USB Loader GX Game Forwarders ( WiiGSC / Crap )

Dubya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been able to find a true solution to my problem ...

I run all Wii games from USB Loader GX on a large SD card and I've created a few game forwarders using WiiGSC (Crap).

When I use these forwarders I'm greeted with the "Waiting for HDD / enable SD card mode" screen.

In USBLoaderGX settings, I have SD Card Mode set to "ON" ... as well, the regular channel forwarder for GX works fine and does not bring up the waiting screen

I've seen this same problem pop up every now and then but most are using a combination of SD card and USB drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rawbzombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't been able to find a true solution to my problem ...

I run all Wii games from USB Loader GX on a large SD card and I've created a few game forwarders using WiiGSC (Crap).

When I use these forwarders I'm greeted with the "Waiting for HDD / enable SD card mode" screen.

In USBLoaderGX settings, I have SD Card Mode set to "ON" ... as well, the regular channel forwarder for GX works fine and does not bring up the waiting screen

I've seen this same problem pop up every now and then but most are using a combination of SD card and USB drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? Dealing with the same thing.

Breb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem wasn't exactly the same, but troubleshooting searches led me here so maybe I can provide a clue.
I have USBLoaderGX v3.0-r1281, and load all my GC/Wii games from a large SD card. Even though I had "SD Card Mode" ON and "Mount USB at launch" OFF in settings, I got the "Waiting for HDD" message every time. I don't have any custom forwarders, just the "USBLoaderGX_forwarder[UNEO]_Wii.wad" hosted on wiidev's github.

Turns out USBLoaderGX expects SD Mode to be specified as an argument at launch. It's kind of confusing to see it in the settings menu, because SD Card Mode isn't actually a setting stored in GXGlobal.cfg; the value is only "ON" because you pressed "A" during the "Waiting for HDD" period.

I had to edit sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/meta.xml so it would actually pass args to USBLoaderGX on startup, inserting the following lines between </release_date> and <ahb_access />:
<arguments> <arg>--mountusb=0</arg> <arg>--sdmode=1</arg> </arguments>

I'm guessing that WiiGSC doesn't pass those arguments to the loader, since the SD Card Mode feature is newer than the latest WiiGSC release. Looks like MyWiiShortcut (by DouglasMartins1999 on github) is more recent, maybe that can do what you want?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    wth is that?
  • bernard_kekette @ bernard_kekette:
    A version of ModMii
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and what is ModMii
  • bernard_kekette @ bernard_kekette:
    a tool to install WADs on the Wii
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    nice
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    WELCOME TO WARIO WORLD THE UNDERGROUND GBATEMP
    +2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    LMAO
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Wario world underground
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why yellow potatoes come out so creamy when you roast them
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Did you soak them B4 hand?
    Cool. Though I'm Not the effeminate type. You know, the limp wrist, Sascha walking type of gay. :)
    Though I Do Cross-Dress Once in awhile :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The home just confuses your wardrobe
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil: