Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I try to run Waninkoko's Firmware Updater I get a code dump, and idea why?

I have SoftMii 2.1.1, then ran hacks remover, then installed the new cIOS rev9, then tried the firmware updater multiple times to no avail.

gemini-saga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I get Error -1 every time I try
frown.gif

I'm trying for 3 days already and I get this error in a Randon file when downloading

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
question how can we remove preloader .29 from 4.0 System menu.. using the 4.0 system menu wad?
Im not sure where to find a system menu WAD at the moment so the only thing I can think of is to downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader and then run the updater again

moviecouple said:
What disc channel are you talking about. The normal channel that generally shows Wii or GC games loading?
Do you mean the Health Warning Screen?
Yes the System Menu Disc Channel
Youll see the screen on the installer

D-Jay said:
I'm sure, there are also some credits for WiiBlaster...
quite possibly. did he develop CIOSCORP? there arent real credits on that

QUOTE(Megan @ Apr 1 2009, 05:05 PM) Every time I try to run Waninkoko's Firmware Updater I get a code dump, and idea why?
Sorry cant help you. only thing i can suggest is running cIOS Downgrader to 3.2 and recopy it to your SD card

'm trying for 3 days already and I get this error in a Randon file when downloading
try clearing your internet settings and re setting them. could be a bad connection

sorry i cant really provide support for the firmware updater

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I update with rev9 and use the Firmware-Updater_4.0 and the IOS60 updater without preloader or cioscorp, I won't be able to use my Disc Channel? Even with real (purchased) discs?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
So if I update with rev9 and use the Firmware-Updater_4.0 and the IOS60 updater without preloader or cioscorp, I won't be able to use my Disc Channel? Even with real (purchased) discs?
No. this only concerns backup discs, originals will always work

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for backups, I go through HBC. Don't even bother with a Backup Loader channel or GC Backup Loaded channel. So than I am fine... Right?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i did all of this now preloader interrupts every time i turn on the wii go back to the wii menu or even try and turn off the wii it always loads a screen saying repairing do not turn off the wii, but it goes away when i press A on the wii mote. How do i stop this?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
ok i did all of this now preloader interrupts every time i turn on the wii go back to the wii menu or even try and turn off the wii it always loads a screen saying repairing do not turn off the wii, but it goes away when i press A on the wii mote. How do i stop this?

Its an April Fools joke built into PreLoader v0.29, it'll go away for good after Midnight

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked like a charm the only part i was missing reinstalling preloader i dont know y people having problems with the updater ive been upgrading downgrading for almost 2 days using that & ciosdowngrader & ios downgrader trying to figure out y i kept getting system files corrupted what i did figure out was that if you go to system settings you could change the ios thats being used to load the system menu i used ios 36 & no error as for cioscorp i use the first version (from the softmii pack ) i had errors with v2 so stuck to v1 & have no errors new games old games but all my games are NTSC & my Wii is ntsc oh you forgot to mention if they install the cmios for gc games they will also load in the disc channel thx for the guide somebody should sticky it

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
sjones900 said:

Its an April Fools joke built into PreLoader v0.29, it'll go away for good after Midnight
Oh... I wish I knew about this before hand.... so now everyone is destined to suffer with the "repairing your wii" message until midnight? Is there anyway to get rid of it prematurely because its seriously starting to piss me off...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sjones900 said:
feidhlim1986 said:
sjones900 said:

Oh... I wish I knew about this before hand.... so now everyone is destined to suffer with the "repairing your wii" message until midnight? Is there anyway to get rid of it prematurely because its seriously starting to piss me off...

you could move to europe. here it's april 2nd already
or just change your wii's clock for one day.

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I may have to downgrade to 3.2 and start over. I used Waninkoko's updated and patched, then I installed Preloader and enabled the disk update blocker, everything was working fine. I then did a reinstall of cIOS36 rev 9 and cIOScorp, and both completed without error. I re-installed Preloader and everything boots fine. I cannot get backups to play through the disk channel though. They come up as unrecognized every time. I've tried setting Preloader to 36,249, and 60, but they all have the same result. Any other ideas before I break out AnyRegionChanger and IOSDowngrader?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CopyCaet said:
The re-install preloader trick to get rid of the corrupt system message works indeed, thanks. Was getting tired of using cIOS downgrader/update again hehe
tongue.gif

STill can't run unofficial vc games though, but oh well, dont really use them anyway + can't have everything
smile.gif
wtf are you serious? Can ANYBDOY run unofficial vc and ww games off of the sd? That was the only reason why i was gonna update.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can but I just don't know with the way this guy has got things set up. I followed this guide:

http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News+-+System+Menu+v4

It includes a patcher for ios60 that allows unofficial WW & vc to load off the SD. The ios60 that is in this thread looks to allow launching of games from the disc channel. Don't know if it can be patched with the patcher that I used so that both can happen at the same time.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhySoSerious70 said:
No you can but I just don't know with the way this guy has got things set up. I followed this guide:

http://wehackwii.pbwiki.com/News+-+System+Menu+v4

It includes a patcher for ios60 that allows unofficial WW & vc to load off the SD. The ios60 that is in this thread looks to allow launching of games from the disc channel. Don't know if it can be patched with the patcher that I used so that both can happen at the same time.
cioscorp is what lets games run from the disc channel, i already have preloader 0.29 which is supposed to patch ios60 so i don't need the patcher do i?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i couldn't tell you. i don't have preloader. but if i install cioscorp without that ios60bf.wad should i then be able to run games from the disc channel? All this might be dumb for me to do anyway. I have USBLoader 1.1 and it seems to be running all the games I already own so do I even need the disc channel option? Hmmmmm.....

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
So forget what i just said, it will only load up PAL games in the disk channel, how do i get region free in the disk channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yikes