• Start date
  • Views 147,311
  • Replies 370

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I updated through Nintendo. Was told I had to "downgrade" the IOS's.
[/quote]

Then yeah, you gotta run IOS Downgrader, just once, I promise it won't hurt
tongue.gif
[/quote]

Question...will that affect my Softchip, USB Loader or SD functions (4.0 stuff) from working?
[/quote]

Sorry didn't see an answer to this. Will I have to reinstall my cIOS's to get all my backup loaders, USB, Wiiware working or will they remain fully functional after downgrading the IOS's? Thanks again!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ecw said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Because I updated through Nintendo. Was told I had to "downgrade" the IOS's.
Then yeah, you gotta run IOS Downgrader, just once, I promise it won't hurt
tongue.gif
Question...will that affect my Softchip, USB Loader or SD functions (4.0 stuff) from working?

Sorry didn't see an answer to this. Will I have to reinstall my cIOS's to get all my backup loaders, USB, Wiiware working or will they remain fully functional after downgrading the IOS's? Thanks again!
running IOS downgrader will not stop those from working
(and normally you don't need to reinstall the cIOS)

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was at 3.3U and wanted to be at 3.2U. I had read that I should run the IOS Downgrader v1 and then run the CiOS Downgrader v1.2. So I just ran both in that order and selected 3.2U in the CiOS Downgrader. After it completed and restarted all of my channels are still there, HBC still runs fine, USB Loader still runs fine, and games still run from the HD. All of my settings are still the same and the system menu now shows me at 3.2U. So I would say the downgrade was a total success and no harm was done. Now to install preloader...

hanguker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any problems installing this on a Korean Wii (3.3K)?

I am currently D2sun, HBC, usb loader gx, usb-hdd.

EDIT: I tried out the Bootmii checker at Hackmii. It seems that my Boot1 hash is incompatible...

So I have installed preloader 0.29. It's working without a hitch.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I think I'll install preloader now that I have a NAND backup, just one question do I have to first remove starfall's hacks or should I leave em be and just install preloader and its hacks over them?

I'm on 3.2E

edit: And how do I make my own custom preloader themes or where do I download some?
you see, I want my Wii system emnu to match my blue keyboard i got for the Wii...yeah i want to install preloader and potentially brick the NAND I have on the Wii just so i can make the system menu blue and white ~_~

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
An uninstallation guide would be appreciated too! I like preloader on my system, but i can forsee a time where I might want to uninstall it.

I installed 0.29 onto my 3.2U using your guide, and it works great! (I totally skipped anything to do with hacks.ini cause I don't need it).

Can somewhere verify if my uninstall steps in theory is correct? (THIS IS NOT A GUIDE, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS)

So if I were to uninstall, fomo what I gather I need a system menu 3.2U wad which is a v249.wad (is this correct?) from a game/unbrick ISO.

Then i proceed to install this v249.wad with WAD MANAGER from HBC. After I reboot preloader will not load anymore but the system menu 3.2U will load. Then I proceed to reinstall HBC (or will it still be there?). Use HBC to run NANDCLEAN (with SD:/apps/nandclean/boot.dol) and i will get a system clean of preloader and related files.

Can anyone verify my steps if they are correct?

I also read about installing IOS16 and using wad installer 16 to install v249.wad. But how do you install IOS16 if u can't get was installer to work anyway? Also, is this step skippable since I'm already on 3.2U?
Lastly is there any size and MD5 info for the 3.2U system menu WAD?

qwerty12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I uninstalled successfully by reinstalling the right system menu wad (NUS Downloader with correct ID for system menu (can be found on WiiBrew wiki) with the correct version - preloader says it in the corner), reinstalling IOS60 (with Trucha) using WiiSCU and then running NandClean to remove the preloader leftovers on a 4.0E Wii.

I then proceeded to reinstall preloader.
wink.gif

Really, I guess, all that needs to be done, however, is the reinstall of the System Menu & then Nandclean.

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info, but I'd really like confirmation from a 3.2 person since i'm not on a 4.0!

Also, is there any danger in using "FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY" in 3.2U with Preloader 0.29 installed? There seems to be ppl who have bricked their wii while attempting to format wii system memory with preloader installed.

D

Deleted User

OP
powser said:
thanks for the info, but I'd really like confirmation from a 3.2 person since i'm not on a 4.0!

Also, is there any danger in using "FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY" in 3.2U with Preloader 0.29 installed? There seems to be ppl who have bricked their wii while attempting to format wii system memory with preloader installed.

For 3.2, just re-install your System Menu using WAD Manager. RE-INSTALL (Just install it, do not remove it), dig?

And no, DO NOT FORMAT YOUR WII whilst you have Preloader. It could kill yer Wii.

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oooookay, i have a little question too, i have bootmii installed as ios because i can't install this tool as boot2, so i havn't any brick protection, the only brick protection i need is bannerbrick-protection.

Can i fix a bannerbrick with preloader installed?

The other thing is, iam not on the official 4.0 from nintendo but on 4.0 of waninkoko, is this okay to install preloader on wanins 4.0?
I bought the wii with 3.3E and then updated to 4.0E wanins version!

The last question for today
wink.gif
, do i have to install hacks or can i skip this? Because i don't need the hacks i only want to have a litte brick protection agains bannerbricks :/

Sorry for my not sooooooooooo good englisch
wacko.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
_Alex_ said:
Oooookay, i have a little question too, i have bootmii installed as ios because i can't install this tool as boot2, so i havn't any brick protection, the only brick protection i need is bannerbrick-protection.

