Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating Seal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My happiest moment this year happened not too long ago actually. My sister, niece, and I went to join the festivities at my grandma's old house(Christmas Day is also her birthday and she moved to Georgia last year leaving her old house to one of my aunts.) She seemed in good spirits despite having knee surgery not too long ago and having difficulty walking. Seeing her and almost every other member of my dad's (crazy) side of the family in one small, chaotic household made me realize how lonely I actually was (because I have very little in common with them and I'm not that hot socially I tend to turn down requests from them to hang out and stuff) and gave me a drive to start reaching out to them more, even if they only want to go to bars and clubs. I got to play with a very large and playful dog all I wanted, drank as much soda as humanly possible, and at the end of the night I got the chance to play Sonic Unleashed, courtesy of my dad. All in all it was the best, and happiest holiday I've had this year.

K

KingpinSlim

My happiest moment this year by far was when i got the letter telling me i been accepted for a college, so i can go back to school and finally get my college degree.

Looking back, i am really grateful for this second chance and when i consider the grades i have received thus far, it really shows that you never have to give yourself up if you still have a dream that you are willing to work really hard for.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The happiest moment of this year is when my dog was fine after her surgery. Four years ago we had the first dog of my household die, on Christmas morning at 2 AM. She was 15 years old and it wasn't too shocking due to the age, but the date and the lack of signs of her death were the surprising part. The year after that we had our other dog, a Labrador that was 9, die on January 3rd, almost one year after our older dog died. This year we have had a golden retriever for two years and she is now 7 years old, 3 weeks ago she started having seizures and spasms and we were afraid that she would not make it into 2013 and would die at the same time as our other two dogs which was saddening as my mother is a very caring person and cries for a week or two after the animals die. A week ago we learned that the dog needed to be put on some medicine and we took her home 5 days ago which was a very nice Christmas present and that she would be fine.

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
my wife and i worked loads of overtime so we could take our 2 year old daughter to Disneyland...the trip was awesome!..my daughter was so happy...and i got the "drive" the river boat!
also...narutopet sorry for your loss...lost my dad years ago...still miss him all the time...

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Happiest memory this year was hearing that my grandma was alright after suffering a heart attack, it came so unexpected as she's a generally a healthy person who eats well, don't smoke etc.
Worst part of it is that I don't get to see her that often due to living live an ocean apart, so losing her now would've felt really bad. I hope me and my family will get the chance to visit her next year.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
My happiest memory this year hmmmm...
Well this year was really unlucky for me so there are not alot things that were good, but there is one that happened this month.
Mine class was the best class this year and everyone in the school is jelly now.
24 students, 2 with A Notes and 22 with B :D

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My happiest memory this year was seeing my parents proud faces when I had won a 1st prize in a state-level competition (being one of the youngest in the competition).

...this probably won't make much sense to many of you, but I felt genuinely happy not from winning the prize but by t;he fact that I had satisfied my parents and gained their approval from excelling in this competition. I've always felt that my parents have never felt proud of anything that I have done or accomplished (which is unfortunately not a lot), but seeing their faces after winning something of great significance just made me feel so happy...

...and now I shall ruin this heartfelt moment by saying this:
PENIS.

That is all. :P

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Guess I'll give it a try too. I apologize for eventual mistakes, as English isn't my main language (French is)

First, a bit of backstory. Since I was born, my father seemed to hate me. He wasn't there at my birth, he never gave me gifts (while he doted my older brother twofold), he always insulted me for weeks at the slightest mistake, and made of my childhood a living hell. Things changed when I was fifteen, and when it was revealed that my father cheated on my mother with one of my brother's teachers (a childhood love of his). My mother asked him to choose between his family or his childhood love, and he chose the latest option. When he turned on us - his three children, me being the middle one and the least loved - to get some support, my only answer was "Why do you ask me some support, while you never showed me love ?". He left right after that.

I then quickly became the man of the family. My mother started to show signs of alcoolism (due to her not finding another man, and the fact she had to throw my brother out of the house for theft of her credit card, for 300+ €), and as she was allergic to alcohol, her health quickly became the main subject. She then suffered from blood poisoning, to make matters all the worse, and as my sister was only 5 years old and I was the only one able to do something, I dropped school to take care of my family and the school. It lasted three years until blood poisoning took the last of my mother, leaving me and my sister by themselves.

Being the only direct parent available, the choice was to stay alone or to live with my father. As I still had problems with my father, I chose to live alone... To suffer the problems that plague everyone who wants to live alone : Finding a new home, trying to get a job, trying to catch back the school years I skipped... Add to that the fact my sister wasn't happy at all with my father, as he spent his live dragging her to bars and drinking up to 3 am, when she had school starting at 7 am, and her school didn't want to do anything as, if my sister went to the next relative (my grandparents) available, she'd surely leave that school due to her living way too far from it. It quickly became a uphill battle between me and my grandparents on one side, and my father on the other.

We won that battle after three long years. A battle that stripped my father of his parental rights concerning her daughter, and said daughter didn't hesitate a single second to spit whatever she had on her heart to my father, which quickly broke him. He then spent the next years going from one woman to another, not caring at all about himself and doing his best to make himself suffer, like it was a normal thing. When I met him two years ago, I hardly recognized him, due to how he seemed aged and in constant pain. We had a talk together and he apologized about all he did to me during my childhood. I saw him cry for the first time at that moment.

We spent that year rebuilding a father-and-son relationship. I acknowledge his faults and he accepts mine. He takes interest in what my life is becoming and wants to give me some help, while I try to take care of him as much as he lets me to. And while I can't forgive him for some things, like what he forced my sister to endure, I can now accept the fact he is my father and I am his son. And the moment I noticed that was the happiest moment of that year.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
My happiest memory this year was when my students graduated in the high school that i work.
After all the effort put in their classes, they graduated with most high rank.
I am proud of all of them.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
The happiest moment for me was quitting religion and celebrating Christmas for the first time with some great friends. Great way to end what hasn't been the best of years for me.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best memory has happened all year and that is spending time with my family while watching a movie, we have some much fun

I would be great if I got a Wii U

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how many of these are genuine...The thing is that if I'm understanding this correctly the winner is drawn randomly, so the actual quality of the memory's tugging on your heartstrings is basically irrelevant. You might as well enter 'My best memory is abloogywoogywoo' and it makes about as much sense. Unless I've misunderstood something?

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My happiest memory this year was when I got my puppy. He's extremely adorable, and helped me cope with the death of my beloved Labrador. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although im off school that day
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I...