Hacking USB LOADER 1.0 by waninkoko

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this with Twilight Princess and it works awesome and there's like no loading times at all but it's bad that Waninkoko had to make a whole new filesystem for the USB Loader and no option at all to dump games from isos on your pc to the hdd/stick. And somehow my 8GB stick only came out as around 3.4GB now that's strange.

ohyeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Custom IOS36 rev9 throug network and then started the USB Loader v1.0 but it says that couldn't start the USB subsystem e gives de error -1.

Any suggestion?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkCamui said:
Just tried this with Twilight Princess and it works awesome and there's like no loading times at all but it's bad that Waninkoko had to make a whole new filesystem for the USB Loader and no option at all to dump games from isos on your pc to the hdd/stick. And somehow my 8GB stick only came out as around 3.4GB now that's strange.

True, NTFS support would be awesome, since my external drive is also full of school stuff and such, I'm still satisfied with my original copies now.

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
ohyeah said:
I installed the Custom IOS36 rev9 throug network and then started the USB Loader v1.0 but it says that couldn't start the USB subsystem e gives de error -1.

Any suggestion?

Silly question, but is your usb device attached to the Wii?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CheatingSoi said:
If its asking me to "Format a Partition" Does that mean its gunna erase everything on the drive?

YES! it will erase EVERYTHING.

you can Partition your drive. i like partition magic, but there are tons of free apps out there..

EVERYONE REMEMBER< GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!! IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A PARTITION IS, OR HOW TO CREATE ONE WHY NOT GOOGLE IT!! YOUR JUST CLOGGING UP THIS THREAD/FORUM BY ASKING IF FORMATTING WILL DELETE YOUR INFO, OR HOW TO FORMAT, OR HOW TO PARTITION. GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE

AND FINALLY GOOGLE SOME MORE!

/end rant

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The whole special format thing steers me away from this. I'd rather wait for a loader with some standard of file system. Waninkoko at first only had a standard loader that needed special "decrypted" backups, but now those are obsolete. I'll wait this one out and see if a similar pattern occurs.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Im waiting for a way to put games directly onto the usb for windows i dont wnat to install linux

then dont install linux, just format your usb hdd via the loader and dump your games via the loader.

hell if your already pirating your games, waiting 10min to dump a game isnt that big of a sacrifice...

ohyeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mxk1000 said:
ohyeah said:

Any suggestion?

Yes i have.

@loash Yes, you can.

Darkzero51521

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else sharing this issue?

I have a 16gb flash drive. It originally read 16gb, but after format it said 2.88gb was free..whish is not a huge deal, just annoying.

However, when i go to rip a game, it always freezes before finishing. Always. All the disks ive tried are in great condition, too. Ontop of that, its the same games that other people are reporting to work!

=(

I'm running FW v3.3u..

Buffer123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

Can i install this on an 3.2E MiiWii 0.5b with cios rev8?

I would install the cios9 and than load the USB Loader. Would that be okay? Or do i need to upgarde to 4,0 or do i have to uninstall anything of MiiWii?

Thanks!

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WB3000 said:
The whole special format thing steers me away from this. I'd rather wait for a loader with some standard of file system. Waninkoko at first only had a standard loader that needed special "decrypted" backups, but now those are obsolete. I'll wait this one out and see if a similar pattern occurs.

why does the special disc format steer you away? it obviously works, the loader dumps your games to a nice and small size, why not like it?? just because you cant mount the device under windows?

and the decrypted backups was a whole other story, completely different than this situation. sure he could have used ext2, but perhaps it was easier to implement a new FS than coding implementation for an existing one. and we all know the obvious reasons why fat/fat32/ntfs wont work....

so to me i think you will be waiting a long time to see implementation of a standard FS (with the exception of perhaps ext2)

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it's taking a very long time to dump a game here, 45mins for House of the dead (original game).
wacko.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ohyeah said:
mxk1000 said:
ohyeah said:

Any suggestion?

Yes i have.

@loash Yes, you can.

Do you have any other usb devices attached? I got that error when I had my USB hub connected (I have a hub connected to charge all of my Wii remotes through).

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loash said:
are you able to reformat the hard drive back to NTFS?

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!

you can format any drive in any FS to any new FS ANYTIME with ANY OS.

so yes, you can re-format back to NTFS, just jack your drive back into your windows box and format away..

gahd.. i think i need to take a walk.. these stupid noob questions hurt my brain.. and my fingers from typing so much and hitting my backspace key a bazillion times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also *cough cough rigged elections cough cough*