Homebrew RELEASE Tinleaf Installer - A No-Bullshit-No-Bullshit NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ Installer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one! That other “no bullshit” installer is in fact shit and full of bullshit and scene politics. Thanks for providing another tool for the people’s :grog:

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I have missed something but until ‘usb’ support is stable..... as in thumb drives, USB hdd, etc we are all just playing with ourselves here.

@blawar obviously has some royalties with the old 3ds gateway team ( stop calling them team executer, or if you do accept they are not the ‘SCENE’ team executer we knew from the past. They gateway conglomerate paid for the name......it’s a fact, get over your opinions and beliefs)

@blawar is the (I don’t give a fuck about intellectual property rights developer. With the awareness its plagiarism not theft and no one looses any sales/money, I hope you dig deep enough into factual research to see that truth yourself) main scene developer for the Nintendo switch on the pirates side.

The scenes driving force (Micheal) has opted to present his software with certain opinions on piracy. That does not mean that’s his black/white stance and he has no illegal roms himself. He does what he does and sets he’s action plan according to his agenda. Show his skills and show he has integrity. So good on him.

That’s not to say a rom pirate has no integrity or any of us believe that, but that is how we are seen and promoted by the corporate world and anyone playing this game has their minefield to go through if you want to be noticed in a positive light.

If I know c like the back of my hand, the best way to show the money guys where I am is to attack cyber security. How much do you think Linux kernel monitors and developers get. Every government body let alone the private sector has a system administrator versed better in c than you are in English. They are like the smoothest talker and wordsmith in computer language.

anyway...... how about we as a community stop this shit. Stop hating on each other and be REAL and TRANSPARENT.

You @blawar are talented as fuck. The community is full of fanboy, bias noallfuckall opinionated people who have no idea about anything other than their free game.

You with your wonderful software have kept things from the layman without money. Fair enough. Then you started taking our old features away to ‘INTICE sxox licence purchase’. That’s fair enough as well mate, but your doing under a false banner of support and compatibility and avoiding and real conversation about this.

What do you want mate? How much are they paying you? This community would ‘gofundme’ or something and beat your little dividend from sxox. You claim you don’t even run it.

hey man, a fair man puts his shit up for sale to the highest bidder and then generally uses internal judgement in ethics and morals to balance deal.

I love your work but come good mate. Show us who you are and give us the option to have what you sell them without the bullshit spin.

you never gave us the chance to match what you needed. You sold us out. That’s how many feel.

Reactions: VectorSux

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
A license notice is not the same as a copyright notice. https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html#howto

No, because I don't care about a developer failing to credit themselves in the way required by the license they are using, whereas a noted bad-faith actor taking that developers work and "releasing" it themselves with a new name and absolutely zero attribution to the original developer is far more egregious.
You do realize Hunterb ripped off Goldleaf to begin with? so telling blawar why that is wrong is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.. also he has thanked all the devs who have been involved in the source code Adubbz, Xortroll etc.. everyone that was important...so nothing wrong there.

@Chary can we get this app on the front page please, it deserves a mention.

Last edited by Reecey,

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do realize Hunterb ripped off Goldleaf to begin with? so telling blawar why that is wrong is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.. also he has thanked all the devs who have been involved in the source code Adubbz, Xortroll etc.. everyone that was important...so nothing wrong there.

@Chary can we get this app on the front page please, it deserves a mention.
You mean ogfoil? This has zero gleaf code.

Reactions: ELY_M and SkullHex2

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Adubbz and Xortroll are not "all the devs who have been involved in the source code"
Also, explain how awoo is a "ripoff" of Goldleaf.
I didn't mention just them but everyone that needed a mention. Yes it's very known that Hunterb ripped of Goldleaf by xortroll go and have a look at Goldleaf and you will see for yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean ogfoil? This has zero gleaf code.
Yes sorry I agree the original code came from Adubbz Tinfoil but xortroll took the app to that next level and made what the installer look like today. The code uses Plutonium which is what xortroll designed.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about how he uses Xortroll's Plutonium library for the UI?
Yes exactly, Plutonium UI was designed by xortroll which is what Goldleaf, Awoo Installer and this is mainly based on. Adubbz was behind most of the code with the ogtinfoil but xortroll took it too that next stage which is basically how the installers look today.

Last edited by Reecey,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except this is literally awoo with one line of code commented out, with no attribution. Huntereb did not take goldleaf, comment out one line of code, release it under a new name and provide zero attribution to Xortroll.

Why dont you and huntereb find a quiet space where you can sit and have a cuddle. STFU, Nobody gives 2 shits about your silly pointless opinion.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using an open library for your UI is not "ripping off"

What he is trying to say is, using the UI library written by goldleaf's author, for goldleaf, in a product that directly competes with goldleaf is a dick move. Its legal, but dick. That is why you are getting criticized for being a hypocrite of accusing me of the same thing.

Reactions: Reecey

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What he is trying to say is, using the UI library written by goldleaf's author, for goldleaf, in a product that directly competes with goldleaf is a dick move. Its legal, but dick. That is why you are getting criticized for being a hypocrite of accusing me of the same thing.
There is no way that using the ui lib is a dick move. There is literally no other ui lib for the switch and it’s not really reasonable to expect everyone to learn a whole gui lib like sdl / ogl just for a piracy installer app.

Niko_of_Death

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never accused you of using a (nonexistent) UI library written by huntereb with full acknowledgement for your own title installer, because that's not what you did, so I am not accusing you of the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious