Hacking USB Gecko can be used like a SD Gecko?

gumbyscout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if a USB gecko could pretend to be a SD Gecko, so that I could use a USB Gecko with SDLOAD. I have a SDgecko, but I was thinking of buying a USB gecko if I could use it like a SD Gecko, so that I could give my old SD Gecko to my friend and not have to buy him one.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, it can't imitate a SD Gecko, simply because they are connected to different hardware ports.

however if you're interested DX sells wiikey SD adapters (same function as any SD Gecko) on the cheap.

darkmaster_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you can use usb-boot_v2
has the same effect as the sd loader, with high games compatibility, but slower loading times
I have it, but haven't been able to try it yet, you will also need a way of booting into gamecube mode for hombrew

gumbyscout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkmaster_101 said:
I think you can use usb-boot_v2
has the same effect as the sd loader, with high games compatibility, but slower loading times
I have it, but haven't been able to try it yet, you will also need a way of booting into gamecube mode for hombrew
I tried searching for usb-boot online but couldn't find it; I have the gamecube homebrew launcher installed on my wii (hated having to dump super mario galaxy to get the mios though :/). How does usb-boot work in comparison to sd-loader, other than slower loading times?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2