Translation [Unfinished] Tomodachi Collection English Translation Patch

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to give major kudos to you for making the translation of this game! :D

I'll be LP'ing this game on my YouTube channel and of course I'll shout you out. Also i'll use that logo above if i can figure out how to do it!

Again thanks loads, can't afford the 3DS one atm so this will do :P

Edit: kay, so ive been testing this out in desmume and it seems to stutter quite a lot. it does this with other games but to a lesser extent - i guess its my computer not being high enough spec to run DS emulation at top speed and not the game?

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Woot woot, works great on DS Lite with R4. The only problem was writing my surname, so instead of Miljevic I wrote Mireitusu, in speech mode kinda sounds right, so I just left it x) Translation is great, keep it up! :D

jy3uvumu.jpg

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If my surname was English, then yes, it would, but in Serbia, we pronounce it differently, kinda hard to explain, but yeah, it sounds similar x)

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Dubious

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somehow I don't feel surprised to find a fan translation of this game.

I'm a little disappointed the game's Mii editing doesn't have all the options the 3DS one does (made me have to alter my Mii's head size and mouth to put her in as the default Mii).

As far as the translation goes, the katakana romanization is different from what I'm use to (I normally see and romanize チ as "chi", ツ as "tsu", シ as "shi" and フ as "fu", though for the first three the space is restricted so it's understandable to kind of short-hand them regardless), so I don't expect to use it much over the hiragana and roman character inputs. It's also a little amusing and interesting to see the different translations of the personalities (Outgoing Trendsetter vs Fun Shiny, for example).

Anywho, guess it's time to see how good this is compared to its 3DS counterpart. Thanks :>

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the translation goes, the katakana romanization is different from what I'm use to (I normally see and romanize チ as "chi", ツ as "tsu", シ as "shi" and フ as "fu", though for the first three the space is restricted so it's understandable to kind of short-hand them regardless), so I don't expect to use it much over the hiragana and roman character inputs. It's also a little amusing and interesting to see the different translations of the personalities (Outgoing Trendsetter vs Fun Shiny, for example).
Anywho, guess it's time to see how good this is compared to its 3DS counterpart. Thanks :>
There wasn't enough space for 3 characters in Chi Tsu Shi, etc. that's why they became Ti Tu Si.
Fu is because I was too lazy to explain why it goes as Ha Hi Fu He Ho, so I just used Hu. ^_^
Personalities also had text limit problem when I hacked it. So they had to be something very short.

View attachment 9414Yeah, I don't know what happened, but it wont work for me. Help?
I don't know what happened either if you don't tell me what you did. ^_^"
From your pics, you should have a working patch after the "Patching Done" step. I don't know what you did after that to get the last pic's error.

JudgementTimeSPD

Trophies
XP
Country
There wasn't enough space for 3 characters in Chi Tsu Shi, etc. that's why they became Ti Tu Si.
Fu is because I was too lazy to explain why it goes as Ha Hi Fu He Ho, so I just used Hu. ^_^
Personalities also had text limit problem when I hacked it. So they had to be something very short.

I don't know what happened either if you don't tell me what you did. ^_^"
From your pics, you should have a working patch after the "Patching Done" step. I don't know what you did after that to get the last pic's error.

Well I fixed that. All I had to do was run as administrator, I guess. Sorry to trouble you.

D

Deleted User

Hey jjjewel, you said that your first language isn't English, and that there were some mistakes in the translation, yes? I would just like to say that the translation is actually very good for someone who's first language isn't English, but anyways, I would like to ask permission to fix any grammatical errors. I won't distribute it publicly, but if you want, I'll let you distribute the patch when done.
So far I've only seen four or five (I think) grammatical errors in the text.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey jjjewel, you said that your first language isn't English, and that there were some mistakes in the translation, yes? I would just like to say that the translation is actually very good for someone who's first language isn't English, but anyways, I would like to ask permission to fix any grammatical errors. I won't distribute it publicly, but if you want, I'll let you distribute the patch when done.
So far I've only seen four or five (I think) grammatical errors in the text.
You can go ahead and release the fixed patch. I don't mind that. ^_^

ariss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thank you so much. It took a really long time finding v1.1 though. At first I thought it was fake but whaddya know thnx!:nds:
Ive been playing it on my android w/ an emulator and i cant stop, wont stop.

hint: the rom is on a japanese website
I know there are a lot of japanese website for roms but whatevs

ariss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know its crc32 but the MD5 Hash is 7ab6acd97168f6d70e953a9c8057337c.

The patching program itself will also check for MD5 Hash first. If it doesn't match, the program won't apply the patch.

mebbe search the internet for 7ab6acd97168f6d70e953a9c8057337c?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: hb. But wash your hands before coming back :) js