Hacking USB Loader keeps crashing..

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had finally found an HDD that would actually WORK with it so I installed Twilight Princess, after playing abit, saving, continuing, etc I came to a point where the game would freeze, during the cutscene when you meet Midna.
I kept retrying but it wasn't doing any good, so I tried reinstalling the game, which got me past that but then it kept freezing in the next room.

I was thinking maybe that I was making bad dumps so I cleaned the disc of what dist it had(barley any) and wnt to try installing again, but this time I couldn't even finish installing, the usb loader keeps going to a black screen with a code dump a few minutes into the install.

So I need a solution, the problem isn't clear to me, I'm HOPING the problem is usb loader, and it can just be fixed, I can reinstall and the game will play fine, however I could of done something wrong installing something, or my HDD could be bad or so many other possibilites, but I'll try anything.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

I think its your harddrive, some harddrive have a sleep/standby modus..... That means if the hdd drive has no activity it goes to that mode..... Sorry for my bad english

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that might be the problem, but then how was I even able to get this far? this is about an hour into the game by my pace and I even left the game on while going to the store... and NOW it happens? unless this part of the game doesn't need to stream data I don't see why it'd go into standby so fast.

I'll test this out, thanks

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some parts of games will constantly stream data from the "disk" while others may not. It's not easy to get consistant results because each game is different and designed different ways.

Especially twilight princess, which is the earliest developed Wii game and is more a tweaked GCN port than a true Wii game so unless you have USB gecko in and are monitoring the memory, it could be quite difficult to tell exactly when it's truely loading off disk or not.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Western Digital My Book Essentials 2.0 320gb model.
I can't find any info on it's standby mode other than it has one that activates after an amount of time >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...