Misc Vista x64 + NDS WiFi = no go; alternatives?

FlatFrogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm running Vista x64 and recently found out the Official nintendo DS WiFi USB adapter is useless with it, same goes for many of the SoftAP alternatives. I've tried a few other things with a separate WiFi Adapter trying to make an adhoc network and ICS for it which kinda works (the DS finds it) and tries to connect only fail with code 51310 (which nintendo claims is a WEP issue, considering im not using a WEP key).

Does anyone know of any useful guides/alternatives so that I can use my DS online, i.e: Guides how to get it to work with non-official/regular wifi adapters without special software, Even alternative adapters which are compatible with vista x64, anything which would be of use.

NOTE: I have a router already but it is running with WPA2, due to issues with many other devices in the house WEP is not an option, it causes many devices even my wii produce all sorts of wonderful magnificent errors which are attributed to WEP after tracking them down.

NOTE2: (Kinda pre-emptive, i hope it doesnt apply) I use Vista x64 for my own reasons, I dont need telling vista sucks/etc.

kirbydragon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Late reply, but you can try a virtual machine. Run XP x86(32-bit) on it, it should work fairly well. I use VMWare Workstation.

nycazncarguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt wanna create a new thread, since i have a similar problem. I bought this wifi dongle

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3345

And found out that it doesnt work with vista x64, or maybe even vista in general, just like flatfrogger's original problem. It works as a wifi adapter, but the program it comes with to make it an access point starts up, but there is no system try icon and the program only shows up for half a second. After that, it disappears. It's in the processes list, but it doesnt appear otherwise.

So, i remembered i also have a WinXP installed, the 32bit version, as a virtual machine using virtualbox under ubuntu. I installed it again and everything, but the same problem occurred with that one, which is weird. It should've worked without a problem, or maybe something else goes wrong, but the exact same problem occurs....any clue?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is