djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Hello i have just finished downloading a game called Quest 64 this was a rom that was injected into a virtual console game (Sin and punishment i think) When i load up the game it says it wont be able to save as no controller pack is inserted.

My question is well is there any way to emulate the n64 controller pak (memory card) in a vc game?

CEpeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. In order for controller pack functionality to be used in injected VC games, Nintendo will have to release a game that uses it.

djda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks i did some more reading and found this

QUOTE said:
Game saves and save data

Game saving is functional and intact on the Virtual Console for all games which originally had a save feature on their cartridge. Saved games are saved to the Wii Internal Memory and function exactly as the original cartridge did. A game which in its original cartridge form did not have any form of save feature will not have any save game feature on the Virtual Console (though depending on its original system it may have the suspend feature as described below).

Most first-party N64 games used internal cartridge memory for game save data and thus will save properly on the Virtual Console.[citation needed] A select few first-party and nearly all other N64 game cartridges utilized the extra memory capability of the N64 Controller Pak.[34] Saving of data to the Controller Pak is not supported by the Virtual Console, so for those games which used this feature, the save feature will not work properly in the Virtual Console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to rant, but...
You know, that always bothered me during the N64 days. I mean, they are frig gen cartridges, why the hell did we need controller paks? If they were disc based, I could understand, but they were freaking cartridges!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.