Gaming The mystery that is zapper2k's "Screen Y Position"

Meowayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Several games such as FF7, 8 and 9 (NTSC) have small bars on the top and bottom when played on the PSP in "Full Screen" mode. I stumbled upon this thread where the issue is adressed using zapper2k, a program that was made for converting PSX ISOs from NTSC to PAL and back.

zapper2k has two fields for "Screen Y Position", "___ and ___". Normally, this is set at 44 + 16 when converting from NTSC to PAL, and at 0 + 0 when converting from PAL to NTSC.

I have done some research, and apparently, not a single person on the internet knows what these values do exactly. There is no help file or website for zapper2k. The values given in the thread above (51 and 16) produce completely different results on my files; I have tried maybe 10 different sets of numbers for Final Fantasy IX (1 + 1, 100 + 0, 70 + 1...), all of which produce weird results and don't seem to follow any recognizable pattern. I did actually manage to remove the top or the bottom bar with some of these numbers, but never both, and the image would always be immensely cropped/compressed.

I know this isn't the most well-visited of PSP boards, but does anyone have any experience or insight into this problem, or is willing to do more testing? The right number seems to have something to do with the absolute position of the image, and the left with the cropping, but I can't figure it out.

Surely there must be a way to play PSX games in proper Fullscreen?

Reactions: swosho and zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==