Hacking TUTORIAL Backup GameCUbe on Wii without modchip

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiman99 said:
I heard that once you install " RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad" then you cant play normal gc discs anymore? Anybody confirm this? Also, can you play a NTSC backup on a PAL wii using this method?

Thanks
The only GC "game" i have that isn't sealed is the Gameboy player disc. I tried booting it up after installing RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad and it booted to the "the gameboy player is not connected please connect it" screen so it seems like original discs are still booting properly. If worst comes to worst you can always uninstall it.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok. i'll give it a try. back in a min.

€dit: extracting updates from mario kart to get mios. might take a while.

€dit: i'll just figured that my mario kart is a pal version. i don't want to install files of different regions so i decided to extract the file again from mario galaxy ntsc-u

€dit2: played around with it for about an hour and my wii locks up every time i start the mios wadinstaller. can't reset the wii and it just turns off by holding the powerbutton down for about 5 secs. no idea why that happens. maybe somebody has a hint.

€dit3:

Screemer said:
€dit: haha. my wii didn't lock up. i had to press the a button on a gc controller connected to gc-pad-port 1...
blush.gif

cmios is now installed and windwaker ntsc-u original still working like a charm. i don't have a sd gecko, so i can't try backups.

€dit3: GCBooter homebrew is starting up and telling me that it failed to load start.dol form front sd. "failed to load .dol file." and yes i renamed the sd-boot.dol (got the latest version from tehskeen) into start.dol
wink.gif
no idea why.

Wiiman99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i will try this later as people seem to be saying it works. I have a PAL wii, but can i boot ntsc backups with this?

Wiiman99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i am trying to run wufe off hbc beta 9 but everytime i try to load it it says "not a valid wii application".

Edit: going to convert boot.elf to .dol

MacGnG

Trophies
Website
www.MacGnG.com
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried this on 4.1 ?? im thinking about getting a "Wiikey SD Card Adapter for Wii" from DX. its like less than 4 bucks.

if this does still work does anyone have any download links for the required files???

THANKS!!!!

EDIT: softmodded wii, no chip, 4.1U, HBC, etc...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...You bumped this as a joke, right? If not, you don't need any of this stuff. It's ancient and unnecessary. Nowadays all you have to do is run WiiGator's MIOS patch and BAM, you can run GCN games from any disc backup launcher.

It's pretty awesome how far things have come.

lsearcey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an SD Gecko card and when I tried to run the MIOSPatchingWADInstaller in HBC I get the error "not a valid Wii Application" I have a 4.1U soft modded wii. Any ideas on what to try

doughboy1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lsearcey said:
I have an SD Gecko card and when I tried to run the MIOSPatchingWADInstaller in HBC I get the error "not a valid Wii Application" I have a 4.1U soft modded wii. Any ideas on what to try

I am having the same error. Is there another patch for a mios out there that's compatible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway