol. set to low.

because i cannot stand it when it is too loud ? for the rest of my family it is very low, but for me it is loud , i dont know how to explain it,

but i am basicaly satisfied with low volume with everything from phone-tv-gaming xD i guess i do have a good hearing then.

- Deutschland ist Wunderbar~

Reactions: Bimmel
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I think it's not the problem that they have a story. Maybe it is more of a problem how the story is prensented and how much time is spent on making it.

How awesome could the game become if they would stop to invest so much in the presentation?

Personally I think the storys are just bullshit from beginning to end.

Tekken 3 - Slay Ogre, Jins Devil awakens.
Tekken 4 - Heihachi in dipers.
Tekken 5 - Heihachis Grandpa (?) is shooting fireballs out of his belly.
Tekken 6 - A dragon!? Really? I'm out of here.

Maybe their are deeper meanings, I know that. But I'm more for an investment in a good fighter.
My favourite fighting games are; Dead or Alive 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag, Smash 4, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 / Tenkaichi 3 / Tenkaichi Tag but aside from the DBZ games I don't really know the stories because I just want to kick butts and that's about it. On DBZ games it's always the same boring story so I don't really care about it either.

DoA 2's breakable stages are one of the reason I still love to play it (besides the character models, gameplay and music -- Story is like beating some devil monster and take down Kasumi's evil twin or something).

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's how you make a trailer ^_^

As for games with story lines, tbh I feel a story is what pushes the game in a sense. Being that I've played just about ever fighting game series I'm more a fan of the K.O.F. story lines, one great thing I love about the series is finding hidden story ARC scenes. A good example would be K.O.F. 97, sure the english was a bit broken but that was the charm of SNK games ^_^

Last edited by EMP Knightmare,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So Tekken X Street Fighter will be Tekken 7? Um. Guess that's okay from the perspective of a gamer and not a fan.

how does anyone think that? they include only akuma and maybe the inevitable ryu as what seems to be a nod and a sorry for cancelling the tekken x street fighter game. otherwise, this is just continuing the normal tekken plotline where its all about the mishima and devil genes.

and as it seems, akuma pretty much keeps the sf style? i wonder if he'll even be allowed to sidestep.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

how does anyone think that? they include only akuma and maybe the inevitable ryu as what seems to be a nod and a sorry for cancelling the tekken x street fighter game. otherwise, this is just continuing the normal tekken plotline where its all about the mishima and devil genes.

and as it seems, akuma pretty much keeps the sf style? i wonder if he'll even be allowed to sidestep.
It could be the start of SF characters as DLC for Tekken 7.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Think Ryu is also going to be in it, long ago there were some character shots of Ryu as a Tekken model.
Who knows, Capcom did Street Fighter X Tekken, and now Namco Bandai is adding SF to there game.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch