Hacking Using EZV 3-in-1 with DS Linker

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there must be a thread on this somewhere, but while I'm still hunting I'll post here.

Does EZV 3 in 1 work with N-card clones and how?

I made a folder in my DS Linker called shell and put the .bin file in there to upgrade the firmware. I put the 3in1 in slot 2. Pressed L, R, B and A....

.... and all I get is a white screen. Two white screens actually.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

edit: I think I've got it figured out. Since the link for the shell folder on the official site was broken, I thought I could just create my own. Found another download now. Hopefully it should work now.

edit2: Nope.... Still getting the white screen. It's like there's nothing in slot 2. I hope I didn't get a faulty 3in1.

edit3: Ok, got GBA games running with gbaldr. Now to work out how to use the browser.....

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the patched browser from the DS Linker site, but it wouldn't work. I'll try patching it myself now.

Edit: It's working! Thanks mate!

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, just two more questions.

1) Is it possible to use the Japanese browser?

2) Is there any reason I should bother trying to get the official 3in1 software running or try to upgrade the firmware, or whatever that .bin file does?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Not that I know of. You could try that patch on the Japanese browser, but I doubt it would work.

2. There is no official 3-in-1 software. The "official" method of using the 3-in-1 is to use the EZ-V to manage it. The only other choices are GBALdr and the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

phineas204

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just have to run 3in1_ExpPack_Tool.nds on my DSlinker with 3in1 in slot 2 ?

thanks for repply
wink.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basically, yes. You'll need a current version of the slot 1 cart's firmware so that the DLDI driver will be able to write save files to it.

Aside from that, you just create a folder called GBA in the root of the cart, and a Save folder inside the GBA folder (X:\GBA and X:\GBA\Save). GBA games go in the GBA folder, and save files will be created automatically in the \GBA\Save folder.

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any reason why I couldn't get soft reset to run with the DS Linker & 3in1 combo?

I used GBATA to patch some roms with soft reset, but it's not working.

Edit: Got it working. Just wasn't working with the first couple of games I tried.

I thought it was going to reset to the 3in1 menu, but just resets the game... It's kind of useless. :'( Any way to soft reset to 3in1 menu?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't soft reset out of a GBA game. Also, there's no way to go from GBA mode back to DS mode without turning the power off, so soft resetting back to the DS software that manages the 3-in-1 is impossible.

If you patch the game for reboot with GBATA, it will just reset the game when you press the button combo.

If you're talking about soft resetting out of the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, that won't work on the DS Linker. DSLink and DS Linker are totally different carts.

zombielove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Destructobot. You're pretty helpful.

I was just trying BOMA then - but doesn't work with my cart, of course. Oh well. A hard reset is fine too.

THUD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a EZflash with my Ncard MK5 16g and it works perfect with the above patch software...although a tip set it on the lowest rumble setting, otherwise your DS will leap out your hands

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sillypatterson posted a pretty good guide for using the 3-in-1 with the R4 in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=55823

Using it with the MK5 (or any other N-Card clone) will be the same in most regards, but you'll have to patch games for rumble, and patch the web browser to use the RAM expansion. See my previous post for the patches.

You'll need this stuff:
Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool
GBATA
EZ4 Client

You need to patch games that use EEPROM or Flash save types with GBATA (in the "SRAM Patcher" tab).

Games that use 1024 Kbit Flash saves (GBATA will tell you the save type) need to be patched with the EZ4 Client. You don't want to run any other games through the EZ4 client though, because it causes lost saves when you play games from PSRAM with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

If you don't like the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, check out NDStation.

phineas204

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thaks for your repply, just a question
tongue.gif

If I have patch my game in rumble low, I have to launch my game with low rumble with 3in1 EXPack tool ?

PS : My linker is not compatible with the soft reset
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ring actually helped and I didn't have to cuss out the guy in arabic