alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jailbreak.jpg

QUOTE said:
Also known by it's codename, SHAtter, This was the first exploit in the S5L8930 to allow unsigned code execution to create a tethered jailbreak for life, and as an initial vector for all new untethered exploits to come.

icon11.gif
Source

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
alidsl said:
kwartel said:
wabsta said:
I don't really get it...
+1, more info please! :S
Currently this is all the info I can get, but isn't it obvious what it is. It's a tethered jailbreak that stays when you update, so your iphone is always jailbroken
Aaaaah now I get it
tongue.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
alidsl said:
kwartel said:
wabsta said:
I don't really get it...
+1, more info please! :S
Currently this is all the info I can get, but isn't it obvious what it is. It's a tethered jailbreak that stays when you update, so your iphone is always jailbroken
No. It just means that they wont ever have to look for a way to jailbreak inside the software anymore, instead they can just use the hardware DFU mode directly with every firmware. This is nice because we will then allways be able with these newer devices to install custom firmware, currently with the newer ones its only posiple if the device is allready jailbroken... i wonder if this also breaks Apple's SHSH system?

Hmm and since it got the name "SHAtter" i asume they found a bug in the way that Apple signerature checks the firmware files while in DFU mode? Kinda like the old certificate stack smash.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time Apple updates, this exploit stays, but I think they have to release something to untether it. I'm not sure about this...
But anyway, low level boot access =
ninja.gif
. Custom boot logos and verbose on iPad
There should really be an iDevice smiley

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut