Hacking US Version DSi

poweroffice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crossing Guardian said:
poweroffice said:
Hi, i just got a dsi and im not sure which firmware version i have. I am able to access the shop, but when i go to the system properties, it tells me that there is a new update. Does anybody have any idea what that update is for and whether or not the AK2i works with the latest firmware?

Read the first post.

Also I think I'm gonna copy paste my post about region locking here as it won't let me move the thread...:

"Ok people so I am seriously thinking of importing the ridiculously awesome Gyakuten Kenji DSi but I am aware that this means I will only be able to access the Japanese DSi store, which is of course completely useless to me.

So, I'm asking: Is there any kind of way to unlock the DSi region coding as the moment? If not does it seem likely there will be quite soon?

I realize the DSi is JUST out but if someone finds a way of accessing foreign DSi stores then could you please let me know?
"
yaynds.gif

I guess the post is a bit misinformed and I'll just have to wait for exploits (hopefully sooner rather than later) but still if anyone has thoughts....

well is 1.3u the latest firmware? because i do have the shop available, but under the system update settings, there is a new update available.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
poweroffice said:
Hi, i just got a dsi and im not sure which firmware version i have. I am able to access the shop, but when i go to the system properties, it tells me that there is a new update. Does anybody have any idea what that update is for and whether or not the AK2i works with the latest firmware?
When you go into System Settings from the main menu (the option all the way to the left), the firmware indicator is on the top screen, lower right corner. If you just got a US launch DSi, then you most likely have 1.2U. Right now, there is no harm in updating to the latest firmware (1.3U). As many others have stated, AK2i still works with 1.3U.

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if Nintendo is going to make a firmware update soon that will actually block the Acekard 2i (don't get me wrong, I dread that, since that would be the day I stop using the dsi shop LOL) or are they just bluffing, I mean it has been like 3 updates so far (or just 2? ).

btw they should start doing useful things with these updates, like adding extra sound effects, photo stuff, and extra settings, IF these are even possible...

erik419

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only ONE update so far, and i am hoping the next one does not block, i am saving my points for something useful.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
What I realy want to know, is i keep hearing about this "Updatable bootloader" on the AK2i, and supposedly how it would make it so that Nintendo can't block it if they tried. Is this true? I reallly wanna know, Because since i'm not sure I'm continuing to use my ds lite and holding off from getting a flashcard atm

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:
What I realy want to know, is i keep hearing about this "Updatable bootloader" on the AK2i, and supposedly how it would make it so that Nintendo can't block it if they tried. Is this true? I reallly wanna know, Because since i'm not sure I'm continuing to use my ds lite and holding off from getting a flashcard atm
I wouldn't believe it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1