The MIG Switch Thread

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any chance this flash cart can be used as an entry point to launch Atmosphere on unmodded / patched systems?

pharrowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the scripts i posted are harmless, but they do not work unfortunately, i spent alot of time 3 to 4 days, and i had a helper from this thread who offered to test, and we could not get them to work it turns out the data you need to edit to allow the initial data bin file to work with the xci is signed with a RSA-2048 PKCS #1 signature over the header (data from 0x100 to 0x200 of the cardheader)

without the signing keys, the migswitch will not allow modded xci files. which is why only original nontrimmed dumps work

Last edited by pharrowking,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick! But no good method of Switching games... I don't like the slide out and plugin method of these carts
I don't understand the point of cloning something like this and not adding another method.

Especially if they are cloning, I'm sure someone can probably do something with a tiny esp32 and that .nindex file the cart uses. If a button is too hard the esp could easily display a list of games and change the currently selected/locked one by just reading that file

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't understand the point of cloning something like this and not adding another method.

Especially if they are cloning, I'm sure someone can probably do something with a tiny esp32 and that .nindex file the cart uses. If a button is too hard the esp could easily display a list of games and change the currently selected/locked one by just reading that file
I totally agree!
A button that does it the dirty way with "resetting" it to make it very cheap. Or a proper button that tell the esp32 to "next" in the list.

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not looking like it since game cartridges are in a sandboxed mode from much of the system.

the scripts i posted are harmless, but they do not work unfortunately, i spent alot of time 3 to 4 days, and i had a helper from this thread who offered to test, and we could not get them to work it turns out the data you need to edit to allow the initial data bin file to work with the xci is signed with a RSA-2048 PKCS #1 signature over the header (data from 0x100 to 0x200 of the cardheader)

without the signing keys, the migswitch will not allow modded xci files. which is why only original nontrimmed dumps work

So basically this thing is totally useless for piracy unless people start uploading their complete dumps to the internet?

Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically this thing is totally useless for piracy unless people start uploading their complete dumps to the internet?

Lol.
That’s been known since day 1…the official mig website even says that exact thing too

Online dumps would all need to be redone to match this format. I formed a group and we got like 50 games between us so far

It’s not that hard to find the files ha

Reactions: Blythe93

RAD047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That’s been known since day 1…the official mig website even says that exact thing too

Online dumps would all need to be redone to match this format. I formed a group and we got like 50 games between us so far

It’s not that hard to find the files ha

Don't think it's worth being banned and all the restrictions that come with it. There's literally no way Nintendo are just going to sit back and let people go online, and download updates and DLC etc as normal with these things.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it's worth being banned and all the restrictions that come with it. There's literally no way Nintendo are just going to sit back and let people go online, and download updates and DLC etc as normal with these things.
That’s why it’s a private group and no more than a few people will be using each cert

If there’s 50ish games all with unique files it’s easy enough to not double dip if you’re careful

Or even better use your own cheap $10 doner certs for each of the games and that won’t even be a concern at all.

Just cant cut corners. I ran my CFW switch online for over a year on SXOS and used the same dumped games as my retail system at the time and nothing ever happened to either system

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.