Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dannypatt123 said:
Honestly this is why I hate ignorant people. Someone should make these politicians sit down and play some of these violent games. The pessimist in me says it wouldn't work..... Let's riot instead.

They are old and set in their ways and never will play any video game. A better idea is their children start playing those games for some results.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, girls, don't get your panties all up in a bunch. As already stated, this is only introduced. There are entirely too many reasons why this won't pass.

If you want to keep up with this one, go here.

More info.

Rest easy, folks. It's pretty safe to say it won't pass.

Also, let's not put the title as stating that the labeling WILL happen. It has obviously confused a lot of people here.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmon whats more fucked up killing aliens that are using humans as fun soup or beating the shit out of naughty rabbits?

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masdeeper said:
guns are legal in USA...ironic

maybe they should engrave health warnings on guns too
smile.gif

dagreenone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, it was just introduced.

You act like they are taking away video games. Chill out people. Nothing is going to change if this is passed, except a label on the side/back of the box. If you are a child you shouldn't be playing these games anyway.

Relax.

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The world financial system is crumbling before our eyes, credit markets are frozen, housing, retail, employment and everything else you can name are in a downward spiral that will stop only when the Western way of life is rendered unrecognizable. And this A.H. is worried about video game labeling? He honestly has nothing better to do?

It's like the Obama Inauguration today. A watershed event, a Civil Rights victory, an ostensibly new direction for the country and what does the AP decide to report on? That the First Lady wore a Cuban Toledo-designed dress.

Jeeeeeeebus.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:

Let's see... a 6 year old playing an M rated game... yet the fault lies with the game? That's like the parents that buy their underage kids beer, then try to blame Budweiser when their kids go out in public and get in trouble. The manufacturer never told the parents to buy beer for their kids - that was solely the decision of the parents. But the popular trend these days is to avoid owning up to your mistakes at all costs - why take the blame when society is so willing to help you pick out a scapegoat?

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
tis true though
you hear about the boy who threw a taco at his mom cuz she turned off his xbox?

She ought to have spanked him (not beat him, mind you) severely. You can tell a kid a million times without success, but they'll only put their hands on a hot stove once. We feel pain for a reason, but today's oversensitive "politically correct" society is forcing us to do a disservice to our youth by sheltering them from things they will have to learn and understand eventually anyway (unless they plan to live with mommy and daddy for the rest of their lives). I think it's better for someone to learn these hard lessons of life when they're young enough to bounce back from them, than to hide it from them until they're old enough to be screwed by it.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Good enough to make your army soldiers response times in situations of extreme stress &/or turmoil, quick decision making, and aim all crazy effective; But when a kid who happens to own a copy of GTA (his parents bought) hauls off and shoots a kid (with his parents gun?), you have to tie games like GUITAR HERO and THE SIMS to that negative label/idea/experience/whatever.

Great job!

Hopefully this kind of frivolous state funding black hole crap gets toned down here over the next four years.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Styles420 said:
And another scapegoat is officially logged in the books. Violence in video games, movies or any other form of media won't ever cause someone to become violent.

All they might do is give ideas to someone who is already inclined to be violent, in other words, someone who is fucked up in the head to begin with. But people like that will find inspiration somewhere regardless - sickos like them have existed throughout the history of mankind. This is no better than a doctor treating the symptoms of an illness instead of the cause - which is a fight with no end (just like Bush's "war on terror")

This was exactly what i had told my parents each time they reach the newspaper and some report about some dumb fuck doing something retarded like this, luckily for me, they are understanding and not, the internet is a lie and etc
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to +1