Hacking Twilight Princess will not load on CFG

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an irrational fear of either having my ISP going after me and cutting off the service and/or the ESA tracing my IP address. That is if I use torrent files. How will I know it'll work? The last ISO I downloaded didn't boot up at all.

You know what, to heck with it, I'm just gonna download it and that's that!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you're so worried about downloading, just rent a copy and rip it. Or borrow it from a friend. 0% risk this way
smile.gif

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
If you're so worried about downloading, just rent a copy and rip it. Or borrow it from a friend. 0% risk this way
smile.gif

Is the risk as high as people say it is? Oh and BTW, I got it without using a torrent, so now I'm converting it to wfsb to an SD card. Loads up fine in Dolphin, somehow.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only blockbuster and any other rental place has been run through the ground by the gamefly/netflix power house. There are literally no more of them where I live. Also rental places arent stupid, theyll catch on, you could argue that doing that is MORE risky.

If you are super against downloading then I agree with borrowing from a friend.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serenade.63 said:
Only blockbuster and any other rental place has been run through the ground by the gamefly/netflix power house. There are literally no more of them where I live. Also rental places arent stupid, theyll catch on, you could argue that doing that is MORE risky.

If you are super against downloading then I agree with borrowing from a friend.

But just how dangerous is it to use torrents for ISOs? Like I said, I just obtained a copy off the internet and it works in Dolphin. Here's hoping it'll load in CFG. Now I only need to rip SSBB....I might resort to torrents seeing as I don't have to deal with an upload service like Sonic File, which only has a 400MB limit per download. If it is safer than I realize, then maybe. Comcast is very draconian when it comes to its customers using torrents/p2p (and they're the only decent hi speed ISP in the area).

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The risk is minimal, close to 0 percent as long as you dont go around on facebook writing about your antics on your wall or telling on yourself youll be fine.

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Even without using a proxy or VPN? Comcast are nazis when it comes to P2P.

Really getting off topic now but i'm sure everyone is pleased you now have a working copy of your game
smile.gif

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumper said:
QUOTE said:
Even without using a proxy or VPN? Comcast are nazis when it comes to P2P.

Really getting off topic now but i'm sure everyone is pleased you now have a working copy of your game
smile.gif

Sorry. It was extremely frustrated and needed to do some venting. Now that the game is working (on an emulator at least), I feel much better.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
the_randomizer said:
Sorry. It was extremely frustrated and needed to do some venting. Now that the game is working (on an emulator at least), I feel much better.
Use Wii Backup Manager to transfer it to your HDD and try it with Cfg.

I'm waaay ahead of you. Already converted SSBB to ISO and WBFS, works surprisingly well on Dolphin, despite the fact my PC is considered "meh" nowadays. But yes. One final question though, I typically use the Wii 2-3 hours a day and since my HDD is USB powered, wouldn't having the HDD on/off two-three times a day wear it out faster?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
the_randomizer said:

I'm waaay ahead of you. Already converted SSBB to ISO and WBFS, works surprisingly well on Dolphin, despite the fact my PC is considered "meh" nowadays. But yes. One final question though, I typically use the Wii 2-3 hours a day and since my HDD is USB powered, wouldn't having the HDD on/off two-three times a day wear it out faster?
No, it shouldn't be a problem.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
the_randomizer said:

No, it shouldn't be a problem.

Then I need to stop being so paranoid when it comes to trivial things. Thanks again for your help.
biggrin.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ the_randomizer

Tivial things>? This entire thread was trivial but we helped the best we could. I'm glad you finally took my advice and just downloaded the damned thing - I notice someone else suggested that too. At times I thought you were just messing with us. I'm still not certain you weren't.

***it's unfair to call ppl names***

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of this whole thread has any one asked what cios he is running the game under?. mine was doing the same thing. after almost a week of playing around, i started playing with the settings. i got mine to work on d2x/250/56.. an i set the video to the first "fix" can't remember what it is. i know the game is bigger then 500mb, but mine went on my hd, as 1.?? gb.. not playing so not looking at settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack