ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch the original .3DS file with the translation, then optionally convert to a CIA using one of the free converter tools. If you use a CIA just install via FBI. If you keep the 3DS you'll have to use something that emulates a cartridge such as Gateway or one of its clones. I think Sky3DS and its clones will not work (I'm told modified ROMs won't work with it. I guess they have a signature check or something that normally is bypassed with a CFW.) You can also look on, uhm, you know... THAT site for a pre-made CIA.
I wonder if there is a chance to release a patch that can be applied to a decrypted 3ds file. I'm trying to play the game with Citra emulator and doesn't work because the patch is only for an encrypted 3ds file.

Thank you in advance.
Are you able to patch first and then decrypt? It seems like a lot of 3DS tools no longer need an actual 3DS system to encrypt/decrypt stuff anymore, so there is surely something that can do this now. Alternately, can Citra install stuff? What about just installing a CIA?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you specify the folder and filename YOU WANT, the one that will be used for the patched ROM. so, it has to be a .3DS filename, for example "labyrinth_english.3ds" ? chose an obvious filename to differentiate with the file you pick in the "input".

unpatch game > INPUT [program patching the game] OUTPUT > patched game

HayChew

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you specify the folder and filename YOU WANT, the one that will be used for the patched ROM. so, it has to be a .3DS filename, for example "labyrinth_english.3ds" ? chose an obvious filename to differentiate with the file you pick in the "input".

Hi thanks for your help, I'll give it a go on the pc. Thanks again!

HayChew

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for your reply the other day. I tried to patch the game like you said. But the error I am getting is "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT".

Is there any reason why that is? Also how do I check the game matches SHA-1 3EC609A8D0307CEB2DAF5982437E449C7188FCCE in the README file? I dont really understand it sorry.

Appreciate your help! :)

RareWare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a file compare between the un-patched and patched .3ds since I wanted to use LumaFS and play from my retail card of the game. Nagato: do you mind if I share? I see many of the people on this forum that share luma patches these days.

It also fixes the missing names in the game as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to verify a file's checksum, I'm using this small program : https://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/
dragdop the file you want to verify, and it will generate/calculate its md5 or Sha-1.

The error you get is because the xDelta program is verifying if the patch was correctly applied and expect a specific checksum (of the patched game).
after applying the patch to the .3ds file, the result is not what's expected, so it meant two things :

1. the source was not good (not the correct Sha1, verify you have the same checksum than the one in the readme txt file)
2. the program you use is not the good version. Unfortunately, there are different Xdelta patchers, you need to use the good one. different program can make different result :( be sure you use the program suggested in the readme or first post.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: testing123

helmet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same problem as Heychew. Used suggested xdelta in the first post and others.
Is there another link for that Botik? Doesn't exist anymore.

Thanks for your help :)

triumphofhearts

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Beyond_The_Labyrinth english patch 1.1 for luma 9.0.Required original japan version

Any chance of a re-upload for this? Just got my cart copy today so would like to use the Luma patch if possible. Can't find it hosted or referenced anywhere else online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack