Hacking Utilizing official Cloud Save functionality for Transferring Edited Saves?

MisterAlex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
I've seen some Switch save edit services online that use the Cloud Save feature of the Nintendo Switch Online service to deliver, for example, a Mario Kart save that's got everything unlocked or a Zelda save with additional inventory items.

For this exchange to work, you would have to share your Nintendo account credentials—which I would certainly not want to do, anyway—but that's kind of tangential... I'm mainly interested in the process of how one would reliably go about accomplishing this on their own.

In the abstract: 1.) Pat uses his unmodded stock Switch and syncs his game save to NSO, 2.) Wendy uses Pat's NSO credentials and a stock[?] Switch to download the cloud save, 3.) Wendy accesses/exports[?] the save file for editing, 4.) Wendy syncs the edited save back to NSO service, and then 5.) Pat goes online and downloads the new cloud save to his Switch (and then hopefully updates his NSO password).

The "black box" portion is, to my mind, parts 2 and 3. I'm not really sure how to perform this even given both a stock and a modded Switch. Am I just mistaken in thinking that the modded Switch cannot simply go online and log into an NSO account? I'd appreciate any insight regarding the mechanics of all this.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Am I just mistaken in thinking that the modded Switch cannot simply go online and log into an NSO account?
I've never done this myself, but editing save files for online games is probably a sure way to get your console banned. Step 4.) is the problematic one in my opinion i.e. uploading an edited save to the NSO service.

Reactions: MisterAlex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: