The day the earth stood still

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would not doubt if this is where they got their inspiration for the starman.

This film looks good, but it could just suck, never know til you see it.

Still going to see it

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought Starman was inspired from the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

Anyway, I´m going to watch this one for sure. I just hope I can convince my buddies to join me to see this one in a theater.

Last film I wanted to see in the theater was "The Dark Knight", and I ended up watching that on video. Just not the same.

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
callmebob said:
I thought Starman was inspired from the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

Anyway, I´m going to watch this one for sure. I just hope I can convince my buddies to join me to see this one in a theater.

Last film I wanted to see in the theater was "The Dark Knight", and I ended up watching that on video. Just not the same.
Same, the last one i saw was The Dark Kinght, and I was talking about the old 50s The Day the Earth Stood Still one.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Klaatu Berata Nikto.

I wanna watch.
happy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the trailer and it looked like they lost what the original film was about. Might watch it one day, at the moment I don't wanna watch another remake.

Keanu sucks as an actor, stick to Bill & Ted duuuuuuuuuuude.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I saw the trailer to it when I was watching the new Bond film, Bond sucked btw. It looks like it could be ok, I think Keanu might be able to pull off the emotionless alien thing I think they are going for lol

But soooo many films are just shit these days I wont be surprised if its no good!

mad.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Klaatu Berata Nikto.

I wanna watch.
happy.gif

(geeky one-liner)
Keanu Berata Nikt-whoa.

(geekiest one-liner EVER)
Keanu Reeves: Avatar of Whoa...
(thanks to my friend Kathy for that one.)

I want to see this movie. It looks good. I want to see the x-men origins: wolverine trailer that is premiering with this. (saw the comicon cam-rip of the wolverine trailer and its Bad fucking Ass.) Problem, i hate keanu reeves. I enjoy movies he's starred in, but i can't. stand. him. (first matrix, loved it, hated him. constantine, loved it, hated him. Bill & Ted's & Point Break were the only two movies i've ever enjoyed his performance, and yet, its not that his acting is good... he's just a wonderful "whoa..." guy.)

So there in lies my problem. Movie looks great. Actor looks Shiiiii-tay! But i REALLY wanna see the Origins trailer
tongue.gif
(and the rest of the movie looks decent.) Who knows, mebbe this was the part that Keanu was born to play. OH and i just thought about Bram Stoker's Dracula. Again, fun movie... AWFUL male lead.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Ah man Bram Stoker! His English accent makes my Canadian accent legendary.

Wait... so according to the Keanu Reeves: Acting For Dummies book, an English accent is accomplished by ending every sentence with a question-like uprising in the voice? Because there was NO other inflection there. I just thought he was having a stroke!

And Hadrian, i adore how your masterful grasp on a Canadian accent stems from Terrance & Phillip. I had no idea what Teh Wogg was going to sound like, and holy shit if i wasn't waiting for a fart noise
tongue.gif

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Saw it yesterday. Not a bad film. Keanu is incapable of portraying emotion or accurate facial expressions when he acts, so he pulls this role off perfectly. Connelly is great, although, the scientist she plays is a little too naive. There is a child in it, and you will wish him dead by the end of the film.

Plot is good but I tend to believe that if a space craft, made with technology clearly superior to our own, did land in Manhattan (why is it always Manhattan?), then the United States Government would have more sense than to try to blast the shit out of it.

Personally, when the spaceman says he wants to speak with the World Leaders, just pick up the fucking phone and dial the number.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian said:
Ah man Bram Stoker! His English accent makes my Canadian accent legendary.

OMG I forgot about that one lol, it was horrible man!!!

Like Dick Van Dyke minus the humour and dancing skills!
mad.gif

yaypsp.gif

edit: btw we REALLY need a dedicated film sub section on the forums man, me and TrolleyDave have been thinking about requesting one lately!

ryan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
I saw the trailer to it when I was watching the new Bond film, Bond sucked btw. It looks like it could be ok, I think Keanu might be able to pull off the emotionless alien thing I think they are going for lol

But soooo many films are just shit these days I wont be surprised if its no good!

mad.gif

Bond did not suck. It was an action movie - and that's what you got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk