Hacking TriiForce beta testing

C

CasperH

How much blocks does the channel takes?
I only have about 25 blocks left and heard that installing something with more blocks needed then available can brick your Wii

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
CasperH said:
How much blocks does the channel takes?
I only have about 25 blocks left and heard that installing something with more blocks needed then available can brick your Wii
The TriIForce channel takes up 23 blocks.

C

CasperH

Ok thanks.
I only have 3 blocks left, lulz
biggrin.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
I´m talking about launching wiiware/vc games using BNRbandit... not backup games
rolleyes.gif
!

EDIT: tested....... it seems it only works with backup iso games
unsure.gif

I apologize, I was referring to the original post above yours by pokeparadox.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
hellohey said:
how do i run neogamma R6 (USB nand capability) with Triiforce?
Stop asking in every thread and read the reply to the pm you sent me. It has instructions to run either, but you can't run one through the other.

They are two seperate apps.

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this project is not abandoned as this is a very pratical idea. I haven't seen an update for this here or on the google code page. Anybody know if anything new is going on with this as I hope this gets further developed.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cmurda187 said:
I hope this project is not abandoned as this is a very pratical idea. I haven't seen an update for this here or on the google code page. Anybody know if anything new is going on with this as I hope this gets further developed.

Compatibility etc is supposed to be reliant on the cIOS itself, so you'd more likely be waiting on waninkoko instead, as I can't see much else needed in triiforce.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am running into a little problem. I am using beta 5. I got my nand using SFSD (regular) and copied the directory structure to my USB drive (the SFSD for USB gave me a code dump). I can load Triiforce with no problems and can load the nand from USB. All the wiiware, that was initially loaded on the wiiware before the dump works without problem. I then used wad2nand on several other wiiware wads and transferred them to the USB as well. Only one showed up in Triiforce, and it did not work. Why would all the other files converted with wad2nand not display?

I know that my post count is low, but I do a lot of reading prior to making any posts, just to make sure that I have not missed something that has already been posted.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious as to if this problem has been looked into:

Loading...Error: could not get dir entry count! (result: -1)
Reading folder /title/00010001 failed
Error getting the title list
Press any button

This has directly to do with using my larger 16GB SDHC card with Triiforce. Same file structure on a 2GB SD does not display this error and works just fine. I compiled the latest SVN to see if anything had changed, but it still cannot read the larger card...

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gd48202 said:
I am running into a little problem. I am using beta 5. I got my nand using SFSD (regular) and copied the directory structure to my USB drive (the SFSD for USB gave me a code dump). I can load Triiforce with no problems and can load the nand from USB. All the wiiware, that was initially loaded on the wiiware before the dump works without problem. I then used wad2nand on several other wiiware wads and transferred them to the USB as well. Only one showed up in Triiforce, and it did not work. Why would all the other files converted with wad2nand not display?

I experienced similar problems when testing TriiForce. WiiWare installed using Wad2Nand displayed in TriiForce but would not run. Other titles installed with Wad2Nand (N64, SNES, etc...) worked fine.

I redid the dump and used WadManager 1.5 to install the WADs instead. All titles worked after that.

I can't be 100% sure that it was Wad2Nand that caused the problems, but WADManager 1.5 may be worth a try...

C

CasperH

Is there a known problem with Wifi games on emulated NAND?
I keep getting error 20109

morgacb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem using Triiforce with my NAND emulated via USB2.0. I installed approximately 40 WADs via the batch installer located in another thread. When I first tried opening a WAD (Donkey Kong 1) it loaded perfectly. I immediately hit the HOME button and the screen went and stayed black for approximately a minute.. I decided to wait a while to ensure that it indeed had hung up. Then I tried to reload via the emulated sector, and each and every wad failed to load.. I can't remember the precise message, but that was the gist of it.

Here's hoping for a quick and feasible solution!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same thing. 1 channel loaded fine. then i exited, it blackscreened, so i turned off the wii. When I try to launch any other channels, it errors. Im trying again with a fresh nand dump. i think it writes something to the nand and then doesn't delete what it writes.

EDIT>>>
Ok, well its working again with a new copy of the nand. but only from the SD. it fails checking the certs if i try from USB.

For the person that was asking about debugging... yes. i can run a channel from SD emulated nand and hook it and then start WiiRD and make codes and inject codes and stuff fine.

gd48202

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the easiest way to clean up the emulated nand (that is, delete any channels that really don't belong)?

The following method is what I have gathered so far:

1. delete the contents of /title/00010001/, as BlackVivi had reported success with doing this

2. delete everything in the title folder except 00010001. then delete everything in 00010001

3. I would think if we do the above, we should also probably delete everything in the ticket folder as well (similar to point 2)

If someone would please comment, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
GD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==