• Views 147,340
  • Replies 370

trogoldito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think adding an accessory guide would be really helpful.
I didn't find the current steps for installing preloader to be difficult but I have seen plenty of posts on other boards with people complaining that it is too much of a hassle to install. So maybe using an app to reduce the steps would help those people out.

pokecancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running 4.0U with bootmii on boot2 and preloader 0.29 installed. I have an 8 gig SDHC card which works for everything else, but not preloader. I am running IOS 60, and I have downloaded the proper hacks.ini off the wiki and put it in my root. Preloader can't find the hacks.ini, and it gives me a "sd card not found" error when I click install file. I have also tried running IOS downgrader, and I uninstalled preloader and reinstalled it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since I installed preloader 0.29, the Wii fan remains active when I shut down (standby) the Wii. Could someone help?

D

Deleted User

OP
Sonic4Ever said:
Since I installed preloader 0.29, the Wii fan remains active when I shut down (standby) the Wii. Could someone help?
Isn't that a good thing since you have fans working on Standby, avoiding your Wii from overheating?
tongue.gif

Regardless, have you checked the settings? Check the "Ignore Standby" setting, see if that helps.

QUOTE(pokecancer @ Jun 3 2009, 03:47 PM) I am running 4.0U with bootmii on boot2 and preloader 0.29 installed. I have an 8 gig SDHC card which works for everything else, but not preloader. I am running IOS 60, and I have downloaded the proper hacks.ini off the wiki and put it in my root. Preloader can't find the hacks.ini, and it gives me a "sd card not found" error when I click install file. I have also tried running IOS downgrader, and I uninstalled preloader and reinstalled it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sadly, preloader does not work with SDHC.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot the guide works perfectly, now my question is if i install bootmii as an ios will it affect my backup channel?
I can't install it as boot2 cause I got my wii this year.
I want to make a nand back up just incase i get some type of brick.
Also if i brick my wii will it still load the preloader dol?
Instead of the wii boot1?

D

Deleted User

OP
xDlmaoxD said:
Thanks a lot the guide works perfectly, now my question is if i install bootmii as an ios will it affect my backup channel?
I can't install it as boot2 cause I got my wii this year.
I want to make a nand back up just incase i get some type of brick.
Also if i brick my wii will it still load the preloader dol?
Instead of the wii boot1?
Nope, it won't mess up anything. I have Preloader, cIOS, Gamma, Gecko, USB Loader, you name it. Installed Bootmii as IOS (No vulnerable boot1
frown.gif
), nothing gets messed up.

It depends on what kind of brick. Just be smart and don't delete your System Menu or its IOS.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i am trying to get hacks.ini going with preloader 0.29 on 4.0u (systemmenu v.286) every hacks.ini i try comes up with an error i have some errors that say that the hacks aren't for my system menu, some error says the hacks have too many exception on a line number. i used the one from the link in step 2a from copying and pasting also used a hacks creator program and even copied the hacks from the rar file which probably wouldn't work for the fact i am on 4.0. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh. i am also chipped.

srcdecay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
It depends on what kind of brick. Just be smart and don't delete your System Menu or its IOS.

How exactly would one go about deleting their System Menu or IOS60? No, really, I'm curious. Seems like you'd have to work awfully hard to screw up things that badly.
smile.gif

Used this guide earlier and have preloader 0.29 + bootmii as IOS working perfectly, just gotta go get a spare SD card to back up NAND and I'm golden. Great guide!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
srcdecay said:
afif95 said:

How exactly would one go about deleting their System Menu or IOS60? No, really, I'm curious. Seems like you'd have to work awfully hard to screw up things that badly.
smile.gif

Used this guide earlier and have preloader 0.29 + bootmii as IOS working perfectly, just gotta go get a spare SD card to back up NAND and I'm golden. Great guide!
The app Any title deleter hasn't stolen its name
wink.gif

srcdecay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting a couple new SD cards over the weekend for the Wii and for a NAND backup. i read somewhere that preloader 0.29 does not support SDHC cards - but what exactly will it effect as far as preloader goes if i use a 4gb SDHC card for my wii? will preloader not load at all anymore?

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
sorry if this is a daft question but i cant find the answer.

where does the hacks.ini go?

ive installed preloader. im on a mac so i downloaded the zip file from don killah to get the hacks.ini file. However none of this mentions where the hacks.ini file goes on the SD card.

BigBolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi people, i have a big doubt

when updating my system menu to 4.0 i have installed also a CIOS 60 , which make possible to transfer non-oficial wii channels to the sd card.
so after this i installed preloader, and noticed that the same IOS was installed.

the question is: did it unistall my previous CIOS ?

another question is: when i try to install hacks.ini or dols Preloader only gives me a error: "SD card not found" or "Couldn´t find hacks.ini". What should i do? my sd is working normal with any other aplication... =/

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive tried to save the code in the wiki as a hacks.ini and also downloaded a hacks.ini that someone posted.

all i can get is
hacks for your system version 418 were found No

ive tried reinstalling preloader but the same answer

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
madeirabhoy said:
ive tried to save the code in the wiki as a hacks.ini and also downloaded a hacks.ini that someone posted.

all i can get is
hacks for your system version 418 were found No

ive tried reinstalling preloader but the same answer
get hacks here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks be sure to get the ones for 4.0E (your sys menu, right?)
paste in a .txt and rename to hacks.ini
then place it in sd card root
preloader should find em then

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just some questions here:
i have a 4.0U Wii(updated the offline way, installing CIOS 60 and the menu .wads), with BootMii installed and already made a backup of the Wii's nand and installed rev 13b.
so IF something happens, i can just use bootmii? because every time there is a topic that someone installed the preloader and the installation failed and he/she had to install everything again...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dio141 said:
just some questions here:
i have a 4.0U Wii(updated the offline way, installing CIOS 60 and the menu .wads), with BootMii installed and already made a backup of the Wii's nand and installed rev 13b.
so IF something happens, i can just use bootmii? because every time there is a topic that someone installed the preloader and the installation failed and he/she had to install everything again...
I will explain:
If you updated to 4.0 with preloader installed and you install cIOSCorp, you will get the system files are corrupt message. What you need to do then is to run preloader (hold reset), boot into HBC and install preloader AGAIN. This will un-fakebrick you
smile.gif

Or if you mean that the preloader installation failed, then don't worry, the bootmii backup protects you.

So with a bootmii nand backup your wii is almost unbrickable
wink.gif
. No need to worry

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
now just something that you didn't said and me too but it is really important. the way i installed bootmii: i installed it as boot2, so it boot before the wii system...this it the thing that gives the unbrickable "ability" to the wii, right?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dio141 said:
now just something that you didn't said and me too but it is really important. the way i installed bootmii: i installed it as boot2, so it boot before the wii system...this it the thing that gives the unbrickable "ability" to the wii, right?
yes, you can do a nand backup with it and then your wii is basically unbrickable

Dio141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i was trying to install but the installer said "failed to get ROOT, the current ios(36) has the fake sign bug fixed".
isn't the ios 36 the same thing as the wanin's revs?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dio141 said:
i was trying to install but the installer said "failed to get ROOT, the current ios(36) has the fake sign bug fixed".
isn't the ios 36 the same thing as the wanin's revs?

Run IOS Downgrader or install ios36-64-v1042.

Wanins revs install as IOS249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Classic rock singer from 70's,80's, has his own band called Steve miller band, with hits like...