Homebrew Vc Injects or Usb Loader GX

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is an old post but does this mean I can play WiiWare and VC titles which support the classic controller using the gamepad so long I run USB Loader GX off a Wii U forwarder?
I'll get back to you on this if nobody else does It's injected as opposed to a forwarder.

I've got nintendont working perfectly. I just injected the nintendont homebrew app using techmoons VC injector. Popped that file in the install folder and it asks if you want to use your gamepad when it boots into nintendont.

I also tried to inject usbloader gx.... But I've had problems. I'm currently waiting for a y cable as the Wiiu didn't have enough power in the usb ports to power my hard drive (ironically my original Wii did).

I've copied my GC games to my SD card and currently although I can see the games on my sd card I can't launch them (I think they need to be on usb for usb loadergx). I'll know more when my y cable arrives... But I think it should work.

I still can't get my GC controllers working. I'm thinking of just buying Wiiu pads/controllers rather than the mayflash adapter. Does anyone know if these games and emulators work with any/all wiiu controllers?? Or is it just the stock one with the screen?

Reactions: sonictopfan

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you inject a game or a USB Loader into the WiiU. You can access with this injected homebrew only the SDCard and never the USB ports. Launching, playing a game with injected USB Loader GX from SDCard works also this way like with Nintendont only.

By using a channel inside vWii you will be able to use SD and/or HDD. There exists also a forwarder for the WiiU menu which can launch this channel inside vWii. There exists no "all in one" solution to have vWii USB support and WiiU gamepad support at same time.

As the injected game or app supports Classic Controller you will be able to play this game with WiiU gamepad (Pad with screen). There exists also in Techmons injector the possibility to add CC support to some Wii games which doesnt have this nativ implemented.

USB Loader GX interface and Nintendont supports the original WiiU Pro Controller. Fake ones causing issues. For Emulators best check the specification, but original Wii/WiiU controllers should be supported by all.
  • Multi-players support
  • Multiple controller supports : Gamecube, Wiimote, Classic, Konga, etc.
  • HID controller support via any USB port
  • Custom button layout when using HID controllers
  • Official WiiU GameCube Controller Adapter support (using HID).
  • Bluetooth controller support (e.g.: WiiU Pro Controller)
  • Rumble support
  • Reset/Exit via button combo
Source: gbatemp thread Nintendont

There also exists for WiiU HID2VPAD and for Wii fakemote for USB connected controller for use.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(ironically my original Wii did)
that's the case for everyone.

(I think they need to be on usb for usb loadergx)
gamecube games don't need to be on USB, they work from either USB or SD. (based on settings for priority if you are duplicates)
You also need to have nintendont dol on SD and the path properly set in USBGX settings.
And like said just above, if you launch USBloaderGX from a WiiVC channel, you won't have USB access AT ALL.
If you want USB support, you need to use a vWii forwarder channel (to reboot in vWii mode), not a WiiVC channel (in Wiiu mode with nintendo's IOS255).

as for the channel on NAND with gamepad support, I never tried.
It was only a supposition from how WiiVC channels on WiiU works. maybe it doesn't. Or maybe it requires Blackb0x version, because he fixed some channel launching code.

Last edited by Cyan,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you inject a game or a USB Loader into the WiiU. You can access with this injected homebrew only the SDCard and never the USB ports. Launching, playing a game with injected USB Loader GX from SDCard works also this way like with Nintendont only.

By using a channel inside vWii you will be able to use SD and/or HDD. There exists also a forwarder for the WiiU menu which can launch this channel inside vWii. There exists no "all in one" solution to have vWii USB support and WiiU gamepad support at same time.

As the injected game or app supports Classic Controller you will be able to play this game with WiiU gamepad (Pad with screen). There exists also in Techmons injector the possibility to add CC support to some Wii games which doesnt have this nativ implemented.

USB Loader GX and Nintendont supports the original WiiU Pro Controller. Fake ones causing issues. For Emulators best check the specification, but original Wii/WiiU controllers should be supported by all.

There also exists for WiiU HID2VPAD and for Wii fakemote to connect USB controller for use.
Thanks I'll try those out. I'm hoping they are compatible with my 8bitdo adapter too :) I've also downloaded the forwarder you mentioned for usbloaderGX.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll get back to you on this if nobody else does It's injected as opposed to a forwarder.

I've got nintendont working perfectly. I just injected the nintendont homebrew app using techmoons VC injector. Popped that file in the install folder and it asks if you want to use your gamepad when it boots into nintendont.

I also tried to inject usbloader gx.... But I've had problems. I'm currently waiting for a y cable as the Wiiu didn't have enough power in the usb ports to power my hard drive (ironically my original Wii did).

I've copied my GC games to my SD card and currently although I can see the games on my sd card I can't launch them (I think they need to be on usb for usb loadergx). I'll know more when my y cable arrives... But I think it should work.