Can i fix a bannerbrick with preloader installed?

The other thing is, iam not on the official 4.0 from nintendo but on 4.0 of waninkoko, is this okay to install preloader on wanins 4.0?
I bought the wii with 3.3E and then updated to 4.0E wanins version!

The last question for today
wink.gif
, do i have to install hacks or can i skip this? Because i don't need the hacks i only want to have a litte brick protection agains bannerbricks :/

Sorry for my not sooooooooooo good englisch
wacko.gif

Yes, you can fix banner brick with Preloader. All you had to do is launch HBC on Preloader then run WAD Manager then uninstall the bad WAD.

Oh, yeh you can install Preloader on 4.0 with wanin's updater.

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay first i make me some stuff to eat, and then i will give it a try, hope not brick ma wii
grog.gif

I will post the result!

EDIT: Okay, it was very easy, install is okay, wii is fine
smile.gif
, no i will search a description for the hacks ini
smile.gif
thx dude

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, think I am almost ready. Just a few last questions please.

1)I have to downgrade my IOS's due to updating to 4.0 thru Nintendo. I already have IOS60 patched will I have to re-patch. (From what I read, no. A patcher is in the 0.29 installer. Correct?)

2)After Preloader 0.29 is installed will I get the "System Files are Corrupt" message and have to re-install Preloader? (I read of some people having to do that)

3)Do I have to have the hacks.ini on my SD root for Preloader to boot to System Menu or is that done on the Preloader menu when you first reboot?

D

Deleted User

OP
ecw said:
Ok, think I am almost ready. Just a few last questions please.

1)I have to downgrade my IOS's due to updating to 4.0 thru Nintendo. I already have IOS60 patched will I have to re-patch. (From what I read, no. A patcher is in the 0.29 installer. Correct?)

2)After Preloader 0.29 is installed will I get the "System Files are Corrupt" message and have to re-install Preloader? (I read of some people having to do that)

3)Do I have to have the hacks.ini on my SD root for Preloader to boot to System Menu or is that done on the Preloader menu when you first reboot?
1)What do you mean, repatch? As in Preloader patching or cIOS patching? Nevertheless, when you run the installer, it patches (And not replace) the IOS60, so no big, dig?

2)Not really. But if that happens, just re-install Preloader.

3)Done on the preloader menu when you first reboot. Hacks.ini is mainly used to store hacks.

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's not much arround about the settings in preloader? Can someone explain all the settings in preloader? Such as ignore standby setting etc.

I have take the hacks.ini from wiibrew for pal, @ the moment i only have 2 hacks enabled, the health thing with background change and the nopcopyflag remove, working flawlessy, but i don't know why i have 2 entries for:

Code:
[Region free channels_1]
version=418
offset=0x8152D194
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81530640
value=0x4E800020
[Region free channels_2]
version=418
offset=0x8152D67C,0x813B60F0
value=0x38000001,0x48000028

or

Code:
[region free Wii games_1]
version=418
offset=0x8137D704,0x8137D6E4
value=0x4800001C,0x38000001
[Region free Wii games_2]
version=418
offset=0x8137D420
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137D6E4
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137F4B4
value=0x38600001

Do i have to enable both of one for working? Or why 2 entries?

Greetz

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I install this along with BootMii. I did the wifi install with Wank 4.0 Updater. So I could still play backups through the disc channel. I turn on the options so I could play USA backups. Then main thing is so I can play Japanese Backups. I believe i found the Hacks to do that too. My problem is when I put a disc in. Sometimes it reads it and sometimes it don't. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

OP
_Alex_ said:
There's not much arround about the settings in preloader? Can someone explain all the settings in preloader? Such as ignore standby setting etc.

I have take the hacks.ini from wiibrew for pal, @ the moment i only have 2 hacks enabled, the health thing with background change and the nopcopyflag remove, working flawlessy, but i don't know why i have 2 entries for:

Code:
[Region free channels_1]
version=418
offset=0x8152D194
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81530640
value=0x4E800020
[Region free channels_2]
version=418
offset=0x8152D67C,0x813B60F0
value=0x38000001,0x48000028

or

Code:
[region free Wii games_1]
version=418
offset=0x8137D704,0x8137D6E4
value=0x4800001C,0x38000001
[Region free Wii games_2]
version=418
offset=0x8137D420
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137D6E4
value=0x38000001
offset=0x8137F4B4
value=0x38600001

Do i have to enable both of one for working? Or why 2 entries?

Greetz
If you take a look, the format of the offset and value of the two re-occurring hacks is different. So, take the one with multiple lines of offset and value and paste it in a notepad. Do the same with other hacks.

QUOTEI install this along with BootMii. I did the wifi install with Wank 4.0 Updater. So I could still play backups through the disc channel. I turn on the options so I could play USA backups. Then main thing is so I can play Japanese Backups. I believe i found the Hacks to do that too. My problem is when I put a disc in. Sometimes it reads it and sometimes it don't. Any ideas?

For one, Preloader shouldn't do that.

It's a problem in either:
1)Teh burn
2)Teh media
3)Teh Wii Drive

Hope this helps
smile.gif

azorpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azormx.elbruto.es
XP
Country
Mexico
I get this error preloader "failed to get root, fakesign fixed ios(36)"

Anyone knows a fix? I had a wii on 4.0U and after a long struggle I managed to get it to downgrade to 3.3U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1