Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Also, I think it's only fair to try and explain how much I liked the movie. If Loki represents my skepticism going in, and The Hulk represents the film itself, here is my review for Marvel's The Avengers. (Warning: Light Spoilers Ahead. You Have Been Warned)
db7nB.gif
Best Hulk yet, no doubt.
Agreed. And also:
[title:One of the funniest moments in the movie; DO NOT CLICK if you haven't seen it yet!!!]

Hulk must hate all Asgardians.

Hulk-punches-Thor-XD-the-avengers-30656412-320-240.gif

Reactions: 4 people

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am going to pay my respects and watch this in IMAX 3D tomorrow. I already have a thing which rhymes with hopy but although the movie was good this is just something a black market can't satisfy me with I'm gonna watch it.

Gonna go out big since it's my first 3D movie. Goin with my bro and were getting big sodas and popcorn.

Can't wait to see Loki get pwned by Hulk for talking back. XD

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best Hulk yet, no doubt.

He was a bit jarring at first since the way Ruffalo plays it and the way Norton plays it are pretty different but he was one of the most interesting characters in the movie.
I was so surprised they didn't bring Norton back, considering they alluded to The Avengers in his version of Hulk.

I like Ruffalo better, though.

Avengers is the end-all be-all of superhero movies.
In fact...
had they not shown Galactus in the middle of the credits,
I'd say they wouldn't need to make any more movies.

But of course, they're probably going to keep producing movies until the money runs dry, which I doubt will happen any time soon.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I am going to pay my respects and watch this in IMAX 3D tomorrow. I already have a thing which rhymes with hopy but although the movie was good this is just something a black market can't satisfy me with I'm gonna watch it.

Gonna go out big since it's my first 3D movie. Goin with my bro and were getting big sodas and popcorn.

Can't wait to see Loki get pwned by Hulk for talking back. XD

Go for it!
I had seen the movie twice on Friday with the first time being in Imax 3D and the other being a normal theatre's RealD 3D. By far, the Imax 3D is the way to go. I wasn't too impressed with the 3D itself but the difference in sound and video quality compared to a regular theatre was amazing for me.

Avengers is the end-all be-all of superhero movies.
In fact...
had they not shown Galactus in the middle of the credits,
I'd say they wouldn't need to make any more movies.

But of course, they're probably going to keep producing movies until the money runs dry, which I doubt will happen any time soon.
Ummm...
That was not Galactus. It was Thanos.
#justsayin ^_^

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='TehSkull']

Edward Norton was going to be a part of the Avengers, but there was a contract dispute. I'm not sure exactly what happened, though I think it revolved around the size of his paycheck; needless to say, it didn't work out and he left. Ruffalo basically became a last minute replacement, but hey, they made it work.

Also...
That isn't Galactus. It's Thanos, The Mad Titan. Apparently he's one of (if not the) greatest and most threatening villains in the Marvel Universe. If they want to raise the stakes for the inevitable sequel, it seems like he's the way to go.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I liked the Avengers. I wouldn't say it was the best film of the year. Though it probably will be the highest grossing

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Avengers was great for a movie. But really, it is very predictable, I didn't get any "awwwww shit, didnt see that one coming" moments. Didn't have any actual depth as far as the storyline goes. Classic "team is very unteamlike - something happens to push them forward - team overcomes all odds"
Plus the trailer spoiled the cliffhanger at the end.
Don't get me wrong, Avengers was pretty good for a superhero movie, beats any Xmen movie by a landslide. But still can't compete with the Dark Knight. (in terms of complexity and shit)
I guess all the hype really paid off.

adamshinoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hulk is so damn funny :rofl: Almost every time he appears I lol'd. He beats the shit out of Loki, then punches Thor like a sandbag, but the funniest is when he makes a roar to make Stark wake up :rofl:

Can anyone tell me what does the brief scene after the main characters credits mean?

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Avengers was great for a movie. But really, it is very predictable, I didn't get any "awwwww shit, didnt see that one coming" moments. Didn't have any actual depth as far as the storyline goes. Classic "team is very unteamlike - something happens to push them forward - team overcomes all odds"
Don't get me wrong, Avengers was pretty good for a superhero movie, beats any Xmen movie by a landslide. But still can't compete with the Dark Knight. (in terms of complexity and shit)

The Avengers wasn't just *pretty good*, It was BEYOND fantastic, no words can describe it's awesomeness. It just needs to be seen to be felt.