I still can't get my GC controllers working. I'm thinking of just buying Wiiu pads/controllers rather than the mayflash adapter. Does anyone know if these games and emulators work with any/all wiiu controllers?? Or is it just the stock one with the screen?
I appreciate the response, however I think can help YOU in this regard, I do have a fully functioning Wii U forwarder for Nintendont and I can run GC games off the SD just fine, also I had to be creative and create my own y cable but yes on vWii mod both USB Loader GX and Nintendont run games perfectly off a USB as well as EmuNAND and other applications and emulators, and yes the Wii did not need a y cable.

I was only asking if I can play official Wiiware and VC titles using the Wii U gamepad like Castlevania Adventures Rebirth or Mega Man 10 or even a N64 Wii vc title.
Post automatically merged:

There also exists for WiiU HID2VPAD and for Wii fakemote to connect USB controller for use.
I’ve been wanting to look into installing fakemote but the instructions aren’t very clear and the only visual tutorial I found on youtube was in Spanish, also I’m only interested in installing on Wii U as I already have a GC controller for the Wii, this adds to my fear as I don’t wanna risk damaging my vWii since I don’t have priiloader there and it is very risky.

that's the case for everyone.

gamecube games don't need to be on USB, they work from either USB or SD. (based on settings for priority if you are duplicates)
You also need to have nintendont dol on SD and the path properly set in USBGX settings.
And like said just above, if you launch USBloaderGX from a WiiVC channel, you won't have USB access AT ALL.
If you want USB support, you need to use a vWii forwarder channel (to reboot in vWii mode), not a WiiVC channel (in Wiiu mode with nintendo's IOS255).

as for the channel on NAND with gamepad support, I never tried.
It was only a supposition from how WiiVC channels on WiiU works. maybe it doesn't. Or maybe it requires Blackb0x version, because he fixed some channel launching code.
I still wonder why USB Loader doesn’t support running Wii titles off SD like Wiiflow, I prefer USB Loader and I’d like to be able to play Wii games on my Wii U without having to switch between hard drives.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was only asking if I can play official Wiiware and VC titles using the Wii U gamepad like Castlevania Adventures Rebirth or Mega Man 10 or even a N64 Wii vc title.
Theoretically yes. But because the injected USB Loader GX cant access the vWii Nand or read .wad files, they need to be installed on EmuNand. As they have classic controller support and as you stated you have a Emunand, just try it out.
Information source load wad with Usb Loader GX

I still wonder why USB Loader doesn’t support running Wii titles off SD like Wiiflow, I prefer USB Loader and I’d like to be able to play Wii games on my Wii U without having to switch between hard drives.
it's not a simple change to do, as there are few place where USB is hardcoded. but it can be done if someone has time to look into it
Why do that? SD is less compatible (some games don't work at all), smaller, more expansive, slower, etc.
I really don't get the interest in using SD for Wii games, when USB is the best choice.
Information Source: USB Loader GX SDCard support

And maybe its a matter of time because some guys are working on that to be able to use the WiiU drive like a normal USB drive. Then we would maybe to be able to run every stuff from the vWii drive.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate the response, however I think can help YOU in this regard, I do have a fully functioning Wii U forwarder for Nintendont and I can run GC games off the SD just fine, also I had to be creative and create my own y cable but yes on vWii mod both USB Loader GX and Nintendont run games perfectly off a USB as well as EmuNAND and other applications and emulators, and yes the Wii did not need a y cable.

I’ve been wanting to look into installing fakemote but the instructions aren’t very clear and the only visual tutorial I found on youtube was in Spanish, also I’m only interested in installing on Wii U as I already have a GC controller for the Wii, this adds to my fear as I don’t wanna risk damaging my vWii since I don’t have priiloader there and it is very risky.

Thanks I'm having trouble with fakemote too. I've edited the line for Base IOS 57. When I first did it I edited the one saying 56 (but realised I was being silly straight away). I've put the fakemote.app where I should. I'm getting an error when I load d2x cios installer something "Only 22 out of 23 contents extracted for v10 d2x-beta............ base 56".

I actually want to install to base 57 but I'm not even getting that far. I'll look into this more tonight. I managed to get HID2Vpad running and recognising my Switch pad pro via 8Bitdo adapters (but couldn't actually use it in a game).

I've got everything else working I didn't realise Wii Flow could use the SD Card (I'll look into that).

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Follow this Installation guide for fakemote, or install this d2x-c10-b52-ST-FM050 as normal d2x patch into your used cios.

The d2x-c10-b52-ST-FM050 is the same as d2x-v10-beta52, but with updated FAT module (with UStealth support) and a new Fakemote module (version 0.5.0) by xerpi. Fakemote is An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers (e.g. DS3 and DS4 controllers)

So just try if you get the adapter with controller working. Or someone else have a clue to get them work with a custom configuration.

