Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

ModderFokker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone change the wiki...(individual game support)
biggrin.gif

I want to see you guys with all greens first ..

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
@Legacy

read this

But please, as the thread starters already stated many times, these question have nothing to do with the developing process.

Let's keep the thread "locked" to any other issue than the developing please...its stacks unecessary info.

Thanks,

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Could we make it so this loader automaticly updates its self if your wii has an internet connection?

because I put this loader on my sd card, and the sd card is stuck in my wii xD

this loader is perfect, and would be even more perfect if it could update its self without me having to check on gbatemp EVERY time a new update for the program is released.

Im sure i can get my sd card out of my wii, but the write protection switch came off, so now i use tape on it, which makes it get stuck inside the wii xD

so its a real pain to get out. if This loader could update its self = PERFECT loader.

for me anyway.

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
Could we make it so this loader automaticly updates its self if your wii has an internet connection?

this loader is perfect, and would be even more perfect if it could update its self without me having to check on gbatemp EVERY time a new update for the program is released.

Im sure i can get my sd card out of my wii, but the write protection switch came off, so now i use tape on it, which makes it get stuck inside the wii xD

so its a real pain to get out. if This loader could update its self = PERFECT loader.

for me anyway.

Autoupdate would require having a stable server to check for updates.
It would also risk breaking people's custom themes and settings, since the configuration is changing with each version at the moment.

Your best bet would be to install ftpii on the SD card, and when you want to change stuff on SD, load that up from HBC and run an ftp client on your computer. No more need to remove the card.

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:

for me anyway.

via homebrew browser?

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick bug report for 7.0 Beta 2 (latest posted version) - child settings do not work, you can press + and - to install and uninstall no matter if it is set to 0, 1, or 2.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Idea for improvement : in settings.cfg, maybe the loader can write, in a comment line above the game ID, the name of the game, extracted first from titles.txt and if no titles.txt is here, from internal name.
Because opening settings.cfg in Windows is no very... usefull as there are only ID...

Just an idea
smile.gif

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea I want to throw out to you guys here, because we have soo many amazing looking background png files:

Some PNG files could have a TXT containing: background, console_cords, console_color, and covers_cords?
(ie, bg.txt for bg.png)
bg.txt said:
background = bg.png
console_cords = x,y,width,height
console_color=foreground,background
covers_coords=x,y
Config.txt no longer has [background=] settings, maybe we can have [theme=] where the user can change it according to the TXT file they are using (ie, theme = bg1.txt) it'll certainly make things simpler no?

We just keep these txt on the SD card and we only have to change one thing in the config.txt file.
Maybe I'm being too lazy, but I think it's a great idea......
What do you guys think?

LuffarJoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm done with automatic resizing of covers for 16:9. It's compiled from source 6.7mod1 and is using FreeImage to resize.

As usual, grab it here

Try it out pls!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, why do you like it and its (what i think it is) your favorite anime?