Hacking Vita Hacking Cons?

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering buying a Vita from a friend as a hacking toy, hoping for some up-to-date information on what I the cons are in hacking it, and what the best options are for what I want to do with it. For one, I would like to be online with it, though it won't likely be for playing online (i.e., checking friends/messages from my PSN account, however I *do* play online on the PS3 with this account, so getting it banned is not something I'd like). Most I might do is Transfarring saves in Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Not that I should worry about bans for playing multiplayer in PSP games...). While I see there are some similar threads, I'm also seeing relevant bits from newer developments, so I'm not sure these old questions have up-to-date answers.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Considering buying a Vita from a friend as a hacking toy, hoping for some up-to-date information on what I the cons are in hacking it, and what the best options are for what I want to do with it. For one, I would like to be online with it, though it won't likely be for playing online (i.e., checking friends/messages from my PSN account, however I *do* play online on the PS3 with this account, so getting it banned is not something I'd like). Most I might do is Transfarring saves in Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Not that I should worry about bans for playing multiplayer in PSP games...). While I see there are some similar threads, I'm also seeing relevant bits from newer developments, so I'm not sure these old questions have up-to-date answers.
no bans have been reported
you need to be on 3.60 to hack
you can then update to 3.65 for psn and online
you can also use a microsd card as a memory card
follow this guide https://vita.cfw.guide/

LanHikariDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying even if I play a game online with Henkaku installed, backup or cartridge, I won't be banned? Or if I'm logged on to PSN and start homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...