Yes the Wii did not need a y cable.
As i now know the WiiU limits the poweroutput of the ports to a max of 500mA each. It cuts the power if more is drawn. There exists the posibility to solder some points to remove this limitation to use the drives without Y-Cable. There is a thread about it in here.

As i know the Wii has one underpowered port, cant tell atm specific in which way. But maybe the other port is not limited to 500 mA.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically yes. But because the injected USB Loader GX cant access the vWii Nand or read .wad files, they need to be installed on EmuNand. As they have classic controller support and as you stated you have a Emunand, just try it out.
Information source load wad with Usb Loader GX
I do have EmuNAND both standard and Neek2o which one to use? Also I’m gonna need a WUP Forwarder for USB Loader GX with gamepad support, I wanna try this out, honestly EmuNAND works it’d be awesome as it is my preferred method to run WiiWare and VC titles since I can just store the games on the SD card and play them no problem, plus EmuNAND is safer.
And maybe its a matter of time because some guys are working on that to be able to use the WiiU drive like a normal USB drive. Then we would maybe to be able to run every stuff from the vWii drive.
Dude, I literally dream of this, I was imagining this a couple of months ago, how cool it would be if the Wii U was cracked to use regular FAT32 USB or some way to access the USB and use it like normal, flashbacks to the days we had to use WBFS format for the Wii before FAT32 became an option and opened the doors of USB homewbrew.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Follow this Installation guide for fakemote, or install this d2x-c10-b52-ST-FM050 as normal d2x patch into your used cios.

The d2x-c10-b52-ST-FM050 is the same as d2x-v10-beta52, but with updated FAT module (with UStealth support) and a new Fakemote module (version 0.5.0) by xerpi. Fakemote is An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers (e.g. DS3 and DS4 controllers)

So just try if you get the adapter with controller working. Or someone else have a clue to get them work with a custom configuration.

As i now know the WiiU limits the poweroutput of the ports to a max of 500mA each. It cuts the power if more is drawn. There exists the posibility to solder some points to remove this limitation to use the drives without Y-Cable. There is a thread about it in here.

As i know the Wii has one underpowered port, cant tell atm specific in which way. But maybe the other port is not limited to 500 mA.
Thanks that's up and running now. Still not working with my switch pad or third party adapter. But I've got some other pads working and moving the cursor. The Wii classic still seems the best and most reliable though.

I've already used ustealth on my drive (still waiting for the y cable). Didn't realise I had to patch the vwii to support it so thanks in advance.

I don't think I'll solder usb ports even if I get the official GameCube adapter... But I might use my Wii sing usb adapter (just for power) to still leave me a few ports if I need them.

I've also got the usb loader forwarder working on my SD card for GC games 😁.

Finally do I need to run the updated file on all the same iOS base and slots as when I first modded the vwii? Or do I just run the one that refers to base 57? Which the edited file refers to? For example (text from wii u hacks guide).

1. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS: v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
    • Select cIOS base: 56
    • Select cIOS slot: 249
  2. Press the A button to install.
  3. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS base: 57
    • Select cIOS slot: 250
  4. Press the A button to install.
  5. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS base: 58
    • Select cIOS slot: 251
  6. Press the A button to install.
  7. Press the B button to exit.

I'm sorry if that's something really simple I feel like I should know this already. I would assume I only need to do the base 57 slot 250 install (seeing as the ciosmaps.xml file is edited and days base 57?). That said if it's a carbon copy of the original file... I think I'll do all 3 bases (some of the other mods like u stealth might use a different base even if I'm right about how that works).

Again sorry for the noob question I didn't intend to turn the thread into a hacking guide.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The soldering is as option.

Ustealth by itself doesnt need a specific patch, it will only change a value on the drive that it will not longer be recognized by standard applications. Just run Ustealth on PC or WiiU.

You can update each cios or only the used one for the USB Loader, which should normaly be the cios with base 57.

There are three because of compatibility. Base 57 has a game compatibility of 99%. But some games need a cios with base 56 which needs external devices like guitar hero a mic.

Base 58 is as alternative for base 57 and also 56 with standard USB 2.0 support if there are game, drives issues or a game uses e.g a mic or keyboard. As additional info, if the drive has recognizen errors the loader can use ios 58 together with cios base 58 as game cios.

You also will find setups with different order with base 57 in cios 249, that changes nothing in theire usage and theoretically only the used ones needs to be installed.

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i was looking for different answer in this thread. Sorry for intromisión

Is there any advantage in terms of performance graphics or audio in the mode of load a Wii game between launch injected in Wii U or through usb loader gx in veii?

One advantage indeed for injector mode is that I don’t need swap usb HDD for load Wii U games or Wii games

Thanks

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...