XP
Country
United States
comet77 said:
Can I change the

SD:/apps/usbloader

to

USB:/apps/usbloader

The new HBC 1.02 loads from the usb too now.

Not right now, currently the loader only knows how to address what's on the SD card. I'll look into what's changed in what libraries to support loading things from the USB port.

Also going to look into using cIOS 222 so that you can use USB peripherals with this loader, most likely a switchable option via the config.txt file or in the menu.

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB HD support would be awesome. Ultimate is the one I still use to this day. Just love having it in simple mode. I prefer it over GX even! Keep up the work!

PS. I think you and the Configurable USB loader should just join forces, there seems to be duplication in your work. Both loaders are similar.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
Also going to look into using cIOS 222 so that you can use USB peripherals with this loader, most likely a switchable option via the config.txt file or in the menu.

so a USB hub could be used on this loader then? I hope that it can be used and that you do configure it then

PeterLustig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

it is possible in the Loader GeckoOS Hooks to integrate?
Like this Loader http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152074

is it possible to support for cIOS222 to integrate? With this cIOS works USB Mics. change cIOS bevor a Game start?

this loader is my favorite, so it lacks these two things in order to make it perfectly.

greets & sorry for my bad englisch
rolleyes.gif

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
PeterLustig said:
is it possible to support for cIOS222 to integrate? With this cIOS works USB Mics. change cIOS bevor a Game start?
If you look up a bit you'll notice that master HaTaX is already working on that.
And yes, this is the best loader around, and it'll just keep getting better for each update.

I really should get around to downloading the latest, still using the old 7.4, but haven't had time yet.

HaTaX, one thing I was thinking about, which shouldn't be (too) impossible.. If someone wrote an application that could install and remove games to the HDD over FTP (wii running FTPii, or whatever it's called).. Possibly also manage savegames on both SD and NAND, and even backup and restore channels from both..
If such a tool was made, wouldn't it be sweet to have the best loader also have a built-in (deactivated by default, 2 clicks in loader to activate, 3 to keep it activated every time loader is started) FTP daemon?
Maybe even have the list of games update once a game had been added/removed trough FTP..

I remember those good old Xbox days where everything was made easy by those simply, yet powerful, tools which are still being used by people on a daily basis
smile.gif

edit: Could you fix the titles.txt?
Change "RDXP = Dee Sports" to "RDXP = Sports Island"
Some might find that extremely confusing

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
I get a code dump error trying to load the covers, can I install them manually? if so, how do I go about doing it? thanks
Download all the covers from here and place them on the SD card under usb-loader Covers (or Images, can't remember exactly which name the folder has)
I also suggest you disable all network in config.txt, since that appears to be the cause of all these problems..

shareisfun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiisoftmod.dk
XP
Country
Does anybody know if it will come to work with auto download of covers

penetr8or said:
bnm81002 said:
I get a code dump error trying to load the covers, can I install them manually? if so, how do I go about doing it? thanks
Download all the covers from here and place them on the SD card under usb-loader Covers (or Images, can't remember exactly which name the folder has)
I also suggest you disable all network in config.txt, since that appears to be the cause of all these problems..

HaTaX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto download of covers works just fine, but you need to verify that the wireless network side of things is configured for use, and working. The reason you see code dumps when trying to auto download is because you're using a USB lan adapter, or the wireless network isn't connecting properly.

Remember you can disable and enable the network for each session by going into the update screen and pressing "2".

I'd like it to not crash when there is network trouble so I'll be tweaking that as well for the next release.

Loading a different cIOS is also still on the list as well.
wink.gif

Thanks to the other users (penetr8or) that are helping others out, people like this make these threads work!

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I use wireless, which works perfectly in games and for the Internet Channel..
I still get code dumps in HB which attempts to download anything
frown.gif

And yeah, I just enjoy helping others and make life a wee* bit easier for them
smile.gif

Did you get my message last week HaTaX? Just remembered I never received a reply

* Yeah, I was tempted to type wii, but thought I'd leave it as it is
wink.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaTaX said:
Auto download of covers works just fine, but you need to verify that the wireless network side of things is configured for use, and working. The reason you see code dumps when trying to auto download is because you're using a USB lan adapter, or the wireless network isn't connecting properly.

Remember you can disable and enable the network for each session by going into the update screen and pressing "2".

I'd like it to not crash when there is network trouble so I'll be tweaking that as well for the next release.

wink.gif

Thanks to the other users (penetr8or) that are helping others out, people like this make these threads work!

yes I am using a LAN adapter, so that can't be used for downloading? only wireless works? also what folder name is used to install the covers manually? as well as explaining how to manually install the covers, please? thanks

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
HaTaX said:

wink.gif

yes I am using a LAN adapter, so that can't be used for downloading? only wireless works? also what folder name is used to install the covers manually? as well as explaining how to manually install the covers, please? thanks

anyone?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
HaTaX said:

wink.gif

anyone?

still can't install the covers manually, can someone help me out please?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
werewolferx said:
make a COVERS folder in the root of your SD, change your CONFIG.TXT file to look at this folder, get all covers you need from here: Wii Covers and you're done.

Hope this helps you.

I downloaded the covers into my "COVERS" folder, changed the path in config.txt to SD:/COVERS/ but no covers are shown at all, what am I doing wrong?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
werewolferx said:
make a COVERS folder in the root of your SD, change your CONFIG.TXT file to look at this folder, get all covers you need from here: Wii Covers and you're done.

Hope this helps you.

I downloaded the covers into my "COVERS" folder, changed the path in config.txt to SD:/COVERS/ but no covers are shown at all, what am I doing wrong?

still the same problems

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real quick question about this loader - when I install it, does it matter whether or not the hard drive is hooked up? Thanks!

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
werewolferx said:

Hope this helps you.

still the same problems

I've been trying to get this to work but still no luck, can someone help me out please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack