matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that (U) and (E) versions of games are very identical and even sometimes almost exactly the same aside from the region they were released in. My question is if a .sav file from a (E) game would work on a (U) game just so as long as the name matches and vice versa. Does it?

And if the question happens to be a yes, I'm going to take a bigger leap and ask if (J) .sav files work on (U)/(E).

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the language of the game is selected based on your DS settings, or there is only one language, then they will usually be compatible.

However, if the language is selected in game, and the EU version has more languages, they will generally NOT be compatible.

Also, if one version has more content than the other, it may not work.

This is only a general rule. I could be wrong.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I generally get (U) ROMs over (E) because they're smaller and are released earlier. It's only get (E) when I play a game that my friends might get since I live in Australia.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've managed to use saves from EU in US games by just simply renaming them. For example on megaman ZX advent i renamed my EU save files to the exact name of the US version with a .sav extension and the save loaded fine. The same worked on FF:CC from US version to EU. As for the JPN saves to EU/US i haven't tried it

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably be trying the JPN save on the US release of Rhythm Heaven when it comes out. Care to wait?
biggrin.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can't just make a sweeping generalisation for all games. Some will work, some won't.

If you're interested, Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (U) save works with (J) and (E). There would be a slight problem with (J) though; it's complicated to explain.

shairabaldama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried it in cooking mama game. i carelessly removed my cooking mama us version .nds file. i tried to re-save it but in europe version. it worked.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's better to use the same region as your friends which i think is the EU version, i'm not too sure though...if it doesn't work you could always just get the US version anyway

ZZGear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think it would be better to use the rom that which was released the latest not the earliest "usually" most bugs are fixed in the previous ver. but if you are going for multiplayer mode you should use which ver. your friends are using

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
not just certain (E) and (U) save files are interchangeable (certain games only), but all 3 regions (E),(J),(U) are interchangeable on certain games (only)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2