Hardware Trying to buy a Wii off Craigslist

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am trying to buy a used Wii off Craigslist. Many people over there do not know about modding and BootMii

Is there an hardware component or serial number I can ask for so that I can be sure that what I buy will be compatible with BootMii? That is pretty much why I want a used Wii off Craigslist, so it will be.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the answer is not really. The best you can do is ask the following:
  • What System Menu came on the Wii? (Anything prior to 3.3 should be good.)
  • If the drive was never changed/repaired, what chipset does it have? (D2C2, I think, and later probably can't do BootMii as boot2.)
AceOfAces said:
I'm pretty sure that all Wii's are compatible with BootMii as boot2. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope. Any Wii that came with System Menu 3.3 (or later) out of the box cannot have BootMii as boot2.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help.

I found someone on Craigslist who says he got the Wii two or three Christmases ago. Would 2 Christmases ago be long enough ago to get the boot2 functionality?

Also it doesn't matter what the System Menu is on now does it? I modded my friends Wii but its been a long time...

Blastoise

Trophies
XP
Country
leavemealone347 said:
Thanks for the help.

I found someone on Craigslist who says he got the Wii two or three Christmases ago. Would 2 Christmases ago be long enough ago to get the boot2 functionality?

Also it doesn't matter what the System Menu is on now does it? I modded my friends Wii but its been a long time...

Should be, thats when I got my Wii and mines boot2. Don't hold me to it though, it could be different for other regions but in Aus, its should be fine

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. i got my first wii october-november 2008. it could not have bootmii at boot2 it has been 2 christmasses since then.

torakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying for a couple of weeks on Craig's list, I switched over to E-Bay and found much better deals, both price wise and knowledge wise sellers. Was able to purchase 2 modded for less then the price of one from Craigs. Al E-Bay sellers have a e-mail address and they usually get back to you immediately on your questions. I would suggest you go this route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...