Trying to identify Softmod method used on my old Wii

thetasigma2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was just in the mood for some Wii / GameCube gaming so dug out my old Wii to set it up.
I had previously soft modded it personally.

Thing is I can't recall what method I used and the system info doesn't offer any clues. If I recall it was 4.3e.
Homebrew Channel was installed, but doesn't wanna boot, just shows a flashing wifi symbol. So no clues there.

I'm reluctant to provide it with my Wifi details, as I recall hearing they issued a super late Wii firmware update. Does that have the potentially to brick / un-softmod my Wii?
How would I check / update the mod method to make it more current?
Thanks for any help!

thetasigma2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm just noticed I seem to have inadvertently double posted this. Please delete the other thread.
Said I was logged out, so I logged in to post it correctly, now both threads exist.
Sorry!

Last edited by thetasigma2,

thetasigma2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm just realised I have one other issue. Turns out I must have borrowed the SD card for my Wii softmod and used it for something else at some point. How would I rebuild the folder structure, without knowing what softmod I had been using originally?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hmm just realised I have one other issue. Turns out I must have borrowed the SD card for my Wii softmod and used it for something else at some point. How would I rebuild the folder structure, without knowing what softmod I had been using originally?
Do what I said above, modmii will provide u with all the files u need

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck