Hacking Very strange thing happening

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I am sorry to have to add to the mass of threads relating to this 4.0 update business, but something very strange is happening on my Wii.

I had a NTSC-U Wii that was on 3.2U. I then followed this guide to update to 4.0 with no disadvantages. This was successful. I then played around with the SD Card Menu, ect. I have played a few backups in my region from the disc channel normally, too. Then, I turned my Wii off. I noticed that the disc (a backup of CODWAW) was still spinning, even though the changelog for Preloader 0.29 stated that this bug was fixed. So I then went into the Preloader settings. I noticed that there was an option for "Stop disc". I thought that it would be logical that this was the way to enable this bugfix, so I turned it on. This is where it gets wierd. I went back to the Wii Menu. You know the sound that plays when the Wii Menu starts up? That sound played for about 1/2 of a second, and then it stopped. The normal casual background music of the Wii Menu began to play. Then, I went to the Disc Channel and saw that the backup wasn't being read. I ejected the backup and put it back in. It read it for a few seconds, and then played the remainder of the startup sound. Then the backup came up. I can start it and play it fine, but I have never seen anything like this. It still does this now, with "Stop disc" on or off. Below is a picture of my Preloader settings. Has anyone had this happen to them or a friend, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks alot,
bdr9

PS, I can upload a video if you want, if you can't understand what I mean about the Wii Menu sounds and all, but only if you need it. Read it again and I think you will know what I mean. Thanks again.

1004338.jpg

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same thing happens to me, except I've never had the drive spinning while my Wii is off. Its just one of those things. Theres nothing wrong with it unless the drive continues to still spin when the Wii is off.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
Same thing happens to me, except I've never had the drive spinning while my Wii is off. Its just one of those things. Theres nothing wrong with it unless the drive continues to still spin when the Wii is off.
But it does. And, it just started doing it after I gave the "Stop disc" option a try, and now it does it regardless of that option.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
I think the sound thing just happens to wiis when they get old, mine does it too :'(
But you guys are missing my point. The sound thing can't be a case of an old Wii, because:

1. It just started doing it after I tried that option to fix the spinning disc.
2. It is tied to backups or something because the sound resumes after I reinsert the disc while on the Disc Channel.

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
The sound thing is because of Preloader and burned discs. If you notice, original discs won't do it.
Thank you for clarifying, but there is still something I don't understand.
Preloader 0.28 did not do that, and also the disc 'cannot be read' in the Disc Channel until I reinsert it, causing the sound to resume from where it left off and causing the game to work.

assassda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Golfman560 said:
The sound thing is because of Preloader and burned discs. If you notice, original discs won't do it.
Preloader 0.28 did not do that, and also the disc 'cannot be read' in the Disc Channel until I reinsert it, causing the sound to resume from where it left off and causing the game to work.
disc not reading without reinserting is because of the stop disc option

turn stop disc off
turn ignore standby setting on

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
bdr9 said:
Golfman560 said:
disc not reading without reinserting is because of the stop disc option

turn stop disc off
turn ignore standby setting on
I have done this, but it does not fix the problem.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the menu sound always acts a little strangely when PreLoader is installed. it happened to me when i was on 3.2 and it happens to me now on 4.0. i think it is normal.

i also have the spinning disc issue on 4.0 and i also had it on 3.2. i actually uninstalled PreLoader when i was on 3.2 because of this. now in 4.0 i turned my Standby Connection off in the Wii Menu because the only hack i have for the new PreLoader is Skip Disc Update. i badly need an NTSC hacks.ini for PreLoader0.29.

bdr9, do you have a Modchip installed? i do and i feel like that could be the reason why PreLoader is acting a little weird.

thoughts anyone?

bdr9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
the menu sound always acts a little strangely when PreLoader is installed. it happened to me when i was on 3.2 and it happens to me now on 4.0. i think it is normal.

i also have the spinning disc issue on 4.0 and i also had it on 3.2. i actually uninstalled PreLoader when i was on 3.2 because of this. now in 4.0 i turned my Standby Connection off in the Wii Menu because the only hack i have for the new PreLoader is Skip Disc Update. i badly need an NTSC hacks.ini for PreLoader0.29.

bdr9, do you have a Modchip installed? i do and i feel like that could be the reason why PreLoader is acting a little weird.

thoughts anyone?
I can tell you that your issues are not caused by the presence of a Modchip, because I do not have one in my Wii.
I am in the exact same boat as you. I need a NTSC hacks.ini for Preloader 0.29 because I am using the hacks.ini that comes with Preloader 0.29 with only Skip disk update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow