Hacking Trying to make a 4.1 E a n virgin wii

TudorBlue

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been trying to virginate a 4.1E wii. However when I try and load cios downgrader 1.2 at the start of the process, nothing happens. Just takes me back to the wii menu. Anyone help mke with this? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uninstall Darkcorp \ cioscorp
Uninstall all custom channels
Run priiloader uninstaller to uninstall priiloader if installed.
Run any title deleter and delete IOS249/250/202/222/223/224
Run a wii system update to 4.3

Do not virginize the wii if your just gonna mod it again.

Lancerguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure whether to ask in this existing thread or start a new one, but my question is directly related. I am trying to do the same thing as the OP, because I have a wiikey, and somewhere through instaling cios's, then cioscorp, then darkcorp, messing with bootmii, priiloader, etc. it has ended up to where the disc channel no longer launches my backups, only through neogamma or a loader, but I have a wiikey! The disc channel should work, but NO backups work. So, I want to do the same thing as the OP. Will what you've recommended work for me as well? I've installed so many things I'm worried about messing up my wii trying to virginize it.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lancerguy said:
I wasn't sure whether to ask in this existing thread or start a new one, but my question is directly related. I am trying to do the same thing as the OP, because I have a wiikey, and somewhere through instaling cios's, then cioscorp, then darkcorp, messing with bootmii, priiloader, etc. it has ended up to where the disc channel no longer launches my backups, only through neogamma or a loader, but I have a wiikey! The disc channel should work, but NO backups work. So, I want to do the same thing as the OP. Will what you've recommended work for me as well? I've installed so many things I'm worried about messing up my wii trying to virginize it.
Try this.
In Priiloader make sure discs aren't using IOS249.
I doubt it'll help though.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just follow the stickied guide from start to finish and DONT VIRGINIZE. Both of you wil be fine

and since you both obviously want to virginize and then slut your wii back out with softmod, dont do what riley said or else youll not have hbc or cios till the new hackmii comes out

Lancerguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to "re-slut" mine. I have a wiikey and the disc channel no longer works. I want to DE-slut mine so the disc channel works again with the wiikey...

I don't understand why there isn't a guide for deleting the cIOS's, loading all the old IOS's back for an old firmware, like 3.1 or 3.2, then do an update to 4.2. I keep hearing that this is dangerous for new Wii's. Well, I have a launch wii, with bootmii installed to boot2, so it should be something I should be able to do with damaging my wii. Of course, if I knew that much about it I probably wouldn't be asking for help, so... I'm going to first try as TRushInfo suggested and following the stickied "softmod any wii" thread. If that doesn't fix my disc channel, I'll try Riley's suggestions. I'll post back this evening with the results.

Lancerguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is my update:

I first tried to follow the softmod guide, but even after reinstalling everything the disc channel still wasn't functional. So....

I made sure bootmii and priiloader were installed and functional. Then I uninstalled Darkcorp using the FULL installer, then used anytitle deleter to remove old WAD game pieces, custom channels (except HBC), and the cIOS listed above in someone's post. I used the NUS Auto Downloader's wizard to get all the 4.1 files and IOSes I needed and set me up a thumbdrive. I used HBC and the Multi Mod Manager to install 4.1 system menu and all required IOS files.

Now I have a 4.1u wii with the correct 4.1 IOS and NO cIOS installed (I think). However, backups still aren't loading through the disc channel. (My original issue was that my wiikey won't load discs through disc channel).

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lancerguy said:
I don't want to "re-slut" mine. I have a wiikey and the disc channel no longer works. I want to DE-slut mine so the disc channel works again with the wiikey...

I don't understand why there isn't a guide for deleting the cIOS's, loading all the old IOS's back for an old firmware, like 3.1 or 3.2, then do an update to 4.2. I keep hearing that this is dangerous for new Wii's. Well, I have a launch wii, with bootmii installed to boot2, so it should be something I should be able to do with damaging my wii. Of course, if I knew that much about it I probably wouldn't be asking for help, so... I'm going to first try as TRushInfo suggested and following the stickied "softmod any wii" thread. If that doesn't fix my disc channel, I'll try Riley's suggestions. I'll post back this evening with the results.
To delete cIOS's use Any Title Deleter

Uninstall DarkCorp (You can email the author to get the files)
Use NUS Auto Downloader (from xflak) to download the IOS's for your system menu version.
Use a WAD Manager to install the IOS's

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deleting cioses can brick your wii, especially if u use dark corp, I dont suppose you followed the stickied guide part about darkcorp? that would be why your discs arent working from disc channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care