... and if you still believe that a movie about how a lame piss poor batman utterly fails to save the city he was supposed to protect it's still better than a badass movie with badass superheroes that ACTUALLY DO their job, I really feel sorry for you

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country

The Avengers wasn't just *pretty good*, It was BEYOND fantastic, no words can describe it's awesomeness. It just needs to be seen to be felt.

... and if you still believe that a movie about how a lame piss poor batman utterly fails to save the city he was supposed to protect it's still better than a badass movie with badass superheroes that ACTUALLY DO their job, I really feel sorry for you
I agree, Avengers is super mega beyond fantastic.

But in terms of character progression, subplots, major plot twists, etc. You are like comparing Lion King to Hamlet.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Easily one of the best movies in the last decade, not even from purely a "action" viewpoint or a "superhero" viewpoint. It's just a great movie in general. Like it deserves a few nominations this year but it'll probably get snubbed, seeing as the only action/fantasy movie to make significant gains in the awards in like the past decade was Return of the King (admittedly a great movie but it feels like it'd get considered a bit more than a superhero movie).

There's Inception, though that's more sci-fi than anything. And The Dark Knight made a pretty huge gain, if you count the fact that Heath Ledger won dozens upon dozens of Best Supporting Actor awards. Then, there's Avatar which is sorta both fantasy and sci-fi, with some action, which achieved lots of awards. Though I predict that there's going to be a vote off between TDKR and Avengers for the elusive "Special Blockbuster Slot" that will be there. But I predict it'll probably win or get nominated for quite a few things. (effects, costume, makeup, art direction, stuff like that)

Anyways, the movie was fantastic. It's like the Star Wars of this decade. It has the same sort of traditional american hero story (the good guys defeat those that are evil through growth and teamwork), a heavy focus on special effects and action, a certain appeal to nerds and 10 year old boys, and a simplistic, straightforward plot. However, unlike Star Wars, it had much better character development, fantastic dialogue, more depth, and a lot more balance. It might even be (dare I say it?) better than Star Wars. (don't kill me)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
This gives me hope that they will finally get enough money to buy the rights from Sony™ to have Spider-man, Wolverine and others in Avengers 2.
The Avengers, X-men and Fantastic 4 join as they will fight-off Thanos from destroying earth. All of my fucking money.

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone ever gone back and recalculated older movies sales when compaired to todays OUTRAGEOUS ticket prices? It cost me almost $30 for two tickets last night, and i DIDNT see it in imax or 3d or anything. if it had been a reasonable $4-$8 per ticket, it wouldnt have made so much damned money.

le sigh. great movie though, really enjoyed it, but cmon, who else is tired of gettin raped at the box office?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This gives me hope that they will finally get enough money to buy the rights from Sony™ to have Spider-man, Wolverine and others in Avengers 2.
The Avengers, X-men and Fantastic 4 join as they will fight-off Thanos from destroying earth. All of my fucking money.
If the Fantastic 4 is still the same cast, then GOD NO.

Though if they manage to somehow get the new Spider-man, I'd gladly give all my fucking money.

Also, am I the only person who found Loki to be the best character of the whole movie? I mean, he produces the most laughs out of any character. I could probably remember the 5 funniest scenes and almost all would have Loki in them. Tom Hiddleston was brilliant. "I think I'll have that drink now." "I am a god!" "I'm not overly fond of what follows." "You fall for that every time." (I didn't think any of those were spoilers..?)

Also, apparently, Black Widow's getting a solo movie. I am excited. ScarJo probably gave the best performance out of the central 6.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine

Though if they manage to somehow get the new Spider-man, I'd gladly give all my fucking money.

Also, apparently, Black Widow's getting a solo movie. I am excited. ScarJo probably gave the best performance out of the central 6.
A Fantastic 4 reboot is in the works, so don't worry.

Not only are they giving Black Widow her own movie, but also a ton of more characters (i.e Nick Fury, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, War Machine, Captain America 2 etc.).

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country

A Fantastic 4 reboot is in the works, so don't worry.

Not only are they giving Black Widow her own movie, but also a ton of more characters (i.e Nick Fury, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, War Machine, Captain America 2 etc.).

And everyone complained when Disney bought Marvel. HA! Take that presumptuous douches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1