Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, please stop feaure requests. The new versions are very buggy, they need intensive testing and a lot of bug fixing.
Because of implementing new features all the time, hungyip has no time for intensive testing BEFORE release.

The process now is add some features, release, bug fixing, bug fixing, bug fixing, add some features, ...
It should be: add a feature, test, test, test, test, release, add a feature, test, test, ...

hungyip, please do not release something if you don't have tested it.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally djtaz added widescreen covers (130x225px) to his site so they can be incorporated into the loader like the 4x3 covers
smile.gif

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Finally djtaz added widescreen covers (130x225px) to his site so they can be incorporated into the loader like the 4x3 covers
smile.gif

Your welcome
tongue.gif
haha just kidding it was all antiaverage and his wondrous scrip! and djtaz for implementing it, again you guys rock! I was just a middle man putting together great minds
smile.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
tripellex said:
Fat Cow said:
tripellex said:
And here's the channel background, slightly tweaked

menuscreen1.png

Lastly, here are the Icon and Logo's, this time different (thanks for the suggestion!)

iconimage.png

logochan.png

Now, can someone make me a custom forwarder WAD that points to sd:\apps\usbloader with this? I'd be GREATLY appreciative. Wadder keeps giving me WADs that cause code dumps
frown.gif
I've made a forwarder with these images, channel ID USBL.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxlgyzonmgg

One problem is that the background has some serious color bending(?) issues, I think it's caused by converting to tpl, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Double check that the images are in RGB rather than CMYK. I might have saved them as CMYK by mistake.

Save your files as bmp not png or jpgs before adding to your wad creator?

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
here the post from djtaz ;-) about widescreen covers

djtaz said:
Well guys ,

Thanks to Evvil for pointing it out and antiaverage for doing up a script , there are now widescreen images available on the site as well.

For autodownloaders the address is http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/widescreen.php?type={region}&id={gameid}

for anyone else the link is on the webpage and pops up a new page for widescreen.
Its based on 130x225 as i believe thats the correct size ?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
jarock said:
tripellex said:
Fat Cow said:
tripellex said:
And here's the channel background, slightly tweaked

menuscreen1.png

Lastly, here are the Icon and Logo's, this time different (thanks for the suggestion!)

iconimage.png

logochan.png

Now, can someone make me a custom forwarder WAD that points to sd:\apps\usbloader with this? I'd be GREATLY appreciative. Wadder keeps giving me WADs that cause code dumps
frown.gif
I've made a forwarder with these images, channel ID USBL.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxlgyzonmgg

One problem is that the background has some serious color bending(?) issues, I think it's caused by converting to tpl, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Double check that the images are in RGB rather than CMYK. I might have saved them as CMYK by mistake.

Save your files as bmp not png or jpgs before adding to your wad creator?

OK mate here is your channel with the image problem taken care of.
As I said when you adding images to channel you need to save them as .bmp files before adding them. you prob added png or jpeg files.
smile.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J4OXXPML

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
evvil said:
stev418 said:
evvil said:
hey guys do us a favor and try this on your widescreen display using a loader with wide screen http://bluetain.com/dropspace/resize3.php?size=130x225 (change name to gameid that you have) and measure the box to see if its perfect square.

Also for anyone making backgrounds for widescreen try starting with your image at 790x480 before you resize to 640x480. I know the math isn't right but antiaverage pointed out to me that tv pixels are rectangular and pc are square, and thats the ratio we used to get the box art to show perfect square on the TV

On my 40inch HDTV that square is measuring 15.1cm Hieght 15.3cm Width (measured from inside border to inside border), considering the TV size it looks PERFECTLY square to look at. Also the 130x225 on 16:9 looks much closer to the real dimensions on a wii baxart cover then the 120x125 images do, Ive always found 120x225 to look a little to narrow.

I say bring on the 130x225 cover size for 16:9
biggrin.gif

Thanks for confirming bud! neorame just said the same thing in my thread
smile.gif

that maybe the case for NTSC but certainly not for PAL...

it need to be 120 x 225 for pal... Other wise it looks stupid...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
And here's a new 16:9 only background:
fe4fbd.png

Code:
console_coords=116,40,404,150
console_color=8,15
covers_coords=260,210
entry_lines = 3

Sorry to ask...can you adapt this awsome theme into 4:3?

Thanks,

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 17 2009, 11:10 AM)
evvil said:
stev418 said:
evvil said:
hey guys do us a favor and try this on your widescreen display using a loader with wide screen http://bluetain.com/dropspace/resize3.php?size=130x225 (change name to gameid that you have) and measure the box to see if its perfect square.

