Homebrew TWL Slot-1 Launcher (First custom DSiWare app!)

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i patched it corectely now i got the loading screen too (R4 revolution for ds/nds (original)with the 1.62 wood)

Last edited by Arso,

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
With CycloDS Evolution:
R4 v1 - White screens.
R4 v2 - Stuck on black "Loading..." screen.
M3 - White screens then black screen.

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if someone ask i tried on sysnand and emunand (reinand) on an new 3dsxl, sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.3

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i patched it corectely now i got the loading screen too (R4 revolution for ds/nds (original)with the 1.62 wood)

Original NDS flashcards don't work since they're permanently blocked.

Get an R4i SDHC RTS 3DS (red box) from modchipcentral. I just got mine, works like a charm.

Edit: My bad ;) I should have posted my results since I've been testing my original R4.

Last edited by chaos_jockey,

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can boot into both WoodYS and WoodM3 using my M3DS Real with Apache's M3 Adapter cia. Sadly it freezes when I try to load a ROM.

BTW, did Nintendo do something related to DS carts with 10.6? Because until now, my M3 had never shown up when I would insert it in my 3DS, but since updating emuNAND to 10.6 it shows up fine, though it goes to a black screen. Booting into 9.2 sysNAND it also shows up there too for some reason, when it never did before.

Confirmed this behavior with my sister's 3DS that was still on 10.5 emuNAND. Didn't show up on 10.5. Soon as I updated to 10.6 it shows up fine. Really odd.

Last edited by Excelsis,

LaurelAshley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I patched my TWL and trying to run my AceKard2i through this launcher and I'm stilling get "an error has occurred" :/

I'm on 10.5 emuNAND (9.2 sysNAND) with rxTools cfw. 0:

I installed it via Dev Menu because I always have issues w/ FBI. I would think that would work fine :/

Last edited by LaurelAshley,

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can boot into both WoodYS and WoodM3 using my M3DS Real with Apache's M3 Adapter cia. Sadly it freezes when I try to load a ROM.

BTW, did Nintendo do something related to DS carts with 10.6? Because until now, my M3 had never shown up when I would insert it in my 3DS, but since updating emuNAND to 10.6 it shows up fine, though it goes to a black screen. Booting into 9.2 sysNAND it also shows up there too for some reason, when it never did before.

Confirmed this behavior with my sister's 3DS that was still on 10.5 emuNAND. Didn't show up on 10.5. Soon as I updated to 10.6 it shows up fine. Really odd.
Yep, it's (what seems to be) a kernel problem.
WoodYS and WoodM3 seem to think the current time is permanently stuck on the Unix epoch, on top of the issues you already mentioned.
M3 Kaura is the only firmware that spits out an error (upon trying to load the ROM folders, ErrorCode 0xf1000003), and nothing else has any logging or anything of the sort.
Considering how wildly different the issues are between firmwares, I'd like to think that it's probably salvageable, but who even knows at this point.
Maybe somebody like RetroGameFan might be able to look into it. Maybe not.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok 3 different versions to test for R4 Launcher:

R4Launcher_TestPack2.rar

Version's 3 and 4 have alternate arm7 code entry/ram entry settings. version 3 I believe uses the arm7 code entry from original R4 rom but keeps arm7 ram entry from Deep Labyrinth. Version 4 is the opposite where it keeps arm7 ram address from original rom instead. Version 5 I believe is just a copy of version 2 but with the secure area decrypted. All 3 will get to the "Loading..." prompt on the top screen with my Gateway blue card. But perhaps they will behave differently with a real R4. :P

If these don't work. I'm done trying for now. Unless someone wants to donate an R4 and 2GB MicroSD card, I won't make any more attempts on this. :P

EDIT: I've added a version 6 that also uses the original arm7/arm7 auto hook addresses from the original rom as well as the mask rom settings at offset 0x60 from the original rom. Version 6 however uses arm7/arm9 code/ram entry settings from Deep Labyrinth I believe.

EDIT2: Following the same idea as version6 of R4 Launcher, I've made similar changes with M3 Adapter Launcher:

M3Adapter_Launcher_v3.rar

Maybe it will get along with that one better perhaps?

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Arso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You all should really try different R4 firmwares.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-firmwares-for-the-r4.193749/

I tried the third version of the M3 launcher, same result as before.
I'm pretty convinced these are all issues with the firmware not being DSi-ready.
the problem it's that the r4 original don't use the same exploit than the other and when you put an R4I firmware nothink change because the R4(original) can't boot on this file

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no need for one... at all.
Just update the DSTwo and go.
I ask, because I want to change it's boot location from "sd:/_dstwo/dstwo.nds" to somewhere else, and experiment with making forwarder CIAs, like when launching the CIA, it'll boot into a .nds file which will then autoboot to a DS retail game in the flashcard.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is DSTT for nds/ndsl working with this?
I m using rxtools 3.0b2 on o3ds
I also have an r4i-sdhc.
They both are using a firmware from the multifirmare thread version 7.03

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum