Ulttimaa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that Majora's Mask has been dumped on the European and Japanese VC, but is it possible to say, get those files, and use them on a NA Wii? Like, if someone uploaded them online somewhere, could I take those files and put them into an SD card and play Majora's Mask, or any other VC game? Or is there some catch to it?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to install them with WAD Manager. There's more to it than just copying over the files; there's a ticket system in place on the Wii. No ticket, no running so and so.

Ulttimaa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, would all I need is the Wad manager*? I'm not looking for you to give me a huge tutorial or anything, any help is appreciated.

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking to do the exact same thing. I managed to get hold of the Majora's Mask PAL wad and convert it to US (search for freethewads it's the conversion software). My 3.2U Wii couldn't run it no matter how many times I tried. The furthest it got was to the language selection screen (which confirmed it as a converted PAL version.) I ended up tracking down a US "injected" version and installing with WADmanager 1.3. The reason I know it's injected is because there is no language selection, it goes straight in to English.

I am a newbie when it comes to jargon involved but I'm good at following instructions. I use terms like "injected" and "wad" because that's what they are called. I don't necessarily know what they do or how to make them!! lol

In answer to your question, WAD manager is one of the pieces of homebrew you require. I think 1.4 is available now, I haven't used this version. Maybe the 1.4 version will successfully install a converted Majora's Mask VC WAD......

I tried with both WADmanager versions 1.2 and 1.3 to install my converted WAD unsuccessfully.

I'm not 100% sure but I've read that it's something to do with Majora's Mask having used the expansion pack on N64, emulating it isn't easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3