Hacking TriiForce beta testing

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a list of images compiled yet?
like a nice lil dl package so hunting isnt necesary?
I have a limited time on the pc

Work sucks *sigh*

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Sic-suicide said:

Work sucks *sigh*

In case you have neogeo injection pack:

Images for neogeo injections pack by Corsario
1004681.jpg

Sr Corsario

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome
ty but now i cant get it to load
it just reboots me back to bootmii
after i load this version

can some one show me the folder
breakdown for how it should be set up

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sic-suicide said:

Work sucks *sigh*
A nice repository of images would be awesome...

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sic-suicide said:
Awesome

I have the same problem. When I try to load it take me back to bootmii.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sic-suicide said:
Awesome

dipswitch said:
QUOTE(Sic-suicide @ Oct 8 2009, 04:59 PM) Awesome

I have the same problem. When I try to load it take me back to bootmii.

Which cIOS do you guys have installed?

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest Version 14 i think?
It works fine with the "standard version"

but with this one for some reason
it loads then reboots me into bootmii

dangerzau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a fix for the rebooting thing? I'm also getting the same thing

cIOS is the latest - Pal Wii if that makes a difference.

The standard version of triiforce will load and works fine (Although never got wad manager to work it correctly).

CIsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Re cover mod
Sic-suicide said:
I have the latest Version 14 i think?
It works fine with the "standard version"

but with this one for some reason
it loads then reboots me into bootmii
Ditto that.
PAL Wii, regular triiforce working 75% of the time. Mod didn't work at all, all I get with the mod version is a fraction of a second with the border graphic on screen before rebooting the wii

Triiforce beta 6 feedback:
Anyway, to try to bring this back to the main purpose of the thread, Triiforce beta 6 is working well for me. The majority of the time.

Sometimes (25%) when loading from SD-NAND it will immediately code dump. When the Wii is in this state the reset button causes "reloading" to be written to the screen but hangs at that stage.
I haven't as yet found any PAL games that do not work with it!! However, I tried only one NTSC game "Bonsai Barber" and this sent me to a blank screen wichever options I launched it with. I think the error mentioned there was a problem with the "hook", sorry i didn't take a note of the exact wording and I'm away from my Wii at the moment.

I Love Triiforce! Looking forward to a version with a nicer menu though :-)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CIsor said:
Triiforce beta 6 feedback:
Anyway, to try to bring this back to the main purpose of the thread, Triiforce beta 6 is working well for me. The majority of the time.

Sometimes (25%) when loading from SD-NAND it will immediately code dump. When the Wii is in this state the reset button causes "reloading" to be written to the screen but hangs at that stage.
I haven't as yet found any PAL games that do not work with it!! However, I tried only one NTSC game "Bonsai Barber" and this sent me to a blank screen wichever options I launched it with. I think the error mentioned there was a problem with the "hook", sorry i didn't take a note of the exact wording and I'm away from my Wii at the moment.

I Love Triiforce! Looking forward to a version with a nicer menu though :-)

When getting a code dump, reset should take you back to HBC, that's a general rule for homebrew started from the HBC. But i don't recommend to try this when the nand emulator was enabled, as it's not turned off, and well, just don't do it.

Hmm, the video mode patches are not working(maybe i should take a look on that one), but the video mode setting is working and important. If you force NTSC and try both language settings, the game should work. If it does not work from real nand, please PM me to get some test versions.

The hook error is a bug in the current verison, in beta 6 ignore it, in the next versions it's relevant when trying to use Ocarina.

CIsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
When getting a code dump, reset should take you back to HBC, that's a general rule for homebrew started from the HBC. But i don't recommend to try this when the nand emulator was enabled, as it's not turned off, and well, just don't do it.
Ok, I think it's natural behavior to expect of the user when seeing a crash screen.
I would suggest a later revision should not respond to the reset button at all in a code dump state if it is potentially dangerous. Or perhaps only respond if the "real" NAND is being used?

This isn't a complaint in any way, I totally understand that I'm using beta software and as such I expect nothing to work at all so it's nice that it works so well :-)

WiiPower said:
Hmm, the video mode patches are not working(maybe i should take a look on that one), but the video mode setting is working and important. If you force NTSC and try both language settings, the game should work. If it does not work from real nand, please PM me to get some test versions.
I can't swear I tried _all_ the options, so I will try them all tonight and report back with some more solid feedback on that.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Oct 9 2009, 11:59 AM)
The hook error is a bug in the current verison, in beta 6 ignore it, in the next versions it's relevant when trying to use Ocarina.
Consider it ignored :-)

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far Triiforce has worked great for me. Only glitch i've seen is trying to load a game from USB-NAND exiting and trying to load a 2nd causes the wii to freeze.
Triiforce_MRC also works fine as well. I have tested Contra Rebirt, Bonsi Barber, Driift, Bubble Bobble PLUS and some others I can't remember (all NTSC on a NTSC wii). I can only install BootMii as IOS, so I can't confirm the issues reported above.

I'm having issues with Ant Nation not loading, however, I check it on a WAD tool for the PC and it stated it was an invalid WAD, however, I can install it to the ACTUAL wii NAND without any issues...

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I'm having problems compiling triiforce with the new libogc (released yesterday).
In fact, I was having problems with my mod, let me explain:
A user told me that F-Zero X NTSC (N64 VC) don't work on my mod (error: No main .dol found), but it works perfectly on Triiforce. So I tried to download the original Triiforce and see what was causing that strange bug.
I compiled the original Triiforce and it worked perfectly. I tried to modify ONLY the console size and it stopped working.
So I thought it was a problem of my libogc. Fortunately, yesterday they released 1.8.0 so I downladed it.
Now when I compile Triiforce the console does strange things and it gives code dumps when trying to run a game.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm getting a code dump on fatMountSimple with the new libogc. After i figured that one out, i will look at TriiForce.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fixed my code dump, it was a stupid printf...

Anyways, i compiled the lastest TriiForce with the new libogc to find out that:
1. The screen does not flash green anymore(when staying at either PAL or NTSC)
2. EDIT: nvm

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Im having problems (hangs, blue screen or code dump) with rev0.64 however with old versions it works. (usb hard disk) any idea?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk