Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exilizer2k said:
djtaz said:
ModderFokker said:
I just tried and could also fill in the details....should that be possible ?

Otherwise let me know and ill fill in some as well

Im leaving it open for anyone to fill in for now - and ill make an upload page for now covers later on - thought it may help a few people out - the smaller images just click and download , the bigger ones havent been named yet - its for everyone so i thought some may chip in and add in the names
biggrin.gif
so i left it so anyone could complete them

Here you can find a list of Game-ID's: http://wiird.l0nk.org/gamelist/gamelist.txt
Maybe you find it useful

Write a script to use that list and fill in the blanks then batch rename them ?

(as in list some are entirely uppercase)

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AdamBrunt said:
I appreciate the need to keep this thread on topic ie about developing the dol but does that included posts about cover images ?

As technically a request for a missing cover image is nothing to the development of the code.

Technically, it was part of the original intention of this thread, so yes
smile.gif
It's just fine ....

Keep the requests coming.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Guys,
I was trying to find a list of Games ID -> Game name -> Game image and i failed no matter where i looked.

I have taken the lads images and written a quick PHP page (im in work so cant do too much) and ill start to fill in the blanks as we go and later ill add an upload page , but i think if this is kept up to date it may help others going forward.

Let me know what you think or should i just scrap the idea ? ... http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/
Since this appears to be database-driven, it would REALLY be nice to see some sort of "packaged" version of this, after all the names have been filled in. You know, something that has all the names, gameIDs and cover art, which is searchable! That would be really nice!!

=)

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
How quick would on online version of this be? I mean, dynamically loading the image from a website during menu access.... Forget SDHC... Forget updating your images on your card...

Any takers?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, given the number of .dols available with different number of games showing on the screen is it possible to do this:

Suppose your dol supports 6 games on the screen at once. Could up and down perform their usual function but pressing right displays game 7-12, right again displays 13-18, pressing left would then display 7-12, etc. ie is it possible to 'page' through the games ?

Also, how about being able to change the sort order ? Categories would also be great but I imagine that would involve some sort of centralised DB on the net somewhere.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
How quick would on online version of this be? I mean, dynamically loading the image from a website during menu access.... Forget SDHC... Forget updating your images on your card...

That would obviously depend on the speed of your wifi connection.

However, since the all the currently available cover images (NTSC AND PAL) easily fit on an 1GB SD card, what would be good is to combine website download anfd caching on the SD card ie when you move to the next game "does the cover image exist on the SD card already ? Yes - use it or No - download it and save it to the SD card.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AdamBrunt said:
fishears said:

That would obviously depend on the speed of your wifi connection.

However, since the all the currently available cover images (NTSC AND PAL) easily fit on an 1GB SD card, what would be good is to combine website download anfd caching on the SD card ie when you move to the next game "does the cover image exist on the SD card already ? Yes - use it or No - download it and save it to the SD card.

ALL images ill be available when I'm done ... so wont be any need (if I can help it) to download any of them .... Well, other than new games I suppose.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I change nixx loader mod and fix the sd bug and it loads in my forwarder channel. Game covers go in SD:/images and its backgorund goes there too but name bg.png. So anyone can make a channel and check if it loads. I can't check if ocarina works so if anyone can test it please tell me if it works or doesn't.

http://sharebee.com/4a8f4752- Returns to Wii System Menu

Edit: Ok I made a Channel but got a code dump but a forwarder channel should work. If you use a special dol.It loads fom SD:/apps/usbloader/
Don't remember who made it but if he tells me I will credit him here

http://sharebee.com/c94e2263

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
I posted this in the "Custom Backgrounds for USB Loaders" yesterday but it got buried pretty fast and since it is for this particular loader I figure it doesn't hurt to post it here in case anyone missed it?
smile.gif

zorglub07 said:
Here's my modest contribution, credits go to NeoRame (or WiiShizza?) original + the author of the modified one for nIxx's mod
smile.gif

usbloader02.png
usbloader01.png

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doslu said:
for kids version
rename to" bg.png "

41125768.png
Whoever are saving these images and resaving them or modifying them, the quality is getting worse and worse. The gradient is getting horrible.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
56killer said:
Ok I change nixx loader mod and fix the sd bug and it loads in my forwarder channel. Game covers go in SD:/images and its backgorund goes there too but name bg.png. So anyone can make a channel and check if it loads. I can't check if ocarina works so if anyone can test it please tell me if it works or doesn't.

http://sharebee.com/b30d05be Returns to HBC
http://sharebee.com/0f4fe399- Returns to Wii System Menu

Edit: Ok I made a Channel but got a code dump but a forwarder channel should work. If you use a special dol.It loads fom SD:/apps/usbloader/

This one doesn't find my codes or cover images strangely it does find my background image though

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Yes, we have a bit of a gradient situation here isn't it? where is the gradient police when you need them?
biggrin.gif

You're right, as much as I liked the design and layout of the one in post 1 of this topic, it was not perfectly smooth compared to the original.
That's why I made my version last night (this morning I saw doslu's version, we had exactly the same idea
wink.gif
)
I wanted a clean looking one, so I started from the original and added the bigger "game list" box from the modified version in post 1, the gradient is not perfect but it's hidden by the game list so that's ok for me. feel free to improve the gradient!
smile.gif

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiiztec said:
56killer said:

http://sharebee.com/b30d05be Returns to HBC
http://sharebee.com/0f4fe399- Returns to Wii System Menu

This one doesn't find my codes or cover images strangely it does find my background image though

Did you put the covers on the root of the SD on a folder name images?

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just like wiiztec, thats seemed to be my problem all along. it cant seem to find any of my images, the background will load, and its in the same folder as the images, but the images just won't load up. i tried on another loader, and i can confirm as well, anything loaded in apps\usbloader\*any dol* will load with forwarder channel. i just cant get the images to show up in the loader, so it really sucks, not sure at all why it is. if it can read the background, i would expect the images to show up as well.

kosaic

not sure if you had this one or not

order up ROXE7J

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a working channel or forwarder for the version with ocarina? I always get a code dump with the forwarders, and the channel just brings me to the HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...