Gaming Top screen focused games?

tarso21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, this may be a rather unusual request.
My touch-screen was damaged by my "good ol' friends", and while it still works, it has many graphical issues...
This is what it looks like (sorry for shitty camera):
110808202656.jpg

Anyway, that makes playing any game that uses the touch-screen a adventure by itself
rolleyes.gif

What I want are some good games that mainly use the top-screen... I'm tired of playing only JUS, Pokemon and Spider-Man
hate2.gif

So.
Suggestions please? Any genre will do; english, japanese...seriously, anything
ph34r.gif

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geometry Wars used the touch screen to aim but you look at the top screen while doing it.
Or maybe that's the homebrew version. Or both.
I think Kirby Super Star uses top screen.
I know that touch is only used for power ups in Kirby : Squeak Squad

tarso21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario Kart doesn't use the touch-screen!? I was pretty sure it did
wacko.gif

Oh well, guess i'll get it then!
I already tried both Megamans, Kirby and Soma Bringer, they are really good too, thanks for the suggestions guys!

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Balious said:
da_head said:
tarso21 said:
wacko.gif
it can, but no one ever does...all u need is A and the dpad lol
and L and R
rolleyes.gif

And touch screen for mario kart is the map isn't it?
i meant going thru the menus as a substitute for the stylus >.>
and yeah the map is touch screen but who the fuck uses that lol

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tarso21 said:
wacko.gif

Oh well, guess i'll get it then!
I already tried both Megamans, Kirby and Soma Bringer, they are really good too, thanks for the suggestions guys!

to pick character, cars, (etc) but you can use the control pad for that

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my touch screen were damaged, I believe I'd look up some GBA games, and perhaps some console emulators. (NESDS, Jenesis, etc)

edited at recommendation of da_head. You were right. I worded that poorly.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol should be fairly playable without much action on the bottom screen. You only need to change items and such on the bottom screen.

Densetsu no Stafy 4 has a map ala Metroid on the lower screen; it would probably be a bit harder to play without it, but it should still be possible.

Diddy Kong Racing is mainly top screen, there are some awful touch screen minigames and such, but the actual racing takes place up top.

Draglade should work too, special moves are displayed on the bottom screen, but the actual fighting is up top.

Guitar Hero: On Tour would be entirely playable; you watch the top screen to play anyway, the bottom screen just needs to be strummed.

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 should work, gameplay is on top screen, map and score are on the bottom.

Metroid Prime: Hunters should work out OK, if a little more difficult without the bottom screen.

N+ is played on the top screen with a map on the lower screen.

Namco Museum can be set to play on either screen, so the games themselves should be fine, the settings are all on the lower screen though; you could perhaps set your settings the way you like in an emulator and then ignore them afterwards.

Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City is mainly top screen, although the lack of the map might hurt you.

SEGA Superstars Tennis just uses the lower screen for scores.

Super Mario 64 DS just has the map on the touch screen.

Super Princess Peach should be playable, there are only four buttons on the touch screen, one in each corner; you could play without looking.

Worms: Open Warfare 2 (and the first one too, but it sucks) should be playable, the screen simply scrolls between both, so you could scroll everything you need to see onto the top screen and play that way.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 should work, gameplay is on top screen, map and score are on the bottom.
Wait a second, you use the touch screen to dribble and shoot and perform special moves! And you also use the touch screen for character and stage selection. So i dont think it is top screen focused, it's compulsory to use the touch screen for Mario Hoops.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack