RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use my official PSN account on a hacked vita? I'm on 3.65 prepping for July 1st. Will Sony ban my account? Or are we putting ourselves at the mercy of Sony now and potentially later? I have hundreds of dollars from PSN purchases throughout the years

Do you think they may change their viewpoint as after July 1st this will basically become mainstream? (like switch and 3DS hacks)..They didn't care about hacks until hacked PS3's were playing Black Ops II online. That was the only way to get instabanned on PSN I believe

I would like to still have access to PS4 RemotePlay. I can make a dupe account on the vita and still use remote play? I don't have to add that account on the PS4 right? But I won't have RemotePlay via internet.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if you link the same profile on a non hacked device as on the hacked device they may ban the legit device too if they do ban you. It's in general a good idea to avoid associating any legit/unhacked device with a hacked device in any way

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that, while some say it may not be safe to do so, in the ~2 years since we've had Henkaku and backups there have been absolutely no account or console bans whatsoever on the Vita. Some believe this is mainly because we're not using a "full" CFW like the PS3 is, so it's more difficult to detect accurately, others think it's just because Sony doesn't care about the Vita anymore, but regardless of why there hasn't been any at all at this point.

The only reported bans we've seen involved using NEAR, and they were only temporary IP bans at that which are nothing to worry about (since it's temporary, automated, and can be easily circumvented by resetting your IP).

While you should always exercise caution when using your main accounts on hacked devices, in this case it's entirely possible Sony may simply not care enough to issue out bans anymore. If all you want to do is play legit PSN games and PS4 Remote Play and homebrew, then you're fine using Henkaku with your "main" account. If you want to play backups as well, then it's simply suggested you avoid connecting to PSN at all beyond accessing your legitimate games (Remote Play doesn't actually require PSN access for local play, so this is fine). It's also advised not to sync your trophies for any backups you play, even though many have done so and there have been no bans, it's possible Sony may flag for bans at a later date.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that, while some say it may not be safe to do so, in the ~2 years since we've had Henkaku and backups there have been absolutely no account or console bans whatsoever on the Vita. Some believe this is mainly because we're not using a "full" CFW like the PS3 is, so it's more difficult to detect accurately, others think it's just because Sony doesn't care about the Vita anymore, but regardless of why there hasn't been any at all at this point.

The only reported bans we've seen involved using NEAR, and they were only temporary IP bans at that which are nothing to worry about (since it's temporary, automated, and can be easily circumvented by resetting your IP).

While you should always exercise caution when using your main accounts on hacked devices, in this case it's entirely possible Sony may simply not care enough to issue out bans anymore. If all you want to do is play legit PSN games and PS4 Remote Play and homebrew, then you're fine using Henkaku with your "main" account. If you want to play backups as well, then it's simply suggested you avoid connecting to PSN at all beyond accessing your legitimate games (Remote Play doesn't actually require PSN access for local play, so this is fine). It's also advised not to sync your trophies for any backups you play, even though many have done so and there have been no bans, it's possible Sony may flag for bans at a later date.

Hey thanks for the long explanation Tom, I appreciate it.

Basically you're telling me that Sony hasn't banned anyone yet because either.....

1. They don't care and never will.
2. They won't care until July 1st when hackers will be much much more rampant. Then they will issue bans.
3. They do care and are waiting for the perfect moment to issue banhammers when we least expect it.

Either way... If you have a valuable account, you shouldn't risk it and you'll lose PS4 RemotePlay (but gain PC remote play with Moonlight)

However...There is an account switcher app right? Can I just avoid connecting online for backups and when I want to play legit games or online switch to the main one?.. Or would that be detectable

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
However...There is an account switcher app right? Can I just avoid connecting online for backups and when I want to play legit games or online switch to the main one?.. Or would that be detectable
No clue.

Nobody has been banned, so we have absolutely 0 idea what is detectable and what isn't, what's worth a ban from Sony and what isn't, and why they haven't banned anyone the last two years, whether swapping between legit and hack accounts is safe etc etc etc.

It might be worth using Simple Account Switcher to swap between the two, keeping one for legit and PS4 remote play and one for not, but IMO I would wait maybe a couple weeks after the exploit releases, to see if anyone suddenly gets banned who was using Henkaku at any point.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No clue.

Nobody has been banned, so we have absolutely 0 idea what is detectable and what isn't, what's worth a ban from Sony and what isn't, and why they haven't banned anyone the last two years, whether swapping between legit and hack accounts is safe etc etc etc.

It might be worth using Simple Account Switcher to swap between the two, keeping one for legit and PS4 remote play and one for not, but IMO I would wait maybe a couple weeks after the exploit releases, to see if anyone suddenly gets banned who was using Henkaku at any point.

Good idea. If any time that Sony will act out, it will be after July 1st when every handheld will be exploitable to some degree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk