ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
jd506 said:
I need someone to confirm, I haven't installed Preloader myself for this very reason.
It's under 00000001/00000002/10000004*.app
(Preloader just changes the first 0 to a 1 for system menu files.)

I was reading this tutorial thinking the same thing. It never gets rid of the Sysmenu that pleloader moved.

I just checked. I have preloader installed and i have the following file present on my wii (as shown in FTPii)
//isfs/title/00000001/00000002/content/10000043.app

filesize = 3,671,296

So am I correct in assuming that if I ever reinstall the sysmenu to get rid of preloader, I just come in here and delete this puppy and it wont hurt anything? Just give me back that valuable real estate in my Wii's memory?

I would like this answered myself.

Swizler said:
QUOTE(Livin in a box @ Jul 16 2009, 03:50 PM)
OK, I'm on 4.0 and I want to go back to a virgin Wii (there's all sorts of crap on mine), install the Homebrew Channel and get to 4.1E. I've tried running WAD manager, but it doesn't do anything on 4.0. I had the HBC isnalled before updating.

Anyways...will this guide do this?
Can someone please update this guide to the current homebrew scene
Would be nice if someone made sure it was up to date.

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laser seems like it's dying on me, totally uncool. If I were to do a NAND backup using Bootmii, then used your virgin method and sent the Wii into Nintendo for repairs, would I then be able to get all of my saves/channels back by reinstalling Bootmii and reapplying the NAND?

xheezy04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I previously had CIOSCORP, 4.0u, and preloader .29

I tried doing this but when I used anyregion changer to go back to 3.2u instead of not having a system menu and staying in preloader I got it the other way around and preloader was gone and I've got a 3.2u system menu. And CIOSCORP wasn't gone, i'm sure of it, because when i insert my brawl backup it still says system update in the disc channel... I know this shouldn't load in disc channel if CIOSCORP wasn't installed...

How do i trully get rid of cioscorp? And is it correct that I just delete all ios with number 200 and above?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xheezy04 said:
I previously had CIOSCORP, 4.0u, and preloader .29

I tried doing this but when I used anyregion changer to go back to 3.2u instead of not having a system menu and staying in preloader I got it the other way around and preloader was gone and I've got a 3.2u system menu. And CIOSCORP wasn't gone, i'm sure of it, because when i insert my brawl backup it still says system update in the disc channel... I know this shouldn't load in disc channel if CIOSCORP wasn't installed...

How do i trully get rid of cioscorp? And is it correct that I just delete all ios with number 200 and above?

The latest versions of CIOSCORP do not get overwritten with any sort of update. You need to get rid of CIOSCORP by manually installing official IOS's over all of your IOS's. This can be done with dop-IOSv7 provided you have a normal original install of one of Waninkoko's cIOS revisions to IOS249.

CIOSCORP replaces ALL of your official system IOS's. It does not install to unused slots like normal cIOS's. It turns all of your official IOS's into cIOS's, so in order to uninstall it you have to install normal ones back over them. NEVER UNINSTALL THOSE IOS'S. Deleting the ones over 200 is technically OK since those aren't official ones anyways, but if you're just doing this for some stupid reason like "starting over" you should just be installing over everything instead.

Also, ANY sort of system menu change will get rid of preloader. Preloader just replaces the system menu that you are on. As such, reinstalling that same system menu or changing it to a new one will remove it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44