• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas, immigrants aren't pawns, stop treating them inhumane

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-christmas-eve-migrant-drop-off-at-vps-house/
Are you fucking kidding me? On Christmas fucking eve? Just dropping these guys off for a political stunt in temperature below 30f (specifically apparently in 18 degree weather)
No coordination, no "hey so we're going to go do this"
Let me guess, it's exactly like the other bused migrants, in which they were lied to about where they were going, and what they were going to get.
These are fucking people's lives, quit toying with them.
Post automatically merged:

On a good note or the light at the end of the tunnel. A group called migrant solidarity mutual aid network. Teamed up with some of the churches to help them find shelter, food, clothes, and even toys apparently for the kids.
Which by the name, I'd guess it's a group of leftists, who dropped a lot of they were doing, to help people in need. I'm glad that there is a network going on there, since someone could of died if left exposed to those temperatures.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Phearoz and Xzi

FyrruPuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hear your frustration, and it's infuriating how immigrants can be treated as pawns in political games.On a brighter note, it's great to see groups like Migrant Solidarity Mutual Aid Network and churches stepping up to provide help and support. In times like these, it's essential that communities come together to make a positive impact.When dealing with sensitive immigration matters, it's a good idea to check with reliable resources like UAE Attestation London. You can find more info at https://apostillelondon.com/embassy-attestation/uae/

Last edited by FyrruPuff,
Reactions: Phearoz

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of parallels with the European migrant crisis and Mediterranean countries becoming increasingly belligerent over shouldering a larger load of the influx

Unfortunately the truth is this will continue until the country as a whole moves further right and immigration is actually addressed

Of course many of these people deserve asylum but the current resources and the way things are being done at the border is not appropriate - we need to direct more federal funds to the southern border

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
we need to direct more federal funds to the southern border
Why should we send them more money after pulling these stunts? It would only encourage Abbott to keep doing it so he can use the opportunity to line his own pocket. Moreover, Republicans rejected several border security bills over the last two years. As long as they believe the issue can benefit them politically, they won't want to take any meaningful steps toward actually fixing it.

Reactions: Phearoz

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should we send them more money after pulling these stunts? It would only encourage Abbott to keep doing it so he can use the opportunity to line his own pocket. Moreover, Republicans rejected several border security bills over the last two years. As long as they believe the issue can benefit them politically, they won't want to take any meaningful steps toward actually fixing it.
I am talking about federal border guards, facilities etc

Texas doesn't get to administer federal installations

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about federal border guards, facilities etc

Texas doesn't get to administer federal installations
Texas gets a whole lot of federal funding to help manage their Southern border. It wouldn't even surprise me if Abbott was misusing federal dollars to purchase bus tickets for immigrants. If they're refusing to properly allocate that money or fulfill the duties that come attached to it, then perhaps it should be re-distributed to all surrounding states instead. Or the states that Abbott is busing immigrants to, for that matter.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Texas gets a whole lot of federal funding to help manage their Southern border. It wouldn't even surprise me if Abbott was misusing federal dollars to purchase bus tickets for immigrants. If they're refusing to properly allocate that money or fulfill the duties that come attached to it, then perhaps it should be re-distributed to all surrounding states instead. Or the states that Abbott is busing immigrants to, for that matter.
Simpler and more logical to just allocate federal funds to border guards and points of entry/processing centers

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TBF, the immigrants seem to think entering a political shitshow of a country is a better alternative to the conditions that they left behind.

I find the scenario to be funny, and exposing of politicians on both sides of the spectrum.

But maybe people want to clutch pearls for Harris, here, IDK. The Hill, and "Dems" do, that's apparent.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Simpler and more logical to just allocate federal funds to border guards and points of entry/processing centers
Of course the federal government pays its own employees and funds its own facilities, but it ALSO gives plenty of money to the state of Texas. Abbott needs to learn how to govern rather than spend all his time focusing on political theater. It's not winning him any new supporters, and it's exposing the degeneracy of his existing ones.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the federal government pays its own employees and funds its own facilities, but it ALSO gives plenty of money to the state of Texas. Abbott needs to learn how to govern rather than spend all his time focusing on political theater. It's not winning him any new supporters, and it's exposing the degeneracy of his existing ones.
Yes but my point is the federal governments to spend more on the border, the current situation is untenable

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your government is like a person with two right hands. Let us know when your immigration problem is fixed. Looking forward to choosing between Biden and Trump again? 🤡
Biden has been a significant improvement for the US compared to what the US experienced under Trump. To say otherwise is to deny verifiable data and people who deny that (as you often do) are objectively stupid.

Reactions: iamisaac

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Biden has been a significant improvement for the US compared to what the US experienced under Trump. To say otherwise is to deny verifiable data and people who deny that (as you often do) are objectively stupid.

That's called "bargaining". You can keep them both. You are factually incorrect about your assessment btw. I don't often deny verifiable data. I guess that must mean you are "objectively stupid". Nice chat.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes but my point is the federal governments to spend more on the border, the current situation is untenable
I'm not convinced that's really the issue, or that Abbott wouldn't still be doing this even with a surplus of funds. The House won't pass any border bill during Biden's first term, simply because they don't want it to look like they're handing him a win. Yet it's not the houses of Republican Congressmen that he's busing immigrants to.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not convinced that's really the issue, or that Abbott wouldn't still be doing this even with a surplus of funds. The House won't pass any border bill during Biden's first term, simply because they don't want it to look like they're handing him a win. Yet it's not the houses of Republican Congressmen that he's busing immigrants to.
I'm not saying to do it to shut the crazy Texas governor up, but to improve the situation for migrants and citizens alike

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying to do it to shut the crazy Texas governor up, but to improve the situation for migrants and citizens alike
Change "migrants" and "citizens" to "corporations" and "the Koch brothers," then you might get enough Rs on board to do something about it. As-is we just have to hope BIden wins a second term so that obstructionism loses its purpose.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change "migrants" and "citizens" to "corporations" and "the Koch brothers," then you might get enough Rs on board to do something about it. As-is we just have to hope BIden wins a second term so that obstructionism loses its purpose.
Unfortunately he isn't polling well and isn't very popular, I am pretty concerned what may happen in November of this year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!