two psp questions (1000 model)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i got two questions (just bought a psp 1000 can a 3rd party battery be converted to a pandora one or will it brick and 2 a SD to pro duo adapter can a real 1TB micro be used or what is the size limit?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aftermarket batteries cannot be converted to a pandora battery as they do not use the original Sony circuitry.

Some aftermarket pandora batteries used to exist, but they've all gone extinct as the consumer base for them dried up in that time period.

Examples:

Pandora-Battery-for-PSP.jpg

Depends on the micro SD to Pro Duo adapter. Some work with higher capacity micro SD cards, some don't.

I don't think a 1TB micro SD card will work. Ever. I believe some have reported 512GB (or 256GB?) working on certain adapters, but it's luck of the draw.

Just use a 128GB micro SD card. You don't need nor are ever going to play every PSP game in existence.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure you don't need a pandora battery anymore. Software is available to enable custom on a specific firmware.Plus if i remember correctly once the system was hacked. I could convert my normal battery to a pandora battery via the recovery menu or the (psp xmb vsh menu) plus you need to use a program to create a jigstick via pc.

It's been years since i last modded one of these so my memory isn't the best

Reactions: slaphappygamer

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pandora batteries are no longer needed for anything on a PSP 1000. All CFW hacks can be permanently installed to the a 1000 via regular softmodding. Just follow the proper guides for your desired CFW and they will almost certainly have a section on how to make it permanent for your fat PSP.

As for adapters, if you want to use a dual one (I don't recommend them) then you have to ensure you use two identically sized cards or else it might malfunction. However considering what the prices are nowadays just buy a single 128gb SanDisk and it'll just work perfectly. Going up to 200 or above causes the XMB to slow down significantly, so I would highly recommend against it. I've also heard that crashes will happen more frequently if you try and use 512gb or more, the poor PSP just doesn't have the memory to handle giant file systems.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you don't need a pandora battery anymore. Software is available to enable custom on a specific firmware.Plus if i remember correctly once the system was hacked. I could convert my normal battery to a pandora battery via the recovery menu or the (psp xmb vsh menu) plus you need to use a program to create a jigstick via pc.

It's been years since i last modded one of these so my memory isn't the best
Yes, you can convert a regular Sony battery to a Pandora battery, but it needs to be from a 1000 or early 2000 model because Sony made a hardware revision disabling the method.

Pandora batteries are no longer needed for anything on a PSP 1000.

Both of you are forgetting the only reason why a "pandora battery" is needed these days - and that's to recover from a hard brick (missing or botched flash0).

BaryonSweeper does pretty much the exact same as a pandora battery (and even more, unbricking 2000, 3000, Go, and E1000 models), but that wasn't part of OP's question ("can a third party battery be converted to a pandora battery").

Reactions: slaphappygamer

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks as for the battery using psptool failed to convert the aftermarket on in the 1000 i just recieved i feel it lacks the wiring/eeprom also don't you need to solider for bayrion sweeper? (this is mainly for a jic a brick occurs on the off chance)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol. +1