OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't updated my Wii since I installed the homebrew channel and I was thinking of updating. I haven't been following the Wii modding scene for about a year and I only used the HBC for hacking animal crossing and playing N64 and GBA games.

My question is can I update my Wii to 4.3 without loosing the homebrew channel? If not can I somehow manually update my Wii to 4.2 without loosing the channel? I don't have legend of zelda twilight princess (or any other games with save exploits).

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be much better to have priiloader or starpatch do the system hacks instead of a permanently hacked system menu that says "4.3 Wan" instead of 4.3U/E/K/J

You have waited this long to update it should not hurt to wait a little bit longer for the Hackmii Installer to update so it works correctly with SM 4.3.

If you wish to update to anything right now 4.2 is your best bet... take a look at the stickied guide for all Wii's 4.2 and under to get your Wii to 4.2. Then once a proper 4.3 guide is posted in the coming weeks you can use that.

LINK289

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why I feel the need to update, maybe I am just bored today... I will update to 4.2 today and I will watch for any new hacks for 4.3 (aka hackme installer or whatever)

Forgot to say thanks.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a mention: install bootmii first (if you don't have it already...and as boot2 if possible), and make a NAND backup. That way, you can always revert when things go nasty.

Oh, and the twilight hack is seriously outdated. Bannerbomb is the current best hacking exploit...but it only works 'til 4.1...or 4.2 (there are 2 versions of it).
AFAIK, 4.3 is a bit of trial and error at the moment. I'd wait until a new hackmii is released. But on the other hand: Waninkoko's updater also does the trick.

LINK289

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bring this thread back up again but I used the v4.2 safe installer and I forgot to do a nand backup before starting the update. Now the updater finished everything except for installing the system menu and it was like this for about 30 minutes:

"Attempting to Install system menu 4.2 v481"
"Downloading Title 00000001-00000002 v481....."
"IMD..

But now it just changed to

"Attempting to Install system menu 4.2 v481"
"Downloading Title 00000001-00000002 v481....."
"IMD..lnet_gethostbyname failed: -10004"

Can someone tell me whats going on? Should I reset my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4