Also for anyone making backgrounds for widescreen try starting with your image at 790x480 before you resize to 640x480. I know the math isn't right but antiaverage pointed out to me that tv pixels are rectangular and pc are square, and thats the ratio we used to get the box art to show perfect square on the TV

On my 40inch HDTV that square is measuring 15.1cm Hieght 15.3cm Width (measured from inside border to inside border), considering the TV size it looks PERFECTLY square to look at. Also the 130x225 on 16:9 looks much closer to the real dimensions on a wii baxart cover then the 120x125 images do, Ive always found 120x225 to look a little to narrow.

I say bring on the 130x225 cover size for 16:9
biggrin.gif

Thanks for confirming bud! neorame just said the same thing in my thread
smile.gif

that maybe the case for NTSC but certainly not for PAL...

it need to be 120 x 225 for pal... Other wise it looks stupid...

I am PAL and 130x225 is perfect size (PAL wii/TV using 480p). Ofcourse you need a wbg.png with cover box to fit the 130x225 images.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a samsung 32 inch using PAL tv ratio set @ 16:9, Ive even tried it on the 40 inch we have in the house...

130 x 225 is simply too wide..

120 x 225 is perfect for PAL... almost perfect regarding the dvd case ratio..

NTSC yes for 130 x 225. reason being the image stretches further on the screen than PAL and 120 width size would look as some have said.. too thin.

Hence the need for smaller backgrounds for NTSC over PAL...

When you think about it logically with the differences between PAL and NTSC it makes perfect sense..

However if I use 480 on pal then yes 130 x 225 will be fine.. as I am then using NTSC settings..

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
@NeoRame: The new background you released called wbg.png do this require a custom theme pack, like the one you released some days ago for the v7?

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RC89 said:
@NeoRame: The new background you released called wbg.png do this require a custom theme pack, like the one you released some days ago for the v7?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL the second person who cant read today.....

QUOTEok guys for all widescreen and v7 user i have updated my theme BG. thanks autoresize you dont need another cover pack ***;-)

but now, since the autorezise function is disenabled, you have to resize the covers to 120x225. or u use once the old version with autoresize for cover converting......

*** i mean the cover pack for my theme and not the standart on....

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
RC89 said:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL the second person who cant read today.....

QUOTEok guys for all widescreen and v7 user i have updated my theme BG. thanks autoresize you dont need another cover pack ***;-)

but now, since the autorezise function is disenabled, you have to resize the covers to 120x225. or u use once the old version with autoresize for cover converting......

*** i mean the cover pack for my theme and not the standart on....

Thanks alot, i've read all the pages but since there are so many posts to read every day, i might have missed that post sorry about that.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
a coding question :
why should we use a different directory for the wide covers ? seems preety wasteful to me.

why don't you convert them on the fly?
if the answer is that the function that shows the png image needs to read it from the SD card, we can always overwrite a set of tmp1-tmpX.png files for this... would be much better IMO.

I'm willing to help, just want to know if thats the only difference between 7.1 and 7.0.

Lou.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, here are my final versions of my Coverflow-Style for 16:9

With ugly "Choose-Button"
169rev7.png

Without ugly "Choose-Button"
169rev7nochoose.png

I have no Idea how to get the Coordinates, would be nice if someone can say me how to do it....thanks in Advance
smile.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 17 2009, 11:23 AM) i have a samsung 32 inch using PAL 480p tv ratio set @ 16:9, Ive even tried it on the 40 inch we have in the house...

130 x 225 is simply too wide..

120 x 225 is perfect for PAL... almost perfect regarding the dvd case ratio..

NTSC yes for 130 x 225. reason being the image stretches further on the screen than pal and 120 width size would look as some have said.. too thin.

Hence the need for smaller backgrounds for NTSC over PAL...

When you think about it logically with the differences between PAL and NTSC it makes perfect sense..

like I said, im PAL so im confused to what your saying about needing 120px for PAL. I just did a quick size comparison to a real wii game cover.

Physical Retail Wii game cover = 13cm x 18.2cm
USBLoader cover image on TV = 18.1cm x 25.1cm (when using 16:9 layout and 130x225px images)

so by those rough figures we are [width = 1.39:1] and [height = 1.37:1] which is pretty close, considering we cant use 129px or 131px image width 130px is perfect

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lou_weed said:
a coding question :
why should we use a different directory for the wide covers ? seems preety wasteful to me.

why don't you convert them on the fly?
if the answer is that the function that shows the png image needs to read it from the SD card, we can always overwrite a set of tmp1-tmpX.png files for this... would be much better IMO.

I'm willing to help, just want to know if thats the only difference between 7.1 and 7.0.

Lou.
answer ->
evvil said:
QUOTE(Screemer @ Apr 16 2009, 04:33 PM) the easiest thing would be if the loader could resize the covers on the fly. i mean as soon as they are displayed the get resized in memory but not save in the new size.

We tried that but need to use freeimage library to do it, and using that made a whole host of new problems arise. Not being able to install games being at the top of the list, but also the libpng error was related to this (the 30 game and reset bug) It would save alot of time to just have the widescreen versions hosted